Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA Semifinal, Clarkson vs the Ohio State University.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA Semifinal, Clarkson vs the Ohio State University.

There have been plenty of non-calls both ways. And Clarkson's face off complaints would generate more sympathy if they didn't use their sticks like quarterstaffs every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
      There have been plenty of non-calls both ways. And Clarkson's face off complaints would generate more sympathy if they didn't use their sticks like quarterstaffs every time.
      It's been both teams getting tossed from the face-offs.
      Clarkson Golden Knights Men
      10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
      5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
      21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
      ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
      ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
      12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
      National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Clarkson to the power play on a protocol violation penalty. I know you can't play with a broken stick but it's not like she made a play; she was going to the bench. There's one I wish they overlooked.

OSU with a good shorthanded chance and they also kill the penalty with relatively little concern.

Undefeated - 1956

Comment

End of 1 and we're scoreless. I'll ad my input as I have to leave for work and will be watching the rest on my phone (and driving, don't judge).

Both teams generated chances. OSU is very disciplined with their assignments, much like Mercyhurst last week but they have been able to generate a good forecheck, which I thought they wouldn't be able to do without giving up chances. Thus far, I'm wrong.

The officiating is horrible. 1 power play each way, on a tick tack penalty and a protocol violation. On the other hand, both teams are committing actual offenses and they aren't being called. At least it doesn't seem biased.

All in all, a very entertaining game so far.

Undefeated - 1956

Comment

I'll disagree with you on the Clarkson penalty. She plowed the OSU player over as she was trying to reach for a pass. If you don't call that, you might as well declare that you aren't going to call interference.

Comment

Both goalies looked good in the first period. We'll see which team settles into the game first, but it's pretty even so far. I'm leaning just slightly to Clarkson with one period done.

Comment

Who's the female colour commentator? Is that Arm's favourite?

(All 4 goaltender's in today's games are Canadian...odds against that?)

Sure nice watching this on the wider screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                  I'll disagree with you on the Clarkson penalty. She plowed the OSU player over as she was trying to reach for a pass. If you don't call that, you might as well declare that you aren't going to call interference.
                  Correct, Clear interference penalty. Kind of felt like there were a lot of nerves. To be expected of OSU but a bit surprising from Clarkson. Hopefully a better second period.
                  At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

tOSU with the better of play in the 1st 630 of period 2.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Okay, now that interferencecall on Clarkson was bogus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                        Okay, now that interferencecall on Clarkson was bogus.
                        tOSU scored (Dunne), but waived off on a ticky tack tOSU penalty.

BTW - next goal wins.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

end 2. zip-zip.

This reminds me of last year's 1st semi
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Clarkson turned it on late in the second, but that period belonged to Ohio State. This one's way too close to call. Sauve looks amazing in net for the Buckeyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                              Clarkson turned it on late in the second, but that period belonged to Ohio State. This one's way too close to call. Sauve looks amazing in net for the Buckeyes.
                              Agreed lady Bucks need to stick to it you'll get it drop in again!

Comment

I think 1 goal is gonna win this and it could be either team. I have no clue.
                                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Working...
                                X