Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA Semifinal, Clarkson vs the Ohio State University.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Semifinal, Clarkson vs the Ohio State University.

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    They are good at offense, I will give them that. Unproven at goaltender is more the issue.
    They won't even need a goaltender in Hockey East. Then the NCAAs will start, other teams will shoot pucks at her, and the Eagles will have to hope that she got enough seasoning in practice.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      I believe they are televised on the Big Ten Network and streamed on BTN2Go.
      Thanks.

You're right. Just checked and they are on the Big Ten Network as they were last year as Vic alluded to...totally forgot but it is coming back to me now since after last year's Championship Game I went back and replayed it a couple of days later (to reconfirm my thinking behind my comments about Tiley after the Championship Game vs UW).

I made sure to get BTN a few months ago when I redid my confusing cable options because of some track and field events that I enjoy watching while totally forgetting about the Frozen Four being televised on BTN last year. So, good thing, that.

Thanks again guys.

Comment

Originally posted by OSUAlumnMN View Post
        An invite will be extended to the team and parents. We don't have anything confirmed yet, but it was planned around their schedule and where they are staying.

Right now we actually don't have anything specifically planned but I'm sure we can point you in the right direction to watch some of those (I'm bummed that I'm missing the men playing because I'll be at the Minnesota United game Saturday night).

Here's some more info about the event: https://www.osu.edu/alumni/activitie...ozen-four.html

I'll see ya there!
        Thank you for organizing this! See you tomorrow night!!

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
          Please tell me they still rent hotel rooms for nightly stays!
          Yes they do, and they are very reasonable, but you should definitely book one in advance.
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
            Yes they do, and they are very reasonable, but you should definitely book one in advance.
            The hotel I got for the men's FF is 1/3 of what I paid in Chicago. I don't go for high class; just well rated for cleanliness. I don't travel for the hotel ... would rather spend my money on things to do during the trip. It's just a bed for the night (and maybe some activities if she who must be obeyed is ok with it). Without taking it too far off topic, anything I should see in MSP when I'm there for the men's tourney?
            Clarkson Golden Knights Men
            10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
            5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
            21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
            ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
            ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
            7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
            National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
              I don't think OSU will fall back into a conservative game regardless of circumstances. That's just not been their style going into the home stretch. They will most likely come out energized and like Clarkson, try hard for the early lead.
              If they do that, I think that will be a mistake. Mercyhurst made quite a game of it being conservative and with OSU's defense, they could really make the game a challenge. I guess we shall see in 2 days. I'm really excited for this game.
              Clarkson Golden Knights Men
              10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
              5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
              21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
              ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
              ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
              7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
              National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                The hotel I got for the men's FF is 1/3 of what I paid in Chicago. I don't go for high class; just well rated for cleanliness. I don't travel for the hotel ... would rather spend my money on things to do during the trip. It's just a bed for the night (and maybe some activities if she who must be obeyed is ok with it). Without taking it too far off topic, anything I should see in MSP when I'm there for the men's tourney?
                Springtime

Comment

anything I should see in MSP when I'm there for the men's tourney?
                  Take in Lola's Pizza (Pizzeria Lola), Victor's 1959 Cafe, and The Anchor Fish & Chips.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                    Take in Lola's Pizza (Pizzeria Lola), Victor's 1959 Cafe, and The Anchor Fish & Chips.
                    Oooh-Pizzeria Lola! Yes, the hockey might be disappointing but not the pizza!

Get the MY SHA-RONI!

Comment

If they do that, I think that will be a mistake. Mercyhurst made quite a game of it being conservative ...
                      That's not how the Buckeyes play this year. Last year, they did play conservatively, particularly when they held a lead against a higher-ranked team. But this year, they are going to come hard and try to force mistakes. Does anyone have any observations as to whether they played aggressively versus Wisco' the weekend the swept them?
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Without taking it too far off topic, anything I should see in MSP when I'm there for the men's tourney?
                        The Twin Cities really has one of the most underrated Brewery scenes in the country. I plan to spend most of this Saturday in Northeast Minneapolis going from brewery to brewery. That's not the only neighborhood with really good beer, but it is the area where the breweries are most concentrated (The area just west of the U, near University, anchored by Surly also has a pretty good number of breweries).

Comment

Isn't the NCHC holding their finals at the X on Saturday?
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Isn't the NCHC holding their finals at the X on Saturday?
                            https://www.xcelenergycenter.com/eve...frozen-faceoff
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                              The Twin Cities really has one of the most underrated Brewery scenes in the country. I plan to spend most of this Saturday in Northeast Minneapolis going from brewery to brewery. That's not the only neighborhood with really good beer, but it is the area where the breweries are most concentrated (The area just west of the U, near University, anchored by Surly also has a pretty good number of breweries).
                              It's pretty darn good. If I were doing a NE brewery crawl.. this is what I would do: Dangerous Man -> Indeed - > Fair State - > SociableCider - > Bauhaus (I'd skip 612, Able, and 56)

Another great idea would be to get a day pass on the light rail and do a crawl down that. Starting in StP
                              Tin Whiskers -> Lake Monster -> Dual Citizen -> Urban Growler -> Surly -> Day Block

Comment

Originally posted by OSUAlumnMN View Post
                                It's pretty darn good. If I were doing a NE brewery crawl.. this is what I would do: Dangerous Man -> Indeed - > Fair State - > SociableCider - > Bauhaus (I'd skip 612, Able, and 56)

Another great idea would be to get a day pass on the light rail and do a crawl down that. Starting in StP
                                Tin Whiskers -> Lake Monster -> Dual Citizen -> Urban Growler -> Surly -> Day Block
                                I'd add, get to Dangerous Man early as it gets impossible to reach the bar when the crowd shows up. Also Insight has one of my favorites, a coffee infused golden ale, nitro charged and a very decent IPA. We did the NE crawl with the boys for my birthday last year.

I love the light rail crawl, that might happen this summer!

Comment

Working...
                                X