Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA Semifinal, Clarkson vs the Ohio State University.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    Need to dissent here. I definitely get where you guys are coming from. I remember the whole play vividly, and you do have the right "suspect." But I'm granting Dani clemency.

There was nothing wrong with trying to create an odd-man rush. Yes, the centering pass should not have been attempted. The back-checking Clarkson forward had completely shut down the passing lane.

But this was a case of outstanding back-checking winning the game. Somehow the Golden Knights' back-checking effort kept getting stronger as the OT went on, even as fatigue must have been setting in. The Clarkson OT game plan harnessed their talent perfectly.

If it's really necessary to establish fault for losing the game, I'm pointing to the 3rd Period. Building on Eeyore's point, we needed to score in regulation time during the stretches where we had the upper hand. There must have been a half dozen Buckeyes who could have scored with slightly better marksmanship or slightly more puck luck.

This was the narrowest loss one can imagine. And it was a team loss. No need for goat horns.
    Great post! I applaud you!

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
      Great post! I applaud you!
      Agree. It’s a team game and where was the player who should have been covering for Sadek? It happens.

Comment

• Re: NCAA Semifinal, Clarkson vs the Ohio State University.

Originally posted by vicb View Post
        Based on yesterdays Colgate - Wisconsin game I don't believe those referees have read the manual on body checking. Wow, I've seen some physical Clarkson women's games but nothing as physical as that Gate-Wisco game last night.
        Chris Leavitt is an AHL linesman but as far as the women's game goes, he's quite an experienced ref. I actually believe he did our games in the 2014 FF. Mackenzie Williams, I know nothing about, except that it's her 5th year as a college official and that she played field hockey at UVM.
        Clarkson Golden Knights Men
        10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
        5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
        21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
        ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
        ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
        12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
        National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
          Agree. It’s a team game and where was the player who should have been covering for Sadek? It happens.
          Tou·ché...........

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
            Heartbroken But Still Proud.
            Ditto for me. This is the first I have been on here since before the game. My heart still hurts for my "adopted daughters." They played a great game. The interference call against Maddy Field was complete crap. I am only going to say that once, not going to dwell on it. I am extremely proud of our program. They have totally raised the bar for Ohio State Women's Hockey, and you can bet this program will be back. The future is bright for tOSU Women's Hockey. Congratulations to Clarkson for the win over us and for winning the National Title earlier today.

Comment

Working...
            X