Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hockey East Semi's and Finals

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Park in the garage at MGH and walk through the expensive garage. Then after just cry at the counter and tell them grandma is dying and you lost your ticket. Total cost $0
    Excellent!

Another option which I do every year is since I come from the north, park at Sullivan Square T station ($5) and then a quick, cheap two stop subway ride in on T.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Park in the garage at MGH and walk through the expensive garage. Then after just cry at the counter and tell them grandma is dying and you lost your ticket. Total cost $0
      And then the next night tell them that grandpa is dying and hope it's a different attendant?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        I’m old and cranky. I remember.
        I think we’ve already established that the attendance was much better in the Big Four era. But UML has phenomenal support in HE and them not making it Boston seems to hurt attendance.
        Agreed Jon. Lowell routinely packs a few loge sections, spilling over into adjoining ones and not counting the other isolated pockets of Lowell fans. Their balcony sections are jammed too, overflowing into others as well. Easily 5,000+ and the observations on how many Lowell fans are routinely there each of the last five seasons have been confirmed by others, especially last year when the same attendance comments arose but all pointed to Lowell as the exception. I thought Lowell not being there would have an attendance impact and that was obvious from a photo I saw on Twitter from up high well into the first period.

Plus you have to take into account St. Patrick's Day and like it or not, that does have an impact too.

Conference deserves to play in the Garden that week on the big stage. You can always find inexpensive options to park as well as do plenty of pregaming outside the venue before going in to lessen concession damage. And I've found the concession prices on some food items not bad considering what the product is (Note I said some, not all, and not including beer which I would never buy in there given the mark up, thus the heavy pregaming elsewhere before).
        Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
          Excellent!

Another option which I do every year is since I come from the north, park at Sullivan Square T station ($5) and then a quick, cheap two stop subway ride in on T.
          But when do the trains stop running? There have been years where you would have been stuck there (or would have had to leave early, so what would have been the point?) And for those of us coming from the West, if we park at Alewife, we have to get to Park Street (to get the Red line) first, which means we would leave earlier than Orange Line folks, because the last train leaves Park Street at 12:30. (or did)
          Last edited by chickod; 03-18-2018, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
            I won't repeat the ad nauseum discussions that have been carried on for a few years now on multiple threads concerning attendance, but it's really time to move this event out of the Garden.
            Couldn't disagree more. Conference deserves to play in the Garden that week on the big stage. You can always find inexpensive options to park as well as do plenty of pregaming outside the venue before going in to lessen concession damage. And I've found the concession prices on some food items not bad considering what the product is (Note I said some, not all, and not including beer which I would never buy in there given the mark up, thus the heavy pregaming elsewhere before). Options exist to make it less expensive on non-ticket options as the ticket prices are going to be what they are.. And it's only once a year if your team is fortunate enough to make it so you go with the flow.
            Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
              But when do the trains stop running? There have been years where you would have been stuck there (or would have had to leave early, so what would have been the point?) And for those of us coming from the West, if we park at Alewife, we have to get to Park Street (to get the Red line) first, which means we would leave earlier than Orange Line folks, because the last train leaves Park Street at 12:30. (or did)
              In the vicinity of 12:30 or so I believe. So unless you have the oddity of the epic Lowell/PC 3OT game in the first game on Friday that pushes the second game way off, transportation shouldn't be affected.
              Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Even with dwindling attendance, they're staying at the Garden if they can stay at the 10,000 range.

Comment

You really should look into a ticket in the Sports Deck. $75 each night, but free appetizers (quality apps too) and soft drinks. Alcohol is extra. You get great seats, great food, a TV with the in-house feed and a couple of cable channels. Plus access to the sports museum which is a sight to see.

Added bonus is since you are dealing directly with a ticket agent in premium seats at TD Garden there are no fees. They'll even mail the tickets to your house at no charge.

Comment

You can park for 9 dollars at Post Office Square and walk the 15 mins and buy tickets at the box office to avoid fees it's still feasible. Pretty easy to bring in your own booze if you really want to be a cheapskate.

I remember in 97 being able to sit along the glass during the UNH - BU game and the loge being about 80 percent full and the balcony about 30 percent full. Even at the Old Boston Garden the Friday night games never sold out.

The tickets themselves are reasonably priced its the fees that kill me
                    Tully Rink Rat
                    Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
                    Youngstar
                    UML Class of 09

Comment

• Re: Hockey East Semi's and Finals

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      No Maine, No UNH

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      Saw a bunch of Maine fans in Maine jersey's at Friday night's game...so we were at least trying to represent!
                      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

I went Saturday. $40 something a ticket for two seats 8 rows up.

Compare that to the Bruins- the game the Saturday before was $200/each for a ticket in the very last row.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
                          I went Saturday. $40 something a ticket for two seats 8 rows up.

Compare that to the Bruins- the game the Saturday before was $200/each for a ticket in the very last row.
                          Compare that to professional hockey instead of some guys who will never go higher than the northern Irish, German, or east coast hockey leagues
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Compare that to professional hockey instead of some guys who will never go higher than the northern Irish, German, or east coast hockey leagues
                            Can we make the same comparison when the NCAA charges $75 this weekend vs $10 for an AHL game?

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              Can we make the same comparison when the NCAA charges $75 this weekend vs $10 for an AHL game?
                              YES!!

charging obscene prices and then trying to make it sound reasonable vs top level professionals is ... well mookie has two words for it, In Sane
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X