• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hockey East Semi's and Finals

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    Box score says 10,169.
    box score reads.....

box score doesn't talk
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      They should move it to Manch.
      lol there wouldve been about 2,000 people there if it was in Manchester. If it's going to be moved anywhere it should be moved on campus.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

The crowd will be smaller there. People are going to have to get used to the fact that the "old days" are gone and these buildings are not going to be packed anymore.
        Wonder why the old days have gone away...wonder if it due to the fact there is less regional players at the local schools.
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          Wonder why the old days have gone away...wonder if it due to the fact there is less regional players at the local schools.
          Cost of attendance has a lot to do with it. Not just ticket prices, but the cost of parking, the cost of concessions, the fact that arenas don't have water fountains - it's a crappy fan experience and an expensive one. The cost of a hot dog and soda is basically the same as the cost of your ticket. Not to mention if you'd like to hydrate yourself at any point during the two 3-hour games you're watching in the semifinals, it's $4.50 for a bottle of water, $5.50 for a tiny drink. Beer is $11.25 at the minimum, a burger is $15. You can offer cheap $20 tickets all you want but when everything else costs insane amounts of money, people are going to stay home.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            Cost of attendance has a lot to do with it. Not just ticket prices, but the cost of parking, the cost of concessions, the fact that arenas don't have water fountains - it's a crappy fan experience and an expensive one. The cost of a hot dog and soda is basically the same as the cost of your ticket. Not to mention if you'd like to hydrate yourself at any point during the two 3-hour games you're watching in the semifinals, it's $4.50 for a bottle of water, $5.50 for a tiny drink. Beer is $11.25 at the minimum, a burger is $15. You can offer cheap $20 tickets all you want but when everything else costs insane amounts of money, people are going to stay home.
            To max out the profits, you cannot bring in any foods. The Jacobs milked this baby to the hilt. Fees on top of fees when you buy tickets online or in person.
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

The crowd will be smaller there. People are going to have to get used to the fact that the "old days" are gone and these buildings are not going to be packed anymore.
              Do you think if they lower the prices for tickets, parking and food, they could make the same profits or more ? After all, professional teams draw more than collegiate sports.
              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                box score reads.....

box score doesn't talk
                Thank you Dr. Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                  No Maine, No UNH

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    No Maine, No UNH

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    UML brings a lot of fans too.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I looked on Ticketmaster awhile ago and for the two cheapest tickets it was $75 all in. I’ll pay that much if Maine’s in it but no way to see other teams. It’s much more of a hassle and expense getting to the games as well. I used to park at Wellington and take the T and it would cost like $5. That same deal now costs like $12.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Agree with all of this. Not to mention that the fan experience is better in almost any of the hockey east arenas as compared to the Td garden

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                          UML brings a lot of fans too.
                          Are you kidding? You weren't around for the old days. Maine and UNH would bring OVER 4,000 each and sometimes more.

Comment

Agreed. And that's probably a good argument for moving it out of the Garden. I am sure that there are contractual obligations to unions and such that force the cost up. Although there are similar scenarios at other arenas, I don't believe they are to the same extent. Parking alone at other venues would save people money. $48??? Unbelievable. I actually parked in the garage across the street. I'm not sure what happened - the sign said $40 for 'Garden Events' but when we left we had to pay at the gate (the machines were shut down) and when I handed the attendant my card it came up on the screen as $12. I'm not sure why...but I'll take it!

I won't repeat the ad nauseum discussions that have been carried on for a few years now on multiple threads concerning attendance, but it's really time to move this event out of the Garden.

Comment

Are you kidding? You weren't around for the old days. Maine and UNH would bring OVER 4,000 each and sometimes more.
                              I’m old and cranky. I remember.
                              I think we’ve already established that the attendance was much better in the Big Four era. But UML has phenomenal support in HE and them not making it Boston seems to hurt attendance.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                              -Blackadder
                              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                              -Casablanca
                              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Park in the garage at MGH and walk through the expensive garage. Then after just cry at the counter and tell them grandma is dying and you lost your ticket. Total cost $0
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X