Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Unlike ahem some people I could name, I can separate the argument from the arguer.

I don't usually mind when you play the role of LeftFish and spin for fun and profit. Just don't be a climate denier.
    Remember the good ole days early November when rovsie was trumpeting the dismissals of all thing R?
    It only hilly, but massive majorities in the senate.

How can someone be SOOOOOO wrong
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Remember the good ole days early November when rovsie was trumpeting the dismissals of all thing R?
      It only hilly, but massive majorities in the senate.

How can someone be SOOOOOO wrong
      Rover is the kind of foot soldier you want licking envelopes and passing out fliers. Every successful campaign has thousands of Rovers -- loyal and blindly willing their truths from their desires.

You don't ask the cop to make policy, you tell him which door to knock down and then he gamely does it. A healthy body needs arms and legs, too. Don't knock it.

Five hundred Rovers working door to door in MI, PA, and WI in October 2016 would have won us the election. That's more than anything I could ever do directly.
      Last edited by Kepler; 05-03-2018, 11:36 AM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The right candidate and Joe Manchin in the same sentence lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
          The right candidate and Joe Manchin in the same sentence lmao.
          He's kinda right -- you tailor a candidate to an electorate like you tailor a product to a market. We have a choice between two gross options: putting up with some Dems who will be against us on key votes to save their own skin, or gift wrapping those seats for the F-ckwit Fascists. The former is infinitely preferable. The third option, winning those seats with a rock-ribbed liberal, is not sold in red states.

You admit those guys but you tie their hands, you don't let it go the other way. You tell them they can vote with their numbskull constituents on the 3 Gs, but in return they have to be lockstep on other issues or no committee goodies nor DSCC/DCCC $. And you use them as a voice to nudge their benighted sh-tkicker perma-welfare clod hoppers towards sanity on issues where their Thunder Gawd hasn't turned their brains to mush. You use them to learn how to talk to hayseeds. My God, that's what the right does. Do you really think the guys on Wall Street know or care about, or can speak to, Cleetus and Brandine? That's what their paid Derp Whisperers are for. We need those too.

So insofar as Rover is saying that, he's actually right.
          Last edited by Kepler; 05-03-2018, 11:56 AM.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            I'm not making an argument from authority. I'm saying the odds that you've found a gaping hole in their logic are low. But by all means, take it up with them.
            I think Handy summed it up best...

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            You shouldnt, theirs is incomplete. Rover is correct. It isnt a slight on 538 it is like any advanced stat it is only as accurate as they factors you put in and they definitely should have included factors like Rover brought up.
            Couldn't have said it better myself. BTW, as you posted the link, is it too much trouble for you to defend its conclusions after you said it was an amazing job?

Five hundred Rovers working door to door in MI, PA, and WI in October 2016 would have won us the election. .
            Sadly no, because that still wouldn't have been enough to overcome all of the Bernie Sanders voters who voted FOR Trump for....well, you tell us why.
            Last edited by Rover; 05-03-2018, 01:30 PM.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

He's kinda right -- you tailor a candidate to an electorate like you tailor a product to a market. We have a choice between two gross options: putting up with some Dems who will be against us on key votes to save their own skin, or gift wrapping those seats for the F-ckwit Fascists. The former is infinitely preferable. The third option, winning those seats with a rock-ribbed liberal, is not sold in red states.

You admit those guys but you tie their hands, you don't let it go the other way. You tell them they can vote with their numbskull constituents on the 3 Gs, but in return they have to be lockstep on other issues or no committee goodies nor DSCC/DCCC $. And you use them as a voice to nudge their benighted sh-tkicker perma-welfare clod hoppers towards sanity on issues where their Thunder Gawd hasn't turned their brains to mush. You use them to learn how to talk to hayseeds. My God, that's what the right does. Do you really think the guys on Wall Street know or care about, or can speak to, Cleetus and Brandine? That's what their paid Derp Whisperers are for. We need those too.

So insofar as Rover is saying that, he's actually right.
              The problem is Joe Manchin is basically bought by the financial industry and his seat is not all that safe right now. The guy voted for the tax heist if I'm not mistaken and basically represents everything that is wrong with the party. I'm sure the DCCC supports him though because they're ran by morons.

Comment

The problem is Joe Manchin is basically bought by the financial industry and his seat is not all that safe right now. The guy voted for the tax heist if I'm not mistaken and basically represents everything that is wrong with the party. I'm sure the DCCC supports him though because they're ran by morons.
                I understand all of that. I'm saying if it's a choice between him and Generic Republican then I choose him. Generic Republican is a psychosis on every issue. At least 2/3rds of all policy votes are whipped 100% on both sides of the aisle without constituents ever knowing or caring. I want his vote on every one of those. That is day to day legislation.

By all means we need to challenge these guys in the primaries, especially when they are not incumbents. Our strategy should be elect the most liberal Democrat we can in every seat. But it should not be to nominate the most liberal candidate and then take our chances -- that's the Todd Akin Error.
                Cornell University

Comment

You are mistaken. Every Dem Senator voted against the tax heist even the most vulnerable ones.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...bill-vote.html

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    You are mistaken. Every Dem Senator voted against the tax heist even the most vulnerable ones.

Correct. They all wimped out on Pompeo though. And Gorsuch.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Correct. They all wimped out on Pompeo though. And Gorsuch.
                      Not a hill to die on IMHO once the Goopers had the votes on those nominees. Really happy they all stood tall on the tax theft. Shows the right message and it would be nice if some of our lefty friends could be in the know on such things.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post

Thanks for pointing that out, I looked through his record and it said he supported the tax reform bills so I thought it was that one but apparently what I saw was a different bill. That said the guy has too many knuckle dragger positions including voting for decreased Dodd Frank regulations among other things.
                        Last edited by trixR4kids; 05-03-2018, 03:50 PM.

Comment

"I guess at some point you have to ask the question, how does Sarah Huckabee Sanders go to work every day if she was sent out there to mislead the American people?” asked GOP Rep. Charlie Dent, leader of the moderate Republican caucus.

Comment

Manchin is infinitely preferable to felon Don Blankenship. That's your option in West Virginia.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I get that but I think ideally you'd still have a primary challenger and run someone more progressive against him.

Comment

I get that but I think ideally you'd still have a primary challenger and run someone more progressive against him.
                                And win said primary, so your progressive gets 28% in WV in November.

Great plan.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X