Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    No, now no supper for you and go back to your room. Your next lesson (from a different thread) is that the lamestream media, including the New York Times, is not your friend and in fact is your enemy due to their endless GOP bootlicking in the name of false equivalency and "balance".
    I don't want a news media that is my "friend." The GOP has that in their Echo Chamber, and while it is convenient from a propaganda perspective to hide reality from their captives, in the long run it serves them poorly because it breaks the feedback mechanism of punishment for bad action and poor policy. It's like a body without pain centers -- it seems ideal but the medical name for that is leprosy.

I want a smart media strategy that uses the media's practical motives and weaknesses to further our agenda. I want a disciplined, unified commitment by all of us to stay on message and not undercut each other.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Only thing millenials need to know about the economy is that the boomers ruined things for them and the republicans want to make it worse.

Maybe teachers can use the extra $3 in their checks to buy more supplies for their classes

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Only thing millenials need to know about the economy is that the boomers ruined things for them and the republicans want to make it worse.

Maybe teachers can use the extra $3 in their checks to buy more supplies for their classes
        Supply Side Santa Claus destroyed the economy. "The rich don't have to pay taxes -- a miracle will occur!" Until we repeal Reagan, the American Dream will remain dead. That was the whole plan from the moment they sketched it on the napkin: destroying the middle class destroys all obstacles to the 1%.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Supply Side Santa Claus destroyed the economy. "The rich don't have to pay taxes -- a miracle will occur!" Until we repeal Reagan, the American Dream will remain dead. That was the whole plan from the moment they sketched it on the napkin: destroying the middle class destroys all obstacles to the 1%.
          And boomers are the ones who elected Reagan.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            And boomers are the ones who elected Reagan.
            I don't think "generations" are useful concepts. They tell us that people raised under certain circumstances act in certain ways. We can't change that or them. People are people, they're just been baked differently and they get no credit or blame for that because those conditions were external to them. So it just becomes a way for x to blame y for things x would have done had then been brought up like y.
            Cornell University

Comment

I don't think "generations" are useful concepts. They tell us that people raised under certain circumstances act in certain ways. We can't change that or them. People are people, they're just been baked differently and they get no credit or blame for that because those conditions were external to them. So it just becomes a way for x to blame y for things x would have done had then been brought up like y.
              That's a bit of a cop out. The boomers benefited from government programs growing up and then when the bill came due as adults they chose to pass on paying and stick it to their progeny instead. They used their demographic power from a place of selfishness. They better hope the millennials are less selfish, or grandma and grandpa boomer may find retirement less comfortable than they expect.

I saw a poll the other day that 51% of millennials blame boomers for things being worse off now. I'm surprised it was only 51%.

Comment

That's a bit of a cop out. The boomers benefited from government programs growing up and then when the bill came due as adults they chose to pass on paying and stick it to their progeny instead. They used their demographic power from a place of selfishness. They better hope the millennials are less selfish, or grandma and grandpa boomer may find retirement less comfortable than they expect.

I saw a poll the other day that 51% of millennials blame boomers for things being worse off now. I'm surprised it was only 51%.
                No, just like the Middle Class, Gen X will be the one that gets ****ed.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I want a smart media strategy that uses the media's practical motives and weaknesses to further our agenda. I want a disciplined, unified commitment by all of us to stay on message and not undercut each other.
                  Don't hold your breath. My point wasn't find a media outlet that's your friend. My point is realize that media outlets that are allegedly friendly to the left are in fact the enemy due to 1) Cowardice, and 2) False Equivalency. The NYT, CNN, etc will publish GOP talking points and bend over backwards to accommodate knuckledragger viewpoints for a couple of reasons. One their reporters are too timid to face down a right wing media backlash against them, and second the corporate stiffs actually believe they're doing the world a favor with the "this side did this BUT this side did that too" BS like it makes them responsible journalists or something. I don't recall the NYT opening up its opinion pages to only Bill Clinton or Barack Obama supporters for a day after either of those men won any of their 4 Presidential elections, and we should note Obama got about 8M more votes than Trump did in his first election.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

That's a bit of a cop out. The boomers benefited from government programs growing up and then when the bill came due as adults they chose to pass on paying and stick it to their progeny instead. They used their demographic power from a place of selfishness.
                    I have no doubt Gen Xers and Millenials will be as personally selfish as Boomers, who were as personally selfish as Great Gens, who were as selfish as the Lost Generation, and back into the mists of time.

Generational cross-comparisons are the ultimate in never being able to walk in someone else's shoes. What you have is a population responding to the circumstances of their time with a distribution of outcomes. Take the newborn babies of every age in history and substitute them for the Boomers at birth and you'd get the same general distribution. Switch the slave owners and the slaves at birth and you'd get the same general distribution of outcomes.

The moral comparison I am interested in is between people at a similar starting point exposed to similar conditions who produce very different outcomes based on their choices. A generation does not have "will," therefore it does not exercise choice, therefore criticizing it is basically criticizing stochastic processes. Collective identities are imaginary.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      I have no doubt Gen Xers and Millenials will be as personally selfish as Boomers, who were as personally selfish as Great Gens, who were as selfish as the Lost Generation, and back into the mists of time.
                      bs
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        bs
                        I didn't realize a significant change had taken place in the human genome immediately after 1960.

People are people, my friend. Put you on the banks of the Amu Darya in 747 and you'd be buggering peasant boys in the name of Khorasan until the Muzzies showed up and buggered you.

You can judge a person. You can judge people who adhere to an ideology -- that's a choice. But you can no more judge a generation than a race. Those are fictive collectives. They are empty.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Gotta agree with Scoobs here and once again ask somebody to do a wellness check on Kep. Baby Boomers and the Silent Generation that came before them are the whiniest, most self-centered people the country has ever produced and the cause of the Republican treasonous money laundering cult that we're dealing with. People make a major mistake for the sake of simplicity or idol worship in crediting Reagan for ushering in a "new conservative era" (cue solemn voice). The senile old codger was just riding the wave. Hell, Nixon achieved a bigger victory just 8 years prior to Ronbo's election. What happened was the Greatest Generation dedicated to shared sacrifice was lessening in influence while the next two generations were gaining. Now unfortunately we're stuck with these idiots for awhile longer as old people tend to come out and vote, which puts those born between roughly 1930 and 1960 in control unless Gen X and Millenials unite to send them back to hell where they belong.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Don't hold your breath. My point wasn't find a media outlet that's your friend. My point is realize that media outlets that are allegedly friendly to the left are in fact the enemy due to 1) Cowardice, and 2) False Equivalency. The NYT, CNN, etc will publish GOP talking points and bend over backwards to accommodate knuckledragger viewpoints for a couple of reasons. One their reporters are too timid to face down a right wing media backlash against them, and second the corporate stiffs actually believe they're doing the world a favor with the "this side did this BUT this side did that too" BS like it makes them responsible journalists or something. I don't recall the NYT opening up its opinion pages to only Bill Clinton or Barack Obama supporters for a day after either of those men won any of their 4 Presidential elections, and we should note Obama got about 8M more votes than Trump did in his first election.
                            This. The fact that these outlets are so obsessed with balance when we're talking about people who lie out their *** and deny science and promote total scumbag ideology is ridiculous.

Comment

I didn't realize a significant change had taken place in the human genome immediately after 1960.

People are people, my friend. Put you on the banks of the Amu Darya in 747 and you'd be buggering peasant boys in the name of Khorasan until the Muzzies showed up and buggered you.

You can judge a person. You can judge people who adhere to an ideology -- that's a choice. But you can no more judge a generation than a race. Those are fictive collectives. They are empty.
                              Finally accepting mookisms as fact.

Good boy!
                              Good boy!
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                Gotta agree with Scoobs here and once again ask somebody to do a wellness check on Kep. Baby Boomers and the Silent Generation that came before them are the whiniest, most self-centered people the country has ever produced and the cause of the Republican treasonous money laundering cult that we're dealing with. People make a major mistake for the sake of simplicity or idol worship in crediting Reagan for ushering in a "new conservative era" (cue solemn voice). The senile old codger was just riding the wave. Hell, Nixon achieved a bigger victory just 8 years prior to Ronbo's election. What happened was the Greatest Generation dedicated to shared sacrifice was lessening in influence while the next two generations were gaining. Now unfortunately we're stuck with these idiots for awhile longer as old people tend to come out and vote, which puts those born between roughly 1930 and 1960 in control unless Gen X and Millenials unite to send them back to hell where they belong.
                                Dream on
                                Dream on
                                Dream until your dreams come true.....

Dream on
                                Dream on
                                Dream on
                                Dream on
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X