Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Not only that but it takes a long time to get to leadership.
    How old is Paul Ryan?
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      How old is Paul Ryan?
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Ironic that the Party of Youth has someone pushing 80 and the Crotchety Old Party is lead by a relative kid

They need an Obama style person in leadership. Nancy has been a good soldier for years but new blood is needed at the top.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Ironic that the Party of Youth has someone pushing 80 and the Crotchety Old Party is lead by a relative kid
          You know the expression. The only thing sadder than an old hippie is a young conservative.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

They need an Obama style person in leadership. Nancy has been a good soldier for years but new blood is needed at the top.
            That's fine. I personally don't care about age, sex, religion, or color. I only care about policy. Nancy is years younger to me than Paul Ryan. Paul Ryan's ideas are older than dirt and more dangerous than plutonium.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

A good exercise is to figure out which Dem Congresscritters you've actually heard of and who've made a good impression. That presumably would be a good place to start for the next Speaker.

I know of Steny Hoyer for example as well as John Lewis. Hoyer is about Pelosi's age and Lewis while a Civil Rights legend must also be getting up there in years. So discount those two.

Schiff in CA and Elijah Cummings from MD have done a stellar job fighting GOP knucks in hearings and investigations. Cummings is pushing 70 but Schiff is only in his 50's.

From my home state Moulton and Kennedy have been pretty high profile. Kennedy is probably biding his time for a Senate seat to open up (both MA senators are in their 70's while he's in his 30's). Like how Moulton took down a thoroughly corrupt Dem congressman in a primary a few years ago.

Other than Tim Ryan can't think of anybody else that stands out.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                A good exercise is to figure out which Dem Congresscritters you've actually heard of and who've made a good impression. That presumably would be a good place to start for the next Speaker.

I know of Steny Hoyer for example as well as John Lewis. Hoyer is about Pelosi's age and Lewis while a Civil Rights legend must also be getting up there in years. So discount those two.

Schiff in CA and Elijah Cummings from MD have done a stellar job fighting GOP knucks in hearings and investigations. Cummings is pushing 70 but Schiff is only in his 50's.

From my home state Moulton and Kennedy have been pretty high profile. Kennedy is probably biding his time for a Senate seat to open up (both MA senators are in their 70's while he's in his 30's). Like how Moulton took down a thoroughly corrupt Dem congressman in a primary a few years ago.

Other than Tim Ryan can't think of anybody else that stands out.
                Ted Leiu (sp?)

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Joaquin Castro 43, Ted Lieu 48, Keith Ellison 54, Adam Schiff 57, Henry Cuellar 63.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Joaquin Castro 43, Ted Lieu 48, Keith Ellison 54, Adam Schiff 57, Henry Cuellar 63.
                    You need good cat herders, something Nancy and Steny are very good at. The policy wonks get committee chairs, but the top needs to keep the Party on (the same) message
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      You need good cat herders, something Nancy and Steny are very good at. The policy wonks get committee chairs, but the top needs to keep the Party on (the same) message
                      Indeed. Need a messenger and a strategist/parliamentarian. That's why I favor one of these people who've been duking it out with the Nunes and Gowdys of the world on these bogus investigative committees. They essentially have to do both and in the examples I listed have done a good job (Schiff and Cummings).
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Schiff would be my guy...he has countered the GOP collusion bs perfectly.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Schiff or Lieu would be good choices. Ellison has too much baggage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Anyone who votes against a candidate because they are non-white or a woman is already a straight-ticket Republican voter who votes in every election because they think Baby Jesus wants them to usher in the new White Christian Age.
                            I absolutely disagree with this. I think there is a huge group of Americans with an unconscious, unacknowledged, probably unacknowledgeable bias against women and minorities. A lot of them probably vote D occasionally...just not if it's a woman. But not because of her gender, you understand - they just happen not to like her policies or personality or trustworthiness, or.....
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                              I absolutely disagree with this. I think there is a huge group of Americans with an unconscious, unacknowledged, probably unacknowledgeable bias against women and minorities. A lot of them probably vote D occasionally...just not if it's a woman. But not because of her gender, you understand - they just happen not to like her policies or personality or trustworthiness, or.....
                              She could be emotional. Only men are stable geniuses

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                                No, that was true in the 1980s. Since then they have all migrated to the GOP as part of the Great Mitosis where all the other scum have moved to the right and been sealed inside the Echo Chamber.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X