Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 2018 Frozen 4

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
    One of Providence's finest players Sonny Watrous did the color.
    Sonny has also been the person that the host of the NCAA Selection Show goes to for reactions to the bracket the last two years.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Re: The 2018 Frozen 4

With Grant (understandably) MIA, I went ahead and did the 'chances of winning' percentages.

If you want to think that each game is a coin-flip, and each team is a 25% chance to win, you aren't far off, and you can stop reading here.

But based on the current KRACH ratios, Clarkson has a 38.1% chance of winning the championship, Wisconsin 31.0%, Colgate 23.4% and Ohio State 7.4%.

Again, this is based on the KRACH ratios, and Ohio State has a significantly lower KRACH rating than the other three. So even though Wisconsin and Clarkson are basically a tie in KRACH, Ohio's lower KRACH makes Clarkson's appearance in the championship game more likely than Wisconsin getting there. That is what accounts for Clarkson being 7% 'more likely' to win.

And as I said, if you want to discount Ohio State's KRACH numbers, because they're a better team now than the one that lost ten times this year, etc., that's a reasonable position to take.

But I figured that somebody should do the percents, just for the record.

Comment

Working...
      X