Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quarterfinals: Geneseo vs, Colby

Originally posted by geneseo View Post
    It looks like Schultz is trying to adjust for a problem the team ran into last year when they hit the wall at the end of the season. He's had the luxury of being able to rotate some very high quality dmen in and out of the line-up. Midseason DI transfer Campion was out of the line-up against Fredonia. Condon got a break several weeks ago for a couple games as did Hartman right after that. Russell got a break for a couple games while recovering from a bruised knee. Last night against Hobart, in what was likely to be a very physical game, Campion was in and Lagrone was out. Nice to have the personnel to be able to do that, and so far it's paying off.
    I can't imagine sitting Lagrone against Hobart was by choice, he must be hurt. He's a point per game D and there aren't many D anywhere in D3 better than him at both ends of the ice. Having a guy like Campion sitting there to take his place is a nice luxury though, he's not Lagrone but he has a ton of skill for big guy.

Comment

Originally posted by gknight View Post
      I can't imagine sitting Lagrone against Hobart was by choice, he must be hurt. He's a point per game D and there aren't many D anywhere in D3 better than him at both ends of the ice. Having a guy like Campion sitting there to take his place is a nice luxury though, he's not Lagrone but he has a ton of skill for big guy.
      I'm also guessing that Lagrone was 100%, but, either way, Schultz knows he can rest him with full confidence in someone like Campion.
      Last edited by geneseo; 03-12-2018, 01:53 AM.

Comment

It looks like Schultz is trying to adjust for a problem the team ran into last year when they hit the wall at the end of the season. He's had the luxury of being able to rotate some very high quality dmen in and out of the line-up. Midseason DI transfer Campion was out of the line-up against Fredonia. Condon got a break several weeks ago for a couple games as did Hartman right after that. Russell got a break for a couple games while recovering from a bruised knee. Last night against Hobart, in what was likely to be a very physical game, Campion was in and Lagrone was out. Nice to have the personnel to be able to do that, and so far it's paying off.
        Yes nice to have 4 D1 transfer dmen in the line-up or out....would have had 5 D1 transfer dmen but one left for Canada during the summer also only one of the 5 dmen were " D1lite"....Nice problem to have..
        Last edited by bakdraft21; 03-12-2018, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
          Yes nice to have 4 D1 transfer dmen in the line-up or out....would have had 5 D1 transfer dmen but one left for Canada during the summer also only one of the 5 dmen were " D1lite"....Nice problem to have..
          Oswego used to have that "problem."
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            Oswego used to have that "problem."
            Don't remember that,we have had a few from Big ten schools and a few ECAC guys here and there but,Genny has a nice roster of "Top flight" D1 schools as far as their transfers go ,all at once,best of luck to them,to bad I am rooting for both Genny and Colby...after this game I will be down to one of these teams and whoever is playing adrian
            Last edited by bakdraft21; 03-12-2018, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Don't remember that,we have had a few from Big ten schools and a few ECAC guys here and there but,Genny has a nice roster of "Top flight" D1 schools as far as their transfers go ,all at once,best of luck to them,to bad I am rooting for both Genny and Colby...after this game I will be down to one of these teams and whoever is playing adrian
              Picking Point in a TKO

Comment

We're thinking of heading down to support our fellow-SUNYAC school. Students on break, dorms open up on Sunday morning, I'm guessing tickets won't be a problem? No pre-sale?
                Oswego State 1980 Grad
                (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
                  We're thinking of heading down to support our fellow-SUNYAC school. Students on break, dorms open up on Sunday morning, I'm guessing tickets won't be a problem? No pre-sale?
                  I'm waiting to hear if they decide to open the dorms early. I think they've done that in the past. I'll also pass along any news on tickets as soon as it's available.

Comment

Geneseo was very fortunate to have first year Kyle Hartman come in as a late commit after Bilous decided to return to Canada. To his credit, Hartman fit in seamlessly from day one with regulars Condon and Russell and the DI transfers. He also gave the Knights a fourth member of the USPHL Champion NJ Hitmen squad from a couple years ago.

Comment

Geneseo/Colby ticket info: http://geneseoknights.com/sports/mic...20180313gru9tq

Comment

Colby has some tickets available, too: For ticket information contact Colby Athletics at 207-859-4900 no later than noon on Thursday. The game is available via streaming video here. You may also receive live in-game updates via Twitter @themules.
                        Mule Train, 2018 NESCAC Champs, made it to the Frozen Four

Comment

And then there's this little weather problem: https://***********/hirshland/status/973604637449351172

Comment

Originally posted by OhioMule View Post
                            And then there's this little weather problem: https://***********/hirshland/status/973604637449351172
                            Maybe they'll have to fly after all!!
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Maybe they'll have to fly after all!!
                              Back when I was at Colby, some 50 years ago, they had to shut down the Waterville airport for two days due to a Moose that kept coming out onto the runway.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioMule View Post
                                Back when I was at Colby, some 50 years ago, they had to shut down the Waterville airport for two days due to a Moose that kept coming out onto the runway.
                                That sounds like something from that quirky tv show Northern Exposure.

Comment

Working...
                                X