Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA Semifinal, Clarkson vs the Ohio State University.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Semifinal, Clarkson vs the Ohio State University.

Originally posted by OSUAlumnMN View Post
    (I'm bummed that I'm missing the men playing because I'll be at the Minnesota United game Saturday night).
    The Minnesota United game is at 1 pm on Saturday afternoon.
    It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Are all 3 games streamed on the NCAA site?

I think I have this dilemma every year and then realize that the answer is yes but they don't show up on the NCAA site until the last minute pretty much...no mention of them until then.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        Actually they took the rink out - no longer there. No water park either!
        Good Grief. Next you'll be telling me that they're closing O'Hara's and destroying Charles Schultz's boyhood home.

I had a vague recollection that the rink might have gone by the wayside, but I'm really surprised about the water park. Years ago, when my kid was little, we actually hosted a party there for MN family & friends. Granted, we aren't talking Kalahari or Great Wolf Lodge. But it was very respectable for a Marriott Hotel swim facility.

The party was years ago, and obviously things change. But not always for the better. Please tell me they still rent hotel rooms for nightly stays!
        Last edited by pgb-ohio; 03-14-2018, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
          Agreed that Tiley will get more help than BC gave Burt. It was interesting that last weekend against Mercyhurst Clarkson shortened its bench throughout the game playing mainly the Top 3 lines as well as for most of the game only 2 defensive pairs, Harmon/Shelton and Pozzebon/Keenan. The 2 Freshmen dmen Mitchell/Hector and Soph Turnquist who has been used both on defense and as a forward did get to play a bit more in the 3rd and OT. My only concern from an offensive standpoint is can someone other than the first line of Pejzlova/Giguere/Gabel generate some grade A chances and maybe put one or two past Sauve. And IMHO the top line can't afford to miss on their chances like they did against Mercyhurst.
          Clarkson is the deeper team but the top end of tOSU's defense is every bit as good as our top defenders. That should limit a lot of the odd-man breaks that we saw in the Mercyhurst game. That being said, Clarkson also has a defense that is head and shoulders above BC's defense, which should limit the amount of pressure tOSU can generate and force them back into a more conservative game.

My take on the game is that if Clarkson can take an early lead, even by 1 goal, they could dominate as tOSU will have to try to force play to generate chances, resulting in more mistakes. If tOSU can hold the fort through the first 10 minutes or first period, you might see a game more like the Clarkson/Quinnipiac games we saw a few years ago, very tight, less play in the middle of the ice, few SOG and even less scoring chances. This would play very much into tOSU's favor or at least level the playing field.

As far as experience winning at this level, well, we brought a team in 2014 that had never experienced the FF. Ohio State doesn't have the experience on the ice but they have the experience on the bench. They seem to be a very well coached team and you know that I think Matt and his staff are tops in D-1 men's or women's. The Bucks are tested in a very tough conference and I don't expect them to come out as inexperienced.

I'd place this game as 60% in favor of Clarkson, 40% tOSU, but would not at all be surprised if tOSU ended up playing on Sunday. That being said, I'm voting with my heart. Let's go Tech!
          Clarkson Golden Knights Men
          10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
          5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
          21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
          ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
          ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
          7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
          National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
            Are all 3 games streamed on the NCAA site?

I think I have this dilemma every year and then realize that the answer is yes but they don't show up on the NCAA site until the last minute pretty much...no mention of them until then.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.
            I believe they are televised on the Big Ten Network and streamed on BTN2Go.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              I believe they are televised on the Big Ten Network and streamed on BTN2Go.
              Joe is correct. Last years games were not on the NC$$ site and I expect these games to not be there also.
              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                Actually they took the rink out - no longer there.
                I guess I don't get down there often in winter because they were skating there the last time I wsa by . . . but that might have been a couple years ago. Thanks for setting him straight

Comment

I don't think OSU will fall back into a conservative game regardless of circumstances. That's just not been their style going into the home stretch. They will most likely come out energized and like Clarkson, try hard for the early lead.

Comment

This is the first time I have opened a thread since Saturday. I keep coming here, seeing all the Frozen Four threads, and getting sad and leaving before I open anything
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      This is the first time I have opened a thread since Saturday. I keep coming here, seeing all the Frozen Four threads, and getting sad and leaving before I open anything
                      Start a "BC 18-19" thread. You'll feel better soon. We'll come in there to tell you how great your team is going to be and tape a "kick me" sign to your back.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        Start a "BC 18-19" thread. You'll feel better soon. We'll come in there to tell you how great your team is going to be and tape a "kick me" sign to your back.
                        I'm here to tell him that bc is going to be great next year...At scoring goals. Keeping them out of their own net might be more of a challenge.

Voted with the WCHA on this one...Sooner or later a WCHA team will beat the fighting nurses in a Frozen Four game.
                        Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 03-14-2018, 09:20 AM.
                        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                          I'm here to tell him that bc is going to be great next year...At scoring goals. Keeping them out of their own net might be more of a challenge.
                          Really? Three Olympians on D say otherwise lol

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post

It me

Comment

Watts up with that?
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

They are good at offense, I will give them that. Unproven at goaltender is more the issue.

In the Lucy and Charlie Brown clip, the football could be the National Championship and Lucy could be the WCHA...Or Clarkson.
                                Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 03-14-2018, 09:54 AM.
                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X