Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Wait. I thought Corker did come back in?
    Not yet. Has until August 2, but he's probably hesitating because he'd lose the primary to Blackburn.

Edit: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...idterms-423573

Decided against it in March.
    Last edited by bronconick; 04-05-2018, 11:26 AM.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Turtle Boy sets his legacy.

McConnell said once again that the most important accomplishment, in his mind, of Donald Trump’s administration so far has been the number of conservative judicial appointments the president has gotten through.

“I believe that’s the most important thing we’re doing,” the majority leader said. “You’ve heard me say before that I thought the decision I made not to fill the Supreme Court vacancy when Justice Scalia died was the most consequential decision I’ve made in my entire public career. The things that will last the longest time – those are my top priorities.”
      I'd like to thank the Democrats for letting him get away with it.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Turtle Boy sets his legacy.

McConnell said once again that the most important accomplishment, in his mind, of Donald Trump’s administration so far has been the number of conservative judicial appointments the president has gotten through.

“I believe that’s the most important thing we’re doing,” the majority leader said. “You’ve heard me say before that I thought the decision I made not to fill the Supreme Court vacancy when Justice Scalia died was the most consequential decision I’ve made in my entire public career. The things that will last the longest time – those are my top priorities.”

In other words, the executive is represented by an empty suit.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Whoa, there. The Dems made it a campaign issue. Clinton sucked, but she didn't screw that up -- a large enough portion of the electorate told us they didn't care that the GOP stole a SCOTUS slot.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Whoa, there. The Dems made it a campaign issue. Clinton sucked, but she didn't screw that up -- a large enough portion of the electorate told us they didn't care that the GOP stole a SCOTUS slot.
            Who made it a campaign issue? Republicans wanted it to be a campaign issue. No Democrat in his right mind agreed with that.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I think he means people like the Bernie-Susan Sarandon wing who apparently didn't consider control of the SCOTUS to be an important enough issue to vote Dem up and down the ballot in 2016 (recall, a few more Senate seats and we don't have Neil Gorsuch even if Chump won).
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                I think he means people like the Bernie-Susan Sarandon wing who apparently didn't consider control of the SCOTUS to be an important enough issue to vote Dem up and down the ballot in 2016 (recall, a few more Senate seats and we don't have Neil Gorsuch even if Chump won).
                Would have required taking the Senate. 51 Democrats (because we don't have the Presidency). That wasn't going to happen unless Trump got stomped which was never going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  Susan Sarandon wing
                  Nobody is in this "wing" other than Susan Sarandon.

Bernie was right about his analysis of the country's problems and he would have beaten Dump. The fact that he lost the nomination (or was denied it by the Clintonista apparatchiks in the DNC) is unfortunate, but it's ancient history. Once she won the nomination I supported her fully, and most of us did.

If Scooby still has the vapors because thinking liberals didn't buy that old, hackneyed, 1990s, failed identity-driven campaign strategy, then he's the one who hasn't learned anything. We win if we stress liberal economic policies. We lose if we play into the knuck culture war argle bargle.

But I wish you'd stop trying to put lipstick on that pig. She's long dead. Move on and start addressing the future, starting with November.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Nobody is in this "wing" other than Susan Sarandon.

Bernie was right about his analysis of the country's problems and he would have beaten Dump. The fact that he lost the nomination (or was denied it by the Clintonista apparatchiks in the DNC) is unfortunate, but it's ancient history. Once she won the nomination I supported her fully, and most of us did.

If Scooby still has the vapors because thinking liberals didn't buy that old, hackneyed, 1990s, failed identity-driven campaign strategy, then he's the one who hasn't learned anything. We win if we stress liberal economic policies. We lose if we play into the knuck culture war argle bargle.

But I wish you'd stop trying to put lipstick on that pig. She's long dead. Move on and start addressing the future, starting with November.
                    Bernie isn't a Democrat.

Comment

Bernie isn't a Democrat.
                      And Dump isn't a Republican.

But he's President.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

But he's President.
                          He isn't? Everything he stands for matches the party including the hypocrisy. He is the GOP.

Bernie couldn't be bothered to register as a Dem.

And stop saying the nomination was possibly stolen from him. He lost cause he had no plan and minorities didn't like him. The Clintonistas didn't need to rig it the man couldn't win a primary in a major state.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Are we going to go with economic messaging this Fall and call BS on The Heist and vow to repeal it? Are we going to speak truth to populism and counter that trade wars weaken economies, while demanding that all trade deals include a hard floor for living wages, worker age protections and right to collectively organize, environmental protections, etc? Are we going to listen to the people who are angry about the last 40 years and stop playing the GOP game and pledge to tear trickle down out by the roots and restore financial regulation, steep progressive taxation, and make education and health care basic rights?

Cuz that's how we win. But to do it we're going to have to be willing to infuriate CNN, the networks, their corporate advertisers, rich donors and a lot of the "Democratic" punditry who are (very well) paid by the Plutes to work the other side of the aisle. Say goodbye to Andrea Mitchell, Paul Begala, Tom Friedman, Chris Matthews, James Carville, Donna Brazile, and Eleanor Clift.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 04-05-2018, 01:48 PM.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Bernie was right about his analysis of the country's problems and he would have beaten Dump.

The fact that he lost the nomination (or was denied it by the Clintonista apparatchiks in the DNC)

Once she won the nomination I supported her fully, and most of us did.
                              Somebody want to do a "wellness check" on Kep?
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Are we going to go with economic messaging this Fall and call BS on The Heist and vow to repeal it? Are we going to speak truth to populism and counter that trade wars weaken economies, while demanding that all trade deals include a hard floor for living wages, worker age protections and right to collectively organize, environmental protections, etc? Are we going to listen to the people who are angry about the last 40 years and stop playing the GOP game and pledge to tear trickle down out by the roots and restore financial regulation, steep progressive taxation, and make education and health care basic rights?

Cuz that's how we win. But to do it we're going to have to be willing to infuriate CNN, the networks, their corporate advertisers, rich donors and a lot of the "Democratic" punditry who are (very well) paid by the Plutes to work the other side of the aisle. Say goodbye to Andrea Mitchell, Paul Begala, Tom Friedman, Chris Matthews, James Carville, Donna Brazile, and Eleanor Clift.
                                You either believe in incrementalism or you don't. If you don't you're going to be disappointed. It took the Republicans 38 years to tear down what FDR built and it's not going to get fixed in one Presidency (Obama's) like all the Susan Sarandon's thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X