Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 2018 Frozen 4

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    Are you looking looking past OSU? .......

This is a fan forum.
    Most certainly not. Clarkson is gonna have to play better than they did against Mercyhurst to beat TOSU based on what I observed on the TOSU-BC game. Speaking of that game I have not seen a post from Grant in a long time. Another disappointing end to BC season must have him really bummed.

This is the first women's Frozen 4 that I can remember since following the sport in 2002 where each of the teams has a very good shot at taking the title.

Yes this is a fan forum and sometimes those fans will be fans and the hockey gods have had enough and put them and their team on the wrong end of the score.
    Last edited by vicb; 03-12-2018, 04:20 PM.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
      Most certainly not. Clarkson is gonna have to play better than they did against Mercyhurst to beat TOSU based on what I observed on the TOSU-BC game. Speaking of that game I have not seen a post from Grant in a long time. Another disappointing end to BC season must have him really bummed.

This is the first women's Frozen 4 that I can remember since following the sport in 2002 where each of the teams has a very good shot at taking the title.

Yes this is a fan forum and sometimes those fans will be fans and the hockey gods have had enough and put them and their team on the wrong end of the score.
      Yes sometimes the hockey Gods show you the 'Gate!

Comment

We may not have thought so at the time, but in hindsight the 2016 Frozen Four was very balanced; Clarkson was just undervalued, as always seems to be the case.

The 2015 FF was one where heading into it, people thought that any of the teams could win it all. Harvard was very hot heading into the tourney, and on the Thursday before the semis, the Crimson practice was the most impressive.

I think there were other years, like 2008 or 2010, where things wouldn't have had to play out much differently to change both semifinals.
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
          For whatever reason you reminded me of the expression, "The harder I work, the luckier I get."
          That's different but no less true.

You're just bending the odds in your favour by being in more of the right places at more of the right times. But to the outsider it just looks like dumb luck but you are actually creating your own favourable conditions for increased success.

Men of action are favoured by the goddess of good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
            I think there were other years, like 2008 or 2010, where things wouldn't have had to play out much differently to change both semifinals.
            Maybe with just a little more rest for Noora coming back from the Oylmpics or just wishful thinking on my part?
            Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-12-2018, 08:54 PM. Reason: OTOH UMD's Finns were pretty good, too.
            "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
              Yeah, the '08 humdinger between UNH and UMD is right. The 'Dogs performed a miracle in that semi while pretty much being suffocated by UNH's seriously talented roster. One of the best games I have ever seen. Heavy entertainment value.

Remember the kerfuffle caused by UNH's coach's comment afterwards uttered from his state of shock and disbelief??

But, (and I've mentioned this before here several years ago) the final between UW and UMD was very strange and extremely disappointing. The first period was competitive but something happened in the UW dressing room after the first period. They came out in the second period a completely different team...looked like they just wanted to go home and wanted nothing to do with UMD or with the rest of that Championship Game. It was tangible. The last two periods were pretty much no contest...relative to the first period. Could never understand that.

Comment

Originally posted by rochnycsc View Post
                Repeat of the ECAC final, in the national championship game. UW is so desperate to get revenge on Clarkson I think they might be looking past Colgate. Clarkson's experience in Tiley & Harmon and explosive top line will win it for Tech.
                UW is a much different team than last year, 10 new players on the roster and they are not as potent as last year's team. I doubt they are looking past anyone seeing they are a weaker team on the road than at home both in scoring and scoring d, and revenge isn't a big factor to 10 players nor to the coaches.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  I doubt they are looking past anyone seeing they are a weaker team on the road than at home both in scoring and scoring d, and revenge isn't a big factor to 10 players nor to the coaches.
                  I was going to ask how they are on neutral ice, but given they lost to Northeastern, their record can't be great...
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Now who will end up victorious on Sunday at Ridder?
                    Muzzy, Milica, and OSU! No more Clarkson Green, and definitely no Badgers, especially not at Ridder. I'll be there for OSU, hard for a guy who grew up in Michigan, but somebody's got to do it!

Comment

Interesting that people are acting like this will be a road game for Wisconsin or that playing at Ridder will be a disadvantage for them. This seems like as close to a home Frozen Four as the Badgers are likely to ever get.

Ridder is a place where this Badger team has done remarkably well and seems to be very comfortable. Other than the Gophers, there's no team that's got nearly the experience or success playing in there - They've played twice as many games as even the Buckeyes over the past 3 season, and prior to losing to the Gophers in this years WCHA Final, they were undefeated in their previous 9 games in the building, winning 2 WCHA Tournament titles in the process.

This is also the first time the Badgers will have played in a Frozen Four in Minneapolis where the Gophers won't also be there, so I have to imagine the crowd will very much be on their side with a pretty large crowd coming up from Madison.

Although I am curious what the crowds will actually look like - I see most of the seats are sold, it looks like there are only scattered singles left - but with Minnesota out of it, how many people will sell or simply not use their tickets. The last time Ridder hosted without the Gophers, it was a very small crowd even with UMD in the final, but with the previous 2 sellouts, obviously a lot of people bought tickets early, before the field was known.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                        Obviously by my USCHO name you see where my sentiments lay going with Ohio State obviously. As far as how they will stack up I can't honestly say except that we had our star goalie back in net against BC so as long as she's getting healthier that's a plus for us. Also we played like we were on a mission and we are. We're the team who as they say are the Cinderella team playing not only in their first Frozen 4 but their first NCAA tournament ever! We made some HUGE hires in our coaching staff right at the beginning of the season and even on such short time to prepare it has paid off big! Not only their ability to coach but in the all important mental game in how they motivate these girls to believe in themselves.
                        I make no predictions but I think if Ohio State plays their full "A" game they have a legitimate chance.
                        Totally agree with your last statement! The way our Bucks played Saturday, they will be a tough out in the Frozen Four regardless of who they play. If one of these other teams thinks they can just step on the ice and beat us, be my guest. Overlook us at your own peril. Some called Saturday's game an upset. There was nothing upset about it, the better team won. I give BC credit for making the big push in the third period, but Ohio State owned them in the first two periods. Their goalie made some great saves to keep the game from getting out of hand. Kassidy Sauve made some big saves for us, obviously, and it was great seeing her in there. That was a statement win, shutting out a team with their firepower. That was the only time BC had been shut out all season.

Comment

Now that more than the usual number of precincts have reported and the pronounced lead remains unchanged, let’s turn momentarily to a related issue, though it is not poll-worthy.

Who does the play-by-play for the FF games, on whom we streamers are so dependent? Will the NC$$ bus in HE and CHA talent? Actually, true homers are often the best, since anyone who knows their own team really well usually makes it a point to know the players on both sides of the puck and to stay focused on the action. That was true from what I saw in the quarters last weekend. This should be a given, but some of us can take nothing for granted on that score, especially with non-conference foes. (And dare I ask who will do “color”? One guy last weekend said lack of momentum can be a good thing for a team if it leads you to score a goal (!) because that, in turn, can bring confidence . . . GO LACK OF THE BIG MO!) So, are we likely to get knowledgeable voices or NCAA stand-ins? I don’t remember recent history.

Comment

This year all of the games are live on BTN - so only streaming is BTN2Go.

Last year they only had the final, but I seem to remember it was Dan Kelly on the mic - their normal Hockey PbP guy - and I'd guess he'll do it again this year. I don't recall who they had doing color.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                              Interesting that people are acting like this will be a road game for Wisconsin or that playing at Ridder will be a disadvantage for them. This seems like as close to a home Frozen Four as the Badgers are likely to ever get.

Ridder is a place where this Badger team has done remarkably well and seems to be very comfortable. Other than the Gophers, there's no team that's got nearly the experience or success playing in there - They've played twice as many games as even the Buckeyes over the past 3 season, and prior to losing to the Gophers in this years WCHA Final, they were undefeated in their previous 9 games in the building, winning 2 WCHA Tournament titles in the process.

This is also the first time the Badgers will have played in a Frozen Four in Minneapolis where the Gophers won't also be there, so I have to imagine the crowd will very much be on their side with a pretty large crowd coming up from Madison.

Lots of Badger fans right in the Twin Cities also, including me

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                                This year all of the games are live on BTN - so only streaming is BTN2Go.

Last year they only had the final, but I seem to remember it was Dan Kelly on the mic - their normal Hockey PbP guy - and I'd guess he'll do it again this year. I don't recall who they had doing color.
                                One of Providence's finest players Sonny Watrous did the color.
                                Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-13-2018, 04:26 PM. Reason: Love Albuquerque, NM
                                "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Working...
                                X