Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    you don't think they are growing?

kep keeps claiming they will die off. but seems as they are dying, the roster replenishes and numbers remain steady. they as the old bubble drain is gone, all these new recruits will increase that number, and they get younger.
    No, because 1) for Presidential elections GOP candidates from Bush II to Trump have won the same amount of voters (roughly 60-62M). If they were growing, they'd be way over Bush's 2004 #'s. 2) While not the same measurement, the average age of the viewers/listeners of Fox cable shows and right wing radio like Limbaugh keeps getting older, again implying they aren't bringing enough new people into the fold.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
      No, because 1) for Presidential elections GOP candidates from Bush II to Trump have won the same amount of voters (roughly 60-62M). If they were growing, they'd be way over Bush's 2004 #'s. 2) While not the same measurement, the average age of the viewers/listeners of Fox cable shows and right wing radio like Limbaugh keeps getting older, again implying they aren't bringing enough new people into the fold.
      No
      Old people are dying, but kep would have one believe the vote totals should be falling.

They are not.

So as the dying generation now finally goes and gop hippies age - the new Hitler youth will grows up the total and you’ll see 62mm become 65mm, then 69mm....
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        No
        Old people are dying, but kep would have one believe the vote totals should be falling.

They are not.

So as the dying generation now finally goes and gop hippies age - the new Hitler youth will grows up the total and you’ll see 62mm become 65mm, then 69mm....
        I can't speak for Kep's thought process. However, the GOP does do better amongst the older set. Anything's possible but I'm not getting the sense from the data that younger voters (as in those 45 and below) are voting GOP in the same manner as Boomers and the even more right wing Silent Generation that came before them.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

It's not that people get more socially conservative. It's that the country improves and becomes more socially liberal, while individual people don't change. So they are "liberal" in their youth compared to the country of their parents, then they change the country and it catches up to them and they "become" moderate," and then they get old, their grandchildren move the country even farther socially left, so they "become" conservative.

And then they die and we stop counting their votes and forget about them.

Herpa-derps will always be reactionary when compared with sane people in the country, but they move more socially liberal generationally same as everyone else. Those awful people who don't think gay people should get married? Their grandparents wanted to murder gay people for Jesus. Their grandparents didn't acknowledge gay people even existed. Those morons who think affirmative action is the "real" racism? Their grandparents attacked the Selma protesters with rubber hoses. Their grandparents owned people.
          Last edited by Kepler; 04-26-2018, 01:48 PM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Richard painter has filed to run against Tina smith as a democrat in the Minnesota senate race

Comment

Then I would say go Tina Smith
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Then I would say go Tina Smith
                Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  It's not that people get more socially conservative. It's that the country improves and becomes more socially liberal, while individual people don't change. So they are "liberal" in their youth compared to the country of their parents, then they change the country and it catches up to them and they "become" moderate," and then they get old, their grandchildren move the country even farther socially left, so they "become" conservative.
                  Why is it when I pointed this out to you a couple of years ago you were all over me, but now its gospel? Talk about a 180 degree turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    Why is it when I pointed this out to you a couple of years ago you were all over me, but now its gospel? Talk about a 180 degree turn.
                    I must have missed it in the avalanche of your other nonsensical posts. Full apologies.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

A new poll that means nothing.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1I10YH
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I must have missed it in the avalanche of your other nonsensical posts. Full apologies.
                        No worries Kep! Much like you now realize that Republican voters are part of a treasonous money laundering cult, and 50% of them weren't going to be receptive to Bernie's message no matter how much it would have improved their lives, you are slowly but surely coming along to my viewpoint on things! Much like watching my toddlers grow into my image, its fun to observe.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          No worries Kep! Much like you now realize that Republican voters are part of a treasonous money laundering cult, and 50% of them weren't going to be receptive to Bernie's message no matter how much it would have improved their lives, you are slowly but surely coming along to my viewpoint on things! Much like watching my toddlers grow into my image, its fun to observe.
                          I'm happy if you're happy, Dad. Can I have a quarter for the movies?
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            It's just one data point, and the cited two cases are cherry-picked anecdotal support for the message they wanted to convey, but it's not great news, certainly. We liberals, and Democrats in general, need a compelling argument against the GOP across the board, not just against Dump.

Still, it's not the worst thing for there to be early warnings like this that we can't just depend on periodic incumbent fatigue or generational change. We need to be a driver, not a passenger, if we are going to get where we want to go. It beats waking up on November 9 wondering what happened in MI, WI, and PA.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 04-30-2018, 09:17 AM.
                            Cornell University

Comment

I'm happy if you're happy, Dad. Can I have a quarter for the movies?
                              No, now no supper for you and go back to your room. Your next lesson (from a different thread) is that the lamestream media, including the New York Times, is not your friend and in fact is your enemy due to their endless GOP bootlicking in the name of false equivalency and "balance".

Comment

I am extraordinarily skeptical of an on-line poll of millenials that has them thinking the Republicans are better stewards of the economy.

Regardless, the time for generic polls is over. We're full swing into election season, and if millenials aren't coming out for the Dems, somebody sure as fuk is if they're beating not only 2016 levels but also 2012 levels of support.

Comment

Working...
                                X