Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 1001

Thread: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

  1. #141
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom
    Posts
    15,061

    Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

    Snobbery is in. If you can't look down on stupid people, what's the point of succeeding?
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  2. #142

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    60,339

    Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Yeah, but there has been a massive shift in the education gap over the last 20 years. Smerconish highlighted this yesterday on his show. College-educated voters have started to swing left by a significant margin (of change). Conversely, those with only high school education have shifted to the republicans.


    I wouldn't be surprised if it's over 55% now.
    Last edited by Kepler; 03-27-2018 at 02:40 PM.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

  3. #143
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    39,739

    Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

    A second judge has ordered Walker to hold special elections

    https://www.salon.com/2018/03/27/sec...ial-elections/
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  4. #144
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    68,062

    Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...pelosi-n860451

    All running away from Nancy Pelosi. Which means they're running away from Democratic policy. Which means that all the "Berners" out there are not going to get what they want this election cycle. We're going to get a bunch of Democrats who waffle on real Democratic ideas that need implementing.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  5. #145
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom
    Posts
    15,061

    Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...pelosi-n860451

    All running away from Nancy Pelosi. Which means they're running away from Democratic policy. Which means that all the "Berners" out there are not going to get what they want this election cycle. We're going to get a bunch of Democrats who waffle on real Democratic ideas that need implementing.
    Not really. If the Dems take back the House, Pelosi should do a one year victory lap as a thank you for her service (and I hold her least to blame for the Dems current standing - she did her job and passed Obama's agenda unlike Harry Reid). Then, she needs to step down and hand the reigns over to someone else in time for the 2020 elections. I'm indifferent as to whether that person is a hard core progressive or a more center lefty but that would be the time for the progressives to flex their muscle.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  6. #146

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    60,339

    Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Not really. If the Dems take back the House, Pelosi should do a one year victory lap as a thank you for her service (and I hold her least to blame for the Dems current standing - she did her job and passed Obama's agenda unlike Harry Reid). Then, she needs to step down and hand the reigns over to someone else in time for the 2020 elections. I'm indifferent as to whether that person is a hard core progressive or a more center lefty but that would be the time for the progressives to flex their muscle.
    I'd prefer Pelosi staying. She's very effective and the knucks who flip out over her are exactly the ones I want speaking in public for the right. If we on the left ever get our act together pragmatic centrists like Nancy will suddenly discover that they are really fire-breathing leftists. Pols don't have principles -- they move with the fashion.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

  7. #147
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    36,995

    Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...pelosi-n860451

    All running away from Nancy Pelosi. Which means they're running away from Democratic policy. Which means that all the "Berners" out there are not going to get what they want this election cycle. We're going to get a bunch of Democrats who waffle on real Democratic ideas that need implementing.
    Its called strategy Scooby. Nancy Pelosi is the devil to all Republican voters and will be used as a way to paint every candidate under the same brush. You neutralize that by walking away from her. You know do the opposite of what they did with Hillary Clinton. Not one of them will hold to it when they get into office. Same thing Republicans did when they took back Congress. They were all "Anti War" and "Fiscal Responsibility" and "Anti Dubya" yet as soon as they got in they flipped right back to the same BS they always do.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  8. #148
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    36,995

    Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    I'd prefer Pelosi staying. She's very effective and the knucks who flip out over her are exactly the ones I want speaking in public for the right. If we on the left ever get our act together pragmatic centrists like Nancy will suddenly discover that they are really fire-breathing leftists. Pols don't have principles -- they move with the fashion.
    Yeah except those knucks you hate vote when they have a reason and she is a big reason. She needs to not be Speaker of the House. As long as she is in leadership the Dems will have problems because their turnout blows.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  9. #149
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Colo Spgs
    Posts
    3,459

    Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Yeah except those knucks you hate vote when they have a reason and she is a big reason. She needs to not be Speaker of the House. As long as she is in leadership the Dems will have problems because their turnout blows.
    You think the knucks will be enamored with the next speaker? They will hate the next one just as much, won't make a difference.

  10. #150
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    68,062

    Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

    Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    You think the knucks will be enamored with the next speaker? They will hate the next one just as much, won't make a difference.
    This.

    It's all more Democrats running against Democrats. Their is never a coalition and that's why they consistently lose. Running from Pelosi to me spells more disaster. Just like running from Clinton was disaster. Not only did that lose them the Supreme Court and the Presidency but it gave Republicans majorities in both Houses of Congress.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  11. #151
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Back down in Uptown
    Posts
    12,400

    Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

    Regarding Pelosi...I just wish the Dems would actually get someone with some charisma in these positions.
    Go Gophers!

  12. #152

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    60,339

    Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Yeah except those knucks you hate vote when they have a reason and she is a big reason. She needs to not be Speaker of the House. As long as she is in leadership the Dems will have problems because their turnout blows.
    She's not "a big reason." They'll be given another reason. Obama was the most dignified, competent, moderate president of the last hundred years and they hated him with the passion of the mentally unstable. We have to stop self-censoring and stop self-editing and start putting forward the strongest people, and if that gives the righties the vapors so much the better. People don't vote for the Dems because they think we are cowards -- if we can't stand up to the Republican zombies how are we going to protect them from Putin? And from a certain angle they are right.

    It's time to tell the "not in the face!" Dems to sit down, shut up, vote straight ticket and have the sincere, passionate left take over. Or rather, it's time for the real left to take over the party and push the moderates out of the way. Without that we just have another lost generation of leadership twiddling their thumbs (and getting personally rich) while the nation turns into a rightwing death camp.
    Last edited by Kepler; 03-28-2018 at 10:34 AM.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

  13. #153

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    60,339

    Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Just like running from Clinton was disaster. Not only did that lose them the Supreme Court and the Presidency but it gave Republicans majorities in both Houses of Congress.
    You and Rover can repeat this endlessly but it's still no more true than the day after the election when the Clintoinistas started looking for someone to blame for their own failure.

    But Hillary is dead and gone and there's no point rehashing her. Move on. 2018 presents no problem at all for left / center cooperation. The next time we start yammering about this should be summer 2019 when the candidates start announcing for the nomination. Until then we're just one big happy family trying to drag the GOP to the lake's edge, push it in, jump in afterwards, and hold its head down long enough for it to never bother the US again.

    Last edited by Kepler; 03-28-2018 at 10:41 AM.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

  14. #154
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,696

    Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    This.

    It's all more Democrats running against Democrats. Their is never a coalition and that's why they consistently lose. Running from Pelosi to me spells more disaster. Just like running from Clinton was disaster. Not only did that lose them the Supreme Court and the Presidency but it gave Republicans majorities in both Houses of Congress.
    Yeah, what a disaster it was for Conor Lamb to run away from Pelosi.

  15. #155
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    68,062

    Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    You and Rover can repeat this endlessly but it's still no more true than the day after the election when the Clintoinistas started looking for someone to blame for their own failure.

    But Hillary is dead and gone and there's no point rehashing her. Move on. 2018 presents no problem at all for left / center cooperation. The next time we start yammering about this should be summer 2019 when the candidates start announcing for the nomination. Until then we're just one big happy family trying to drag the GOP to the lake's edge, push them in, jump in afterwards, and hold their head down long enough for them to never bother us again.

    You're the one burying your head in the sand. Running away from Pelosi is the same ****ing behavior. Democrats NEVER LEARN.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  16. #156
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    68,062

    Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    Yeah, what a disaster it was for Conor Lamb to run away from Pelosi.
    Exceptions to every rule. Just wait. Conor Lamb isn't a Bernie Democrat. The fact that were so happy about him mystifies me. He's farther right than Obama and Clinton were.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  17. #157
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,696

    Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Exceptions to every rule. Just wait. Conor Lamb isn't a Bernie Democrat. The fact that were so happy about him mystifies me. He's farther right than Obama and Clinton were.
    He represents a decisively red district--he's about as far left as anyone can be while still winning. The fact that you don't grasp that mystifies me. The district dictates the strategy. If running away from Pelosi gets us centrists in red districts, I'm happy with that.

  18. #158
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    68,062

    Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    He represents a decisively red district--he's about as far left as anyone can be while still winning. The fact that you don't grasp that mystifies me. The district dictates the strategy. If running away from Pelosi gets us centrists in red districts, I'm happy with that.
    I'm not happy with that. I don't think we should have to cannibalize ourselves for votes. Republicans never do that and that's why they win.

    EDIT: I shouldn't say never. When they do it they move farther right.
    Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 03-28-2018 at 10:54 AM.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  19. #159

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    60,339

    Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Exceptions to every rule. Just wait. Conor Lamb isn't a Bernie Democrat. The fact that were so happy about him mystifies me. He's farther right than Obama and Clinton were.
    He flipped a seat. That's what matters. That's why we're happy. I'm probably the farthest left person on the board and I will take every blue dog and every DINO we can get in red districts. Now, the minute we have a chance to replace them with someone farther left, yes, do it in a heartbeat. And whenever he says "well, I think we should move farther right because..." we nod and grin and do nothing to appease him.

    But the first job is eradicating Republicans. We will circle back around and order our own house later. Blue dogs are perfectly fine as long as we give them nothing and don't let them anywhere near the platform. We can use them to discredit GOP blather about all Dems being insane Satanist Ivy Leaguers who bathe.
    Last edited by Kepler; 03-28-2018 at 10:58 AM.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

  20. #160
    Yep, still here
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    28,000

    Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Yeah except those knucks you hate vote when they have a reason and she is a big reason. She needs to not be Speaker of the House. As long as she is in leadership the Dems will have problems because their turnout blows.
    It took them about 7 seconds to transfer their hatred of Reid to Schumer. Pelosi to anyone will be the same.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


    Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •