Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

But again, THAT'S THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE!!!! It's not about making friends and it's not about making martyred stands for lost causes. It's the art of the possible. Incremental progress towards the good, and practical constraint of evil. If nothing else, even if he sits in that seat as a paper weight he is preventing some frothing villainous piece of sh-t Republican from sitting in it.
    W T F? Whenever I post this you're all over me! Whoever returned the old Kepler from two years ago and got rid of the imposter we've been dealing with since 2016 I owe you a beer.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

He will, tactically. He won't if it's just symbolic (when we're going to lose the vote anyway). He will when he's whipped to (when his vote matters, and when he has leverage and can wheedle cash for his hicks and/or pet project).

But again, THAT'S THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE!!!! It's not about making friends and it's not about making martyred stands for lost causes. It's the art of the possible. Incremental progress towards the good, and practical constraint of evil. If nothing else, even if he sits in that seat as a paper weight he is preventing some frothing villainous piece of sh-t Republican from sitting in it.
      You think he’s going to sacrifice his career for that? Any meaningful vote he would take is a minimum at three years away. I’m not super concerned.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

He will, tactically. He won't if it's just symbolic (when we're going to lose the vote anyway). He will when he's whipped to (when his vote matters, and when he has leverage and can wheedle cash for his hicks and/or pet project).

As we noted here before, this tumor cannot be killed; but it doesn't have to be. It can be shrunk and isolated so that we can live long productive lives. A home run is not going to win this thing. A lot of base hits might.

One step at a time.
        Play a full 60 minutes.
        Any other cliche's I omitted.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          W T F? Whenever I post this you're all over me! Whoever returned the old Kepler from two years ago and got rid of the imposter we've been dealing with since 2016 I owe you a beer.
          You've never understood my posts. You always substitute a strawman burnout idealist because he's easier for you to then launch your circa 1970 put downs against.

I want a party that compromises around the edges while moving relentlessly forward on its core principles.

The Democratic party compromises its core principles while moving relentlessly forward around the edges. That's because both those things are lazy and easy. They wuss out on the central premise of equality to curry favor with the 1% donor class. They insist on strident language around the edges because that's what the conveyor belt of academically trained activists demands in their shortsighted, juvenile posturing. And so when we win we stand for nothing, while we lose winnable elections because of optics and turn the blow torch of government over to the sociopaths on the right.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            As we noted here before, this tumor cannot be killed; but it doesn't have to be. It can be shrunk and isolated so that we can live long productive lives. A home run is not going to win this thing. A lot of base hits might.

One step at a time.
            Play a full 60 minutes.
            Any other cliche's I omitted.
            Trust the process.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The Cafe reaches the Singularity.
              Cornell University

Comment

The Cafe reaches the Singularity.
                Not remembering my history I thought Minnesota lost to LSSU in the semis but I was wrong and Minnesota lost to St. Lawrence.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

MARCH 14, 2018

SUMMARY OF LEGSLATIVE BUSINESS

Ordering the Previous Question on H. Res. 773 - The rule providing for consideration of H.R. 4545 - Financial Institutions Examination Fairness and Reform Act, H.R. 1116 - TAILOR Act of 2017, and H.R. 4263 - Regulation A+ Improvement Act of 2017 – PASSED 234 – 183, ROLL CALL 104
                  Republican YEA – 234; NAY – 0
                  Democrat YEA – 0; NAY – 183

Adoption of H. Res. 773 - The rule providing for consideration of H.R. 4545 - Financial Institutions Examination Fairness and Reform Act, H.R. 1116 - TAILOR Act of 2017, and H.R. 4263 - Regulation A+ Improvement Act of 2017 – PASSED 235 – 182, ROLL CALL 105
                  Republican YEA – 232; NAY – 0
                  Democrat YEA – 3; NAY – 182

H.R. 4909 - STOP School Violence Act of 2018, as amended – ON THE MOTION TO SUSPEND THE RULES AND PASS – PASSED 407 – 10, ROLL CALL 106
                  Republican YEA – 229; NAY – 5
                  Democrat YEA – 178; NAY – 5

H.R. 3996 - Protecting Access to the Courts for Taxpayers Act – ON THE MOTION TO SUSPEND THE RULES AND PASS – PASSED BY VOICE

H.R. 506 - Preventing Crimes Against Veterans Act of 2017, as amended – ON THE MOTION TO SUSPEND THE RULES AND PASS – PASSED BY VOICE

H.R. 3249 - Project Safe Neighborhoods Grant Program Authorization Act of 2017, as amended – ON THE MOTION TO SUSPEND THE RULES AND PASS – PASSED BY VOICE

Democrat Motion to Recommit on H.R. 1116 – REJECTED 182 – 232, ROLL CALL 107
                  Republican YEA – 1; NAY – 232
                  Democrat YEA – 181; NAY – 0

Passage of H.R. 1116 - TAILOR Act of 2017 – PASSED 247 – 169, ROLL CALL 108
                  Republican YEA – 231; NAY – 1
                  Democrat YEA – 16; NAY – 168

-------------------

A House divided against itself cannot stand.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

And then we have this. I stand by my claim that the GOP can't be in charge in Congre$$.

@wxdam: 17 people die in a high school and a month later there's a nationwide protest to get the attention of lawmakers.

One dog dies on an airplane and there's a bill in the Senate rectifying it within 48 hours.

@SenJohnKennedy: I will be filing a bill tomorrow that will prohibit airlines from putting animals in overhead bins. Violators will face significant fines. Pets are family.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      And then we have this. I stand by my claim that the GOP can't be in charge in Congre$$.

@wxdam: 17 people die in a high school and a month later there's a nationwide protest to get the attention of lawmakers.

One dog dies on an airplane and there's a bill in the Senate rectifying it within 48 hours.

@SenJohnKennedy: I will be filing a bill tomorrow that will prohibit airlines from putting animals in overhead bins. Violators will face significant fines. Pets are family.
                      Only because it is possible. PETA protects animals, while NRA protects profits.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

just wait for the bill outlawing poodle abortions!!
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          just wait for the bill outlawing poodle abortions!!
                          I know you jest, but there is considerable literature on the subject.

Check out the footnotes at the end of the article.

https://whatswrongcvsp.com/2016/07/1...animal-rights/
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I expected more partying on here over the recent election recount results. Never mind that the candidate who won had to campaign on supporting Trump's policies.

Comment

Whatever sad lies you need to tell yourself.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                Whatever sad lies you need to tell yourself.
                                He provides a service. He's the closest thing we have to a genuine Trump lab specimen. A subject isn't without value if you can't ask it questions. You can learn a lot just by watching its behavior.

Watch how the narratives change. Watch which excuses are used and which lies are repeated. It's a real privilege to have this kind of empirical data offered freely. I for one appreciate it.

Flag, Fish, Drew and joe are a good representative sample of the right. Flag is the InfoWars dupe looking under every bed for a monster. Fish is the RedState dittohead mindlessly repeating what his programmers have told him. Drew is the Ted Cruz teenage intellectual regurgitating transparent PJ Media ironies and thinking he's laying sophisticated traps. joe is the polite, educated First Things sage vamping Chestertonian dignity while reaching for the next Churchill bon mot. We've got em all, here, and it's fun to watch how they play their respective hands.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 03-15-2018, 03:40 PM.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X