The 2018 Frozen 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2018 Frozen 4

Now who will end up victorious on Sunday at Ridder?
    Wisconsin
    45.24%
    The Ohio State
    19.05%
    Clarkson
    23.81%
    Colgate
    11.90%

The poll is expired.

Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Re: The 2018 Frozen 4

I think this year the Badgers get revenge for last years embarrassment. I'd love to see OSU against them in that game but Clarkson has shown themselves to be capable of dominating despite having to battle against MU yesterday.

Comment

Thirty-eight saves against BC? I'm going with Cinderella.

Comment

Poll results from NCAA Championship Thread

Clarkson 17
        bc6696, bluffrinkrat, D2D, DC78-82, FireKnight, hockeydad23, MAHOCKEY FAN, mattj711, Panda, Russell Jaslow, Scott_TG, Still Eeyore, Timothy A, TonyTheTiger20, vicb, WH Fan, zoofer
        Wisconsin 8
        agfire, Ciscokid, dd17, First Time, Long Time, Leather helmet, ndodge, TinyViking, ZedLeppelin
        Colgate 5
        Birdwatcher, bluefish, Puckdrop14, Raider Archivist, Rightnut
        The Ohio State 4
        EPIC97, osualum86, pgb-ohio, wmnshkyfan
        Others 5
        Lindsay, hockeymakesmebroke, joecct, MND3Dad, Genbeau

Will be interesting to see when Friday rolls around who changes their mind.
        Last edited by vicb; 03-11-2018, 09:22 AM.
        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
          Thirty-eight saves against BC? I'm going with Cinderella.
          I'd be more than OK with that. Really want the trophy to stay out here where it belongs.

I think OSU has a better chance against WI than any of the other 6 teams from Friday. But having nothing but their record to go on Clarkson might disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
            Not me - as much as I'd like to see an east team win the championship, I'll take Wisconsin for the win.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
              I think this year the Badgers get revenge for last years embarrassment. I'd love to see OSU against them in that game but Clarkson has shown themselves to be capable of dominating despite having to battle against MU yesterday.
              I mostly agree with this. The Badgers sure looked hungry yesterday. And I want the two "M" gals coaching at OSU to win. But, as Lincoln said to the National Union League quoting an old Dutch farmer, "It's not best to swap horses when crossing streams." So, Clarkson it is.
              Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-11-2018, 09:50 AM. Reason: Where has Hannibal Hamlin gone?
              "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Clarkson 17
                bc6696, bluffrinkrat, D2D, DC78-82, FireKnight, hockeydad23, MAHOCKEY FAN, mattj711, Panda, Russell Jaslow, Scott_TG, Still Eeyore, Timothy A,
                The way UW played yesterday (allowed 12 sog) and the fact that Clarkson was dragged to the brink of BC's fate is pushing me towards UW, though Clarkson's firepower and goaltending are hard to ignore.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Clarkson 17
                  bc6696, bluffrinkrat, D2D, DC78-82, FireKnight, hockeydad23, MAHOCKEY FAN, mattj711, Panda, Russell Jaslow, Scott_TG, Still Eeyore, Timothy A, TonyTheTiger20, vicb, WH Fan, zoofer
                  Wisconsin 8
                  agfire, Ciscokid, dd17, First Time, Long Time, Leather helmet, ndodge, TinyViking, ZedLeppelin
                  Colgate 5
                  Birdwatcher, bluefish, Puckdrop14, Raider Archivist, Rightnut
                  The Ohio State 4
                  EPIC97, osualum86, pgb-ohio, wmnshkyfan
                  Others 5
                  Lindsay, hockeymakesmebroke, joecct, MND3Dad, Genbeau

I changed my mind.
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

It's not a public poll, so we may not see.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Would love to see it stay out East....Colgate has never been there and clarkson has shown some weaknesses I didn't expect. I saw Clarkson play 4 times against un ranked teams in ECAC and still can't understand 1 goal wins from what is supposed to be a dominant offense....then again ask BC about dominant offense. I vote Wisconsin

Comment

Given what I wrote on the other thread, I’m going to have to switch to the Badgers......I think both Clarkson and OSU have the goaltending and defense to try and force the Badgers out of their game but they were flying yesterday! Even if the Gophers aren’t their normal selves this year, the Badgers had that je ne c’est quoi.......sorry vicb to reverse my Clarkson vote.....I guess I’m swimm8ng upstream and believing that in this case offense tops defense.......🧐🧐🤔🤔

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                          Given what I wrote on the other thread, I’m going to have to switch to the Badgers......I think both Clarkson and OSU have the goaltending and defense to try and force the Badgers out of their game but they were flying yesterday! Even if the Gophers aren’t their normal selves this year, the Badgers had that je ne c’est quoi.......sorry vicb to reverse my Clarkson vote.....I guess I’m swimm8ng upstream and believing that in this case offense tops defense.......🧐🧐🤔🤔
                          Nothing to be sorry about. The way Wisconsin and Ohio State dominated two good teams compared to my Knights and Colgate's wins it would be tough not to pick an all WCHA final. Somehow though Matt Desrosier's and his staff gets the knights ready to give anyone a game. The question I have is can the Clarkson goal scorers figure out a way to beat Sauve? She sure looked all world against BC. They had 2 or 3 chances against Mercyhurst that they should have bagged in Regulation and did not. They will not be able to do that against Ohio State or for that matter against Wisconsin or Colgate and expect to win. I was also really impressed with Jincy Dunn on defense. Mercyhurst's goalie in the post game interview said that they knew that they had to stop Clarkson's top line and for most of the game they did. Unfortunately the top line still came thru with the 2 goals needed to win the game. That is the one thing that concerns me with Clarkson. Just like BC, you have a really strong top line but after that the grade A chances and scoring falls off. Against Mercyhurst I honestly cannot think of one grade A chance any of Clarksons other 3 lines generated against hurst. With Tiley in the nets and Clarkson's defense I think the game is gonna be another 1-0, 2-1 type of game which could go either way. I do not expect another 4-3 semifinal like last year's Clarkson-Minnesota matchup.

As for Wisconsin against Colgate, I don't think Wisconsin will have an easy game. Colgate has more scoring depth throughout their line up compared to Clarkson so you can't prepare for one top line. They have a good defense also. I know she has good stats but the concern I would have for Colgate is Vandyk in the nets compared to Campbell in the Wisconsin nets. That to me is where Wisconsin has more of an edge. And more likely than not, the better goaltending wins games and championships.
                          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Somehow though Matt Desrosier's and his staff gets the knights ready to give anyone a game.
                            I believe this I think this is key.

The Knights will be sound. The Knights will be ready to take advantage of opportunities.
                            The Buckeyes will be very aggressive.

Can the aggressiveness of The Ohio State University be effective enough to disturb the soundness of Clarkson?

Maybe. There is a good chance. But probably not.

That's my take...lol

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                              Given what I wrote on the other thread, I’m going to have to switch to the Badgers......I think both Clarkson and OSU have the goaltending and defense to try and force the Badgers out of their game but they were flying yesterday! Even if the Gophers aren’t their normal selves this year, the Badgers had that je ne c’est quoi.......sorry vicb to reverse my Clarkson vote.....I guess I’m swimm8ng upstream and believing that in this case offense tops defense.......��������
                              I'll reiterate my opinion that Wisconsin doesn't have an especially good offense. Their defense is outstanding, their forecheck is relentless, and they hold on to the puck like a python suffocating a goat, but they are not as effective at putting the puck in the net as you'd think based upon the other things they do well. The Gophers gifted them at least two goals yesterday with basic defensive mistakes. For all of Minnesota's problems, they held the Badgers to one goal during regulation three times in six tries. Their power play is a borderline train wreck.

I make the Badgers co-favorites with Clarkson, but it's because they never let you have the puck and they're really good at making two goals enough to win.

Comment

Working...
                              X