Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Open Wheel Racing 2018- with less winglets.

Reuss is not the normal pace car driver. I don't know if he was just in it for the morning or what but I think he completed one turn and spun in the next one?
    the regular guy was driving that car very fast all over the circuit and I believe is an IMSA guy.
    I was very impressed with Dixon. He really made it happen.
    Also if you were following dave w's accident. The guy behind him was trying to get a jump on the start, wasn't watching the pack as much as the starter who was about to go green. So he's on it at the same time the pole sitter had eased off and was slowing slightly, along with everyone else.
    Anyway Dave got hit from behind and that shoved the car sideways and into the wall.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      Reuss is not the normal pace car driver.
      Isn't he just some moron in a suit?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Isn't he just some moron in a suit?
        VP of supply chain with an emphasis on performance at GM, and a certified race driver. Responsible for a lot of GM's recent strides in performance on their sports cars. He knows his stuff.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Probably should have made a mention about Marco's pole on Saturday. The dude takes a lot of crap but absolutely crushed out a perfect lap. The Indycar Radio guys were going nuts after he obliterated the previous top time.

And on the flip side, Kimball continues to do Kimball things and really had trouble owning up to it. His twitter folk had no problem reminding everyone when someone hit him from behind a few months back. Clownshoes.
          Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 06-04-2018, 03:30 PM.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            Probably should have made a mention about Marco's pole on Saturday. The dude takes a lot of crap but absolutely crushed out a perfect lap. The Indycar Radio guys were going nuts after he obliterated the previous top time.

And on the flip side, Kimball continues to do Kimball things and really had trouble owning up to it. His twitter folk had no problem reminding everyone when someone hit him from behind a few months back. Clownshoes.
            Wasn't Kimball penalized for that act also? I thought I heard that.

Comment

Wasn't Kimball penalized for that act also? I thought I heard that.
              Yup. Avoidable contact. For all the crap that Marco gets as being the worst full-time driver, you could make a case for Charlie. I don't think Marco wrecks nearly enough. Trouble just seems to find Kimball everywhere.

Car Reason Lap Penalty
              5 Improper Pit Exit 8 Drive-Through
              12 Pit Safety Infraction 55 Post Race Fine
              23 Avoidable Contact 61 Stop and Go
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                Yup. Avoidable contact. For all the crap that Marco gets as being the worst full-time driver, you could make a case for Charlie. I don't think Marco wrecks nearly enough. Trouble just seems to find Kimball everywhere.

Car Reason Lap Penalty
                5 Improper Pit Exit 8 Drive-Through
                12 Pit Safety Infraction 55 Post Race Fine
                23 Avoidable Contact 61 Stop and Go
                Maybe if they made the offender pay for the damage to the other cars that he caused we'd have less of this crap.

Comment

https://racer.com/2018/06/07/feisty-...ange-approach/

I bet Verstappen is in indycar in 2 years with SPM and Wickens is with Penske.
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

The Iceman with a victory on 2 straight weekends. Lots of top 5s and top 10s in between now has him atop of the leaderboard.

Rossi 23 points down. Threw 22 points out the window last Sunday I think I read. I wonder if he's going to want those points back in a few months.

Comment

Pretty much of a parade. Max did ok and kept his race clean. There was some racing lower down the board but none at the top. I'm surprised Kiki was so slow.

Comment

Pretty much of a parade. Max did ok and kept his race clean. There was some racing lower down the board but none at the top. I'm surprised Kiki was so slow.
                        I think you mean Kimi...

I thought I read he was stuck with an older engine. Otherwise, yeah, he was really slow compared to Vettel.

I was surprised Montreal produced such a non-eventful race. Usually it's the opposite there.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

here's a lap of Paul Ricard by Lewis Hamilton. Fairly interesting commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-v9OKpm2t0

Comment

In some big, but not all that surprising news- Red Bull changes to Honda power next season https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...da-engine-deal

Interesting move.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              In some big, but not all that surprising news- Red Bull changes to Honda power next season https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...da-engine-deal

Interesting move.
                              I think this will prove to be a great move. Honda is committed to winning but they were cut short two years of development at McLaren when the team refused to modify their chassis to accommodate the engine. Now with a full year with Toro Roso to develop I think they’ll be very strong next year with RB.
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Meltdown in F2 French Grand Prix.

https://www.bardown.com/f2-driver-s-...down-1.1121877
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X