Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
    I believe this I think this is key.

The Knights will be sound. The Knights will be ready to take advantage of opportunities.
    The Buckeyes will be very aggressive.

Can the aggressiveness of The Ohio State University be effective enough to disturb the soundness of Clarkson?

Maybe. There is a good chance. But probably not.

That's my take...lol
    That may have been what BC thought! I had picked Colgate to win it all but the Buckeyes were very impressive against BC and I am taking a flyer on them to win it all.

Comment

Re: The 2018 Frozen 4

Not sure if you saw it Still Eeyore, but in an earlier post (thread?) I noted Wisconsin’s possession ability as well! Maybe it’s just that I have Olympic hockey hangover, but as in soccer, I wish possession time was a stat kept in hockey.....IMHO, it’s the stat in a game! For us, UNH wasted 90% of the offense because the forwards had to change lines because they were exhausted from chasing the puck......
      Interesting how we all see strengths in the 4 remaining teams......the games will be excellent, 🥅🏒🤙🤙🤙

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
        Not sure if you saw it Still Eeyore, but in an earlier post (thread?) I noted Wisconsin’s possession ability as well! Maybe it’s just that I have Olympic hockey hangover, but as in soccer, I wish possession time was a stat kept in hockey.....IMHO, it’s the stat in a game! For us, UNH wasted 90% of the offense because the forwards had to change lines because they were exhausted from chasing the puck......
        Interesting how we all see strengths in the 4 remaining teams......the games will be excellent, 🥅🏒🤙🤙🤙
        Puck possession is the key. When your team has the puck they increase their scoring chances while simultaneously limiting the opponent's scoring chances. Pretty simple.

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
          Interesting how we all see strengths in the 4 remaining teams......the games will be excellent, ����������
          Possession time is a much more complicated concept in hockey than it is in soccer, because possession changes so rapidly and because there are extended stretches in which puck possession is contested. Hockey analytics gave up on trying to measure it directly and found that the number of shots taken (which is not just shots on goal, but also those that miss the net and those that are blocked) is an effective proxy for possession (which it is not in soccer, given that far more of ball possession takes place far from the goal). So this is what is used in stats like Corsi.

Comment

Obviously by my USCHO name you see where my sentiments lay going with Ohio State obviously. As far as how they will stack up I can't honestly say except that we had our star goalie back in net against BC so as long as she's getting healthier that's a plus for us. Also we played like we were on a mission and we are. We're the team who as they say are the Cinderella team playing not only in their first Frozen 4 but their first NCAA tournament ever! We made some HUGE hires in our coaching staff right at the beginning of the season and even on such short time to prepare it has paid off big! Not only their ability to coach but in the all important mental game in how they motivate these girls to believe in themselves.
            I make no predictions but I think if Ohio State plays their full "A" game they have a legitimate chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
              Possession time is a much more complicated concept in hockey than it is in soccer, because possession changes so rapidly and because there are extended stretches in which puck possession is contested. Hockey analytics gave up on trying to measure it directly and found that the number of shots taken (which is not just shots on goal, but also those that miss the net and those that are blocked) is an effective proxy for possession (which it is not in soccer, given that far more of ball possession takes place far from the goal). So this is what is used in stats like Corsi.
              Which is why battle drills, small space drills/competitions, odd number drills/competitions, keep away type drills, and any drills that create competition for puck possession are so important in hockey. Coaches that fail to realize and do those types of drills in practice everyday are missing the boat. All your standard individual skills are embedded within all those drills. You get good at those drills and you become a better hockey player and the bonus is your Hockey IQ improves at the same time and you don't even realize it.
              Last edited by shelfit; 03-11-2018, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                Which is why battle drills, small space drills/competitions, odd number drills/competitions, keep away type drills, and any drills that create competition for puck possession are so important in hockey. Coaches that fail to realize and do those types of drills in practice everyday are missing the boat. All your standard individual skills are embedded within all those drills. You get good at those drills and you become a better hockey player and the bonus is your Hockey IQ improves at the same time and you don't even realize it.
                A life lesson that is not so easy to see or to conceptualize prior to its implementation and experiencing its results first hand and which applies to virtually everything in life including what you just pointed out, is this:

When you constantly strive to do simple things perfectly you automatically strengthen your ability to do difficult things easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                  I'll reiterate my opinion that Wisconsin doesn't have an especially good offense.
                  This is accurate, and they score about 1 less on the road than at home, so it's a double whammy. Of course last year they had 2 Olympians F's and 1 almost Olympian F and scored 1 goal the weekend. Let's play the games and see what happens.

It was interesting that one of UW's pp plans against MN was get it down low next to the net, throw it on goal and just keep hacking at rebounds. Maybe they saw something on film, who knows.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Wisconsin had the most complete team last year and didn't get the job done. They are the most talented team again this year on paper. I think they do pretty well at Ridder and win it all this year.
                    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                      Wisconsin had the most complete team last year and didn't get the job done. They are the most talented team again this year on paper. I think they do pretty well at Ridder and win it all this year.
                      I think Clarkson has more talent @ F, but WI plays as a team better. I have to do some more learning about Colgate, but they are slightly better on special teams, better on scoring offense, UW is better on scoring D. Add in complete unfamiliarity as well. Last year Clarkson and UW played twice during the regular season (and the season before), so each team had an idea of how to deal with each other based on game play and not film. It's a fascinating scenario (for both games).

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        This is accurate, and they score about 1 less on the road than at home, so it's a double whammy. Of course last year they had 2 Olympians F's and 1 almost Olympian F and scored 1 goal the weekend. Let's play the games and see what happens.

It was interesting that one of UW's pp plans against MN was get it down low next to the net, throw it on goal and just keep hacking at rebounds. Maybe they saw something on film, who knows.
                        In both of SP’a games the weekend before last, I noticed that she struggled at securing the puck when it was in close and down low. Good catch by the Wisco staff as I did notice the pressure they were exerting on her during those types of plays and it paid off.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                          In both of SP’a games the weekend before last, I noticed that she struggled at securing the puck when it was in close and down low. Good catch by the Wisco staff as I did notice the pressure they were exerting on her during those types of plays and it paid off.
                          Great catch by you noticing that. What UW was doing was definitely intentional with the tight plays on the pp. I know I often times do not take into account all the nuances and subtleties of coaching at the D1 level of women's hockey, I doubt they leave any stone unturned.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                            A life lesson that is not so easy to see or to conceptualize prior to its implementation and experiencing its results first hand and which applies to virtually everything in life including what you just pointed out, is this:

When you constantly strive to do simple things perfectly you automatically strengthen your ability to do difficult things easily.
                            For whatever reason you reminded me of the expression, "The harder I work, the luckier I get."

Comment

Repeat of the ECAC final, in the national championship game. UW is so desperate to get revenge on Clarkson I think they might be looking past Colgate. Clarkson's experience in Tiley & Harmon and explosive top line will win it for Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by rochnycsc View Post
                                Repeat of the ECAC final, in the national championship game. UW is so desperate to get revenge on Clarkson I think they might be looking past Colgate. Clarkson's experience in Tiley & Harmon and explosive top line will win it for Tech.
                                Are you looking past OSU? As for Wisco, I would guess that they are not looking past any team. Don’t let comments on this forum influence you in any way. MJ is certainly not posting on this site so don’t assume anything about how the team is approaching or estimating opponents. This is a fan forum.
                                Last edited by Puckdrop14; 03-12-2018, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X