Hockey East Semi's and Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uncle_cliff View Post
    Add to this that PC has always been a BB school first and foremost in terms of attendance at games. During the semi games with Maine the students were on break and PC was playing in the Big East BB semi and final game in NYC.
    And PC hoops is playing on Friday (time unannounced) but still will hurt attendance with the PC folks
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Re: Hockey East Semi's and Finals

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      And PC hoops is playing on Friday (time unannounced) but still will hurt attendance with the PC folks
      12:15 pm on Friday on CBS. This shouldn't hurt attendance especially since PC has the 8 pm game that night in the Garden vs. NU. However I suppose it wouldn't make a difference one way or the other to the hockey faithful, like myself. I will be at the Garden and it should be a great game.

Comment

The big question is...will the gelato stand be open? It wasn’t open for the Beanpot.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          The big question is...will the gelato stand be open? It wasn’t open for the Beanpot.
          Very big question. Could be a deal breaker.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            I can’t imagine there will be many PC fans there regardless of when the game starts.
            Oh c'mon, all 32 of us will be there. Even Jon.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
              Interesting to note that while all the top seed swept their series, 7 out of the 8 games were one goal victories.
              i noticed that as well

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                FiveHole12, they'll still have popcorn so the floor around you will he happy!

Comment

Gameday! Pretty crazy that the entire all HEA first-team will be on display in the late game.
                  2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                  2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

A BC-BU game is the opening act. Has this ever happened in Beanpot or Hockey East?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      A BC-BU game is the opening act. Has this ever happened in Beanpot or Hockey East?
                      Not in my memory.

I’d still love to know the real story behind how who plays in which game is chosen. People theorize that NESN picks what would be the better tv draw, but this seems to fly in the face of that. It’s also been said that the 1st seed gets the early game for more rest before the finals, but we have at least a few examples of that not being the case in the past decade

Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        Not in my memory.

I’d still love to know the real story behind how who plays in which game is chosen. People theorize that NESN picks what would be the better tv draw, but this seems to fly in the face of that. It’s also been said that the 1st seed gets the early game for more rest before the finals, but we have at least a few examples of that not being the case in the past decade

Who knows.
                        I always assumed that the top seed gets to make that choice and Jerry is smart enough to want his team to be well rested. But I'm not sure any more. NU and PC have the two best teams per the rankings, but BC/BU is... BC/BU. There's no way that's not a marquee matchup.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

marquee match up or not.. early gm is for the added rest. jerry is a smart guy & bc with the higher h.e seed # got to pick i am thinking.
                          get the kids back & lights out at decent time.. good nights sleep & ready to go hopefully for finals.

it helps & its a gamble any decent coach (given the opportunity).. would take.
                          GO NU HOCKEY
                          Always bullish on the future.
                          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            The 1990 Beanpot for one.

Sean
                            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                            BU Hockey highlights and extras
                            NCAA Hockey Financials
                            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              Sigh.....it’s not open. They moved it from where it outside of section 4/5 to outside section 10. One of the usher guys told me there was ice cream at the opposite end of the rink by the escalators. Sadly, this was not true. Unless he meant upstairs? Plenty of time till puck drop. Maybe I’ll make the trek up there.

Comment

Are these games on watch ESPN? I thought I read yhat somewhere

Comment

Working...
                                X