Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA Semifinal, Clarkson vs the Ohio State University.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA Semifinal, Clarkson vs the Ohio State University.

tOSU has better legs.

EDIT: Tbis game is Ohio State's to lose.
    Last edited by joecct; 03-16-2018, 06:53 PM.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

GABEL!!!! We survive!!
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Clarkson was the better team in OT. OSU needed to win in regulation.

Comment

The D rushing the puck into the O zone costs OSU the game.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

It's too bad someone had to lose that one - what a game by both teams, and especially both goalies! Of course, all the credit goes to Penn State for waking up Ohio State in January

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              GABEL!!!! We survive!!
              Yes we did. Congrats to TOSU ladies on a great game and a great season. That top line for Clarkson has been scoring all year.
              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Did Gabel's shot go off the post?

OSU with two posts in regulation.

In the last 5 minutes or so of OT each team was allowing the other's puck carrier to just walk right in unmolested.

This game was starting to remind me of the 3OT 2010 Cornell vs UMD Championship Game (in the same venue) in that you didn't want to see either team lose.

Great job by OSU in keeping all that CU first line scoring power off the scoreboard for more than three periods.

Lots of empty seats even in OT. The far side looked almost deserted during the first two periods.
                Last edited by Blackbeard; 03-16-2018, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Helluva battle, one of those games where you hate to see someone lose. I was happy to see a well-executed goal win it, instead of a fluke. Beautiful pass, beautiful one-timer! Looking forward to the second semi.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Was the game winning play onside? I wasn't sure live, and some people thought it wasn't, but they don't show useful replays at Ridder.

And if you claim that a game is a sellout, you ought to have all of the concession stands open.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                      Was the game winning play onside? I wasn't sure live, and some people thought it wasn't, but they don't show useful replays at Ridder.

And if you claim that a game is a sellout, you ought to have all of the concession stands open.
                      Supposedly all goals are reviewed.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

If OSU's second post (occurred during the third period) would have gone in to eventually win the game it would have been extremely embarrassing for CU because OSU's shooter was unchallenged and had possession for a bit as she skated around in CU's end and the shot was a sort of unassuming wrist shot from the high slot. It looked innocent except for the lack of CU defensive response prior to the shot. What a way to lose the game that would have been.

Again, does anyone know if Gabel's shot went in off the post?
                        Last edited by Blackbeard; 03-16-2018, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                          If OSU's second post (occurred during the third period) would have gone in to eventually win the game it would have been extremely embarrassing for CU because OSU's shooter was unchallenged and had possession for a bit as she skated around in CU's end and the shot was a sort of unassuming wrist shot from the high slot. It looked innocent except for the lack of CU defensive response prior to the shot. What a way to lose the game that would have been.

And IF nobody scored they'd still be playing. What a useless post!

Comment

I don’t think it hit the post. It was glove side. Sauvé just couldn’t get there in time, after an amazing game.

Back and forth play. Giguere lost the puck in the o zone. Buckeyes rushes down the ice. Buckeyes tried to pass to the middle of the ice once across the blue line. Intercepted by Pejzlova to Giguere, to Gabel. Gabel gets her third OT goal of the season.

Shut down that line. Win championship or at least play in OT forever. Clarkson are just deadly in OT, and scary on the rush. I’ve only watched a couple Clarkson games all year but what they don’t do is establish an un ending presence in their oppositions zone. Opponents will get time in the Clarkson zone, and chances against them. Thing is Tileys a first team all American so time in Clarkson zone doesn’t necessarily result in goals.

Vermont beat this team. RPI took them to OT (where Gabel scores promptly). Not a slight against those teams but Clarkson is clearly beatable.I have to think if Wisc can get to the final, this is their year.
                            Last edited by Lindsay; 03-16-2018, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Check the replay
                              @jenn82780: So proud of @lgabel9 and the @CUknights!! https://twitter.com/jenn82780/status...725249/video/1
                              Last edited by joecct; 03-16-2018, 08:23 PM.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Riley wasn't the differencetoday. OSU had a looks at an open net where she would have had no chance. They just couldn't hit them.

Comment

Working...
                                X