View Poll Results: Who will be the winner?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Golden Knights

22 61.11%
  • The Buckeyes

13 36.11%
  • Bacon

1 2.78%
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Semifinal, Clarkson vs the Ohio State University.

Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar

NCAA Semifinal, Clarkson vs the Ohio State University.

For posting thoughts on the first NCAA National Collegiate semifinal, and while we're at it, we may as well have a poll, too.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Re: NCAA Semifinal, Clarkson vs the Ohio State University.

As fun as it would be to see another all WCHA final - I think we're heading for a rematch. Clarkson was a fun group last year, glad to hear their sending a band/crowd again this year.

I have not watched Clarkson play this season but I do not doubt their #1 seed hasn't been earned and I hear very good things about this team.
    That being said I do know Ohio State and they also earned their way here and not only do we have some very good players we have a brand new coaching staff that has been outstanding not only in their coaching ability but in how they've inspired this team to believe in themselves.
    I hope they play to their full potential Friday, as if they do they will not likely be a pushover. No predictions on my part but I believe we have a legit chance to advance.

Bacon in my Mac & Cheese for me.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

I voted for Clarkson to win it all, but despite the contradiction I'm voting here with my heart for the 2 former Gophers. The M&M gals.

If Ohio State can duplicate that performance vs Boston College, they can play with and defeat anyone in this Frozen Four. Win or lose, though, I love our team, and it has been an amazing ride this season! I am so proud of our coaching staff and the girls. And I am going to be there! That's right, I am finally making a trip to Ridder Arena! ARM, you will know this, do I need to get tickets now, or will I be able to buy them at the door? I would kind of like to see where the other OSU fans sit rather than just guessing, then ending up in the other team's section. Don't want to be that guy!

Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by osualum86 View Post
    If Ohio State can duplicate that performance vs Boston College, they can play with and defeat anyone in this Frozen Four. Win or lose, though, I love our team, and it has been an amazing ride this season! I am so proud of our coaching staff and the girls. And I am going to be there! That's right, I am finally making a trip to Ridder Arena! ARM, you will know this, do I need to get tickets now, or will I be able to buy them at the door? I would kind of like to see where the other OSU fans sit rather than just guessing, then ending up in the other team's section. Don't want to be that guy!
    Usually you can buy tickets through the OSU ticket office and wind up sitting next to other Buckeye fans. If you ask at the Ridder ticket window, that person may or may not know. The seats reserved for the teams aren't that great; typically, they are bench seats between the goal line and the faceoff dot, or thereabouts.

Will it sell out? Not close, unless Wisco' fans decide to drive over in numbers we've never seen before. But do you want to chance traveling this far and somehow wind up w/o a ticket? (That stupid ARM told me it wouldn't sell out!)
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Making America Troll Again

The best “seat” in the house is standing along the rail between the blue lines, but if you get tired of standing or it is too crowded along the rail you can always go to your seat, so buy your tickets ahead of time and grab a “seat” before it gets too crowded

If you stand facing the player benches you won’t have to look at all the championship banners but you can look at the team photos of your coaches right behind you (BC fans could have admired the pictures of their assistant coach if they had actually made it to the FF)
    10:1 ratio of people who have viewed my profile to posts

Do You Believe in Miracles? YES!!!

Clarkson seems to thrive on being underestimated.... I don't have any doubt they'll come hard this weekend. I think a rematch with Wisconsin is around the corner...
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
    Usually you can buy tickets through the OSU ticket office and wind up sitting next to other Buckeye fans. If you ask at the Ridder ticket window, that person may or may not know. The seats reserved for the teams aren't that great; typically, they are bench seats between the goal line and the faceoff dot, or thereabouts.

Will it sell out? Not close, unless Wisco' fans decide to drive over in numbers we've never seen before. But do you want to chance traveling this far and somehow wind up w/o a ticket? (That stupid ARM told me it wouldn't sell out!)
    Clarkson sent an email out that has tickets available for the Clarkson fans in section 11 which supposedly have chair backs according to the email. Tickets can be purchased thru Clarkson alumni web site thru Wednesday.

After the game there will be a gathering at :

Blarney's Pub & Grill
    412 14th Ave SE
    Minneapolis, MN 55414
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

Quote Originally Posted by vicb View Post
    Clarkson sent an email out that has tickets available for the Clarkson fans in section 11 which supposedly have chair backs according to the email. Tickets can be purchased thru Clarkson alumni web site thru Wednesday.

After the game there will be a gathering at :

Blarney's Pub & Grill
    412 14th Ave SE
    Minneapolis, MN 55414
    IIRC the sides at Ridder have backs, the end zone are bleachers.

Quote Originally Posted by spwood View Post
    Clarkson seems to thrive on being underestimated.... I don't have any doubt they'll come hard this weekend. I think a rematch with Wisconsin is around the corner...
    I have to go with clarkson as well. The travel schedule has been very unkind to OSU the past few weeks. Columbus to Minnesota to Columbus to Boston to Columbus to Minnesota in a 2 week stretch. They may have some jet lag.

Quote Originally Posted by osualum86 View Post
    86 Just buy a general admission ticket and we will make room for you in the parents/family section. If your not family by now (after breaking bread with us two of the last four weekends not sure when you will be.) Thanks for all the support over the years. See you in Minny.
    FYI, the family is meeting pregame at Sally's Saloon just off campus at 1:00pm Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by spwood View Post
    No one's underestimating Clarkson. You saw everyone's true analysis of 2018 Clarkson in the pre-tournament poll.

Some of the OSU Vote reflects posters voting their hearts & pledging allegiance to the Buckeyes. Most of the rest reflects posters lending support to two members of the OSU Coaching Staff. There may be a couple of contrarians in the mix.

Clarkson is the prohibitive favorite. In fact, I recommend that Clarkson rest its best players on Friday, in anticipation of the inevitable championship game appearance. Those stars shouldn't even travel until Sunday. You know, to save on hotel expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    No one's underestimating Clarkson. You saw everyone's true analysis of 2018 Clarkson in the pre-tournament poll.

Some of the OSU Vote reflects posters voting their hearts & pledging allegiance to the Buckeyes. Most of the rest reflects posters lending support to two members of the OSU Coaching Staff. There may be a couple of contrarians in the mix.

Clarkson is the prohibitive favorite. In fact, I recommend that Clarkson rest its best players on Friday, in anticipation of the inevitable championship game appearance. Those stars shouldn't even travel until Sunday. You know, to save on hotel expenses.
    Not saying Ohio will win but do know this, they can play with anyone and in one game finals anything can happen especially when you have goaltending (Sauve). All the pressure is on Clarkson, OH has exceeded all expectations and continue to improve every game they play. Go Bucks Go !

Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
    I think it's already close to a sellout, when I looked online a couple days ago, there were only scattered singles left and you couldn't buy tickets together in a pair.

Now, obviously, that was mostly sales to Minnesotans before the Gophers were eliminated, and I'd guess there will be plenty of open seats and/or tickets available on the secondary market, but as ARM mentioned, if you're coming from a distance, it would probably be wise to try to lock them in before getting on a plane.

Howdy! Long time lurker. Just wanted to let any Buckeyes who are making the trip to Minneapolis know that the Minnesota chapter of the Ohio State Alumni Association is in the process of setting up a n event Thursday night around 6:30/7 in the area by the team hotel. Those invited include parents, former players, all alums, coaches (after team dinner), and the A-Band who is making the trip as well. I'll update y'all when we secure the location.

It's a sellout... tried to buy group tickets for our alumni association today and they were all out. Gotta go through the schools

Quote Originally Posted by BigFan View Post
    Not saying Ohio will win but do know this, they can play with anyone and in one game finals anything can happen especially when you have goaltending (Sauve). All the pressure is on Clarkson, OH has exceeded all expectations and continue to improve every game they play. Go Bucks Go !
    I know. You know I know.

Go Bucks Go!

Experience will win out here. With the exception of top line froward rookie Giguere, who is not your average rookie, all of the key players have been to at least 1 final four and most have been to two -taking home the trophy last year. Last week with Mercyhurst shows that every team has to show up to win this but the advantage of the Clarkson top line and the depth and experience of the team should carry them to victory. LetsGoTech

Quote Originally Posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    This is hilarious.

I didn't (NCAA's doing) watch the OSU vs BC game but I hope that OSU skates on Friday like they did vs UMD back in January. It was an extremely fast series, buzzer to buzzer. Not saying that CU has no speed (I don't actually know) but if OSU adds that component that they are capable of to their arsenal it will test CU even more and should provide for a very entertaining game.

Thread Information