Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA Semifinal, Clarkson vs the Ohio State University.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA Semifinal, Clarkson vs the Ohio State University.

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
    I don’t think it hit the post. It was glove side. Sauvé just couldn’t get there in time, after an amazing game.

Back and forth play. Giguere lost the puck in the o zone. Buckeyes rushes down the ice. Buckeyes tried to pass to the middle of the ice once across the blue line. Intercepted by Pevislova (sp), to Giguere, to Gabel. Gabel gets her third OT goal of the season.

Shut down that line. Win championship or at least play in OT forever. Clarkson are just deadly in OT, and scary on the rush. I’ve only watched a couple Clarkson games all year but what they don’t do is establish an un ending presence in their oppositions zone. Opponents will get time in the Clarkson zone, and chances against them. Thing is Tileys a first team all American so time in Clarkson zone doesn’t necessarily result in goals.

Vermont beat this team. RPI took them to OT (where Gabel scores promptly). Not a slight against those teams but Clarkson is clearly beatable.I have to think if Wisc can get to the final, this is their year.
    Lindsay, don't forget that the Mercyhurst girls took them to OT also, and Clarkson won after playing roughly 17 minutes of OT. Giguere scored and I do believe (could be wrong) that line was on the ice for the tying goal. Shut down that line, you may have a chance to win the game. Mercy almost did it, tOHS were ever so close to doing it also. Both great games to watch, the semi final awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Check the replay
      @jenn82780: So proud of @lgabel9 and the @CUknights!! https://twitter.com/jenn82780/status...725249/video/1
      Thanks for that.

Shot with tremendous authority...gorgeous to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by slapshot willy View Post
        Lindsay, don't forget that the Mercyhurst girls took them to OT also, and Clarkson won after playing roughly 17 minutes of OT. Giguere scored and I do believe (could be wrong) that line was on the ice for the tying goal. Shut down that line, you may have a chance to win the game. Mercy almost did it, tOHS were ever so close to doing it also. Both great games to watch, the semi final awesome.
        I would never in a million years forget Mercyhurst! I mentioned those two teams bc they are 25 and 32 in the pairwise and Vermont found success and RPI almost did against Clarkson.

You are right though, agree with your statement. I think Pejzlova scored the other one vs Mercyhurst, so same line you are correct.

Credit to Clarkson for their success this far. Next thought: so HOW do you shut down that line?
        Last edited by Lindsay; 03-16-2018, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
          And IF nobody scored they'd still be playing. What a useless post!
          I guess you missed the point.

Comment

And the Clarkson Men are headed to OT (v Harvard)
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I would never in a million years forget Mercyhurst! I mentioned those two teams bc they are 25 and 32 in the pairwise and Vermont found success and RPI almost did against Clarkson.

You are right though, agree with your statement. I think Pejzlova scored the other one vs Mercyhurst, so same line you are correct.

Credit to Clarkson for their success this far. Next thought: so HOW do you shut down that line?
              I never thought you forgot MH, just throwing some additional info out there As for stopping that top line of Clarkson, teams such as tOHS and MH almost pulled it off. But if ANY team is going to shut down the top line of Clarkson, that same team has to also find a way to also put the puck into Clarkson's net.

Comment

• Originally posted by slapshot willy View Post
                I never thought you forgot MH, just throwing some additional info out there As for stopping that top line of Clarkson, teams such as tOHS and MH almost pulled it off. But if ANY team is going to shut down the top line of Clarkson, that same team has to also find a way to also put the puck into Clarkson's net.
                Haha, got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                  Haha, got it.
                  Great game. Great goaltending. Winner was a beautiful goal but looked offside. OSU need a finisher or two and they will be a force for years to come. Clarkson was not all that impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                    ......... Clarkson was not all that impressive.
                    But they find a way to win.
                    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

I don’t think it hit the post. It was glove side. Sauvé just couldn’t get there in time
                      Just checked out Joe's contribution and it may have hit the post but it was such a cannon of a shot it is impossible to see for sure...you can't stop the video in time...even the slow motion version closer to the end of the video.

She took no prisoners on that shot and if that is how she normally shoots ie: with authority, then it's no wonder she got 200-300 points this season.

Unbelievably impressive.

Would it violate any NCAA rules if the 'Dogs were to hire her early next season to put on some shooting clinics for them? To teach them how it's really done?

Comment

Heartbroken But Still Proud.

Good Luck to Clarkson in the Title Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          The D rushing the puck into the O zone costs OSU the game.
                          Yup, that was on Sadek, I believe.
                          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                            Heartbroken But Still Proud.
                            Absolutely tremendous game played by your team...you should be proud.

Comment

I can't say the better team won simply because they looked so evenly matched. If not for the called penalty Ohio State's disallowed goal may well have been the game winner.
                              That being said Clarkson got scoring opportunity they needed and capitalized. Congratulations!
                              If our coaching staff remains in place and this gives us a boost in recruiting we may well be back soon. See you all then!

Comment

Congratulations to the ladies on both sides for providing us with an entertaining game. Having only seen OSU twice this year, I honestly didn't think they could play that aggressive and stay in the game but they proved me wrong. A post here, a pass a little more on a stick there and either team could have won in regulation. I was particularly impressed with how strong OSU was on the puck. It's not often you see teams strong enough with the puck to work through the Clarkson defense and they did so regularly.

Congratulations to OSU on a great season. Although the selfish part of me likes to keep the sport small enough for the little schools to flourish, having a big school like OSU on the national stage is good for the sport. Your ladies and their coaching staff have definitely made their mark and the future is bright.
                                Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                                10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                                5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                                21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                                ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                                ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
                                12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
                                National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Working...
                                X