Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Regarding Pelosi...I just wish the Dems would actually get someone with some charisma in these positions.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Yeah except those knucks you hate vote when they have a reason and she is a big reason. She needs to not be Speaker of the House. As long as she is in leadership the Dems will have problems because their turnout blows.
      She's not "a big reason." They'll be given another reason. Obama was the most dignified, competent, moderate president of the last hundred years and they hated him with the passion of the mentally unstable. We have to stop self-censoring and stop self-editing and start putting forward the strongest people, and if that gives the righties the vapors so much the better. People don't vote for the Dems because they think we are cowards -- if we can't stand up to the Republican zombies how are we going to protect them from Putin? And from a certain angle they are right.

It's time to tell the "not in the face!" Dems to sit down, shut up, vote straight ticket and have the sincere, passionate left take over. Or rather, it's time for the real left to take over the party and push the moderates out of the way. Without that we just have another lost generation of leadership twiddling their thumbs (and getting personally rich) while the nation turns into a rightwing death camp.
      Last edited by Kepler; 03-28-2018, 10:34 AM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Just like running from Clinton was disaster. Not only did that lose them the Supreme Court and the Presidency but it gave Republicans majorities in both Houses of Congress.
        You and Rover can repeat this endlessly but it's still no more true than the day after the election when the Clintoinistas started looking for someone to blame for their own failure.

But Hillary is dead and gone and there's no point rehashing her. Move on. 2018 presents no problem at all for left / center cooperation. The next time we start yammering about this should be summer 2019 when the candidates start announcing for the nomination. Until then we're just one big happy family trying to drag the GOP to the lake's edge, push it in, jump in afterwards, and hold its head down long enough for it to never bother the US again.

Last edited by Kepler; 03-28-2018, 10:41 AM.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This.

It's all more Democrats running against Democrats. Their is never a coalition and that's why they consistently lose. Running from Pelosi to me spells more disaster. Just like running from Clinton was disaster. Not only did that lose them the Supreme Court and the Presidency but it gave Republicans majorities in both Houses of Congress.
          Yeah, what a disaster it was for Conor Lamb to run away from Pelosi.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            You and Rover can repeat this endlessly but it's still no more true than the day after the election when the Clintoinistas started looking for someone to blame for their own failure.

But Hillary is dead and gone and there's no point rehashing her. Move on. 2018 presents no problem at all for left / center cooperation. The next time we start yammering about this should be summer 2019 when the candidates start announcing for the nomination. Until then we're just one big happy family trying to drag the GOP to the lake's edge, push them in, jump in afterwards, and hold their head down long enough for them to never bother us again.

You're the one burying your head in the sand. Running away from Pelosi is the same ****ing behavior. Democrats NEVER LEARN.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
              Yeah, what a disaster it was for Conor Lamb to run away from Pelosi.
              Exceptions to every rule. Just wait. Conor Lamb isn't a Bernie Democrat. The fact that were so happy about him mystifies me. He's farther right than Obama and Clinton were.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Exceptions to every rule. Just wait. Conor Lamb isn't a Bernie Democrat. The fact that were so happy about him mystifies me. He's farther right than Obama and Clinton were.
                He represents a decisively red district--he's about as far left as anyone can be while still winning. The fact that you don't grasp that mystifies me. The district dictates the strategy. If running away from Pelosi gets us centrists in red districts, I'm happy with that.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                  He represents a decisively red district--he's about as far left as anyone can be while still winning. The fact that you don't grasp that mystifies me. The district dictates the strategy. If running away from Pelosi gets us centrists in red districts, I'm happy with that.
                  I'm not happy with that. I don't think we should have to cannibalize ourselves for votes. Republicans never do that and that's why they win.

EDIT: I shouldn't say never. When they do it they move farther right.
                  Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 03-28-2018, 10:54 AM.

Comment

He flipped a seat. That's what matters. That's why we're happy. I'm probably the farthest left person on the board and I will take every blue dog and every DINO we can get in red districts. Now, the minute we have a chance to replace them with someone farther left, yes, do it in a heartbeat. And whenever he says "well, I think we should move farther right because..." we nod and grin and do nothing to appease him.

But the first job is eradicating Republicans. We will circle back around and order our own house later. Blue dogs are perfectly fine as long as we give them nothing and don't let them anywhere near the platform. We can use them to discredit GOP blather about all Dems being insane Satanist Ivy Leaguers who bathe.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 03-28-2018, 10:58 AM.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Yeah except those knucks you hate vote when they have a reason and she is a big reason. She needs to not be Speaker of the House. As long as she is in leadership the Dems will have problems because their turnout blows.
                      It took them about 7 seconds to transfer their hatred of Reid to Schumer. Pelosi to anyone will be the same.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        He flipped a seat. That's what matters. That's why we're happy. I'm probably the farthest left person on the board and I will take every blue dog and every DINO we can get in red districts. Now, the minute we have a chance to replace them with someone farther left, yes, do it in a heartbeat. And whenever he says "well, I think we should move farther right because..." we nod and grin and do nothing to appease him.

But the first job is eradicating Republicans. We will circle back around and order our own house later. Blue dogs are perfectly fine as long as we give them nothing and don't let them anywhere near the platform. We can use them to discredit GOP blather about all Dems being insane Satanist Ivy Leaguers who bathe.
                        I hope you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          It took them about 7 seconds to transfer their hatred of Reid to Schumer. Pelosi to anyone will be the same.
                          Exactly. It doesn't matter. They continue to move farther right every cycle and the Dems move right along with them. And then they cry.

Comment

I hope you're right.
                            Come with me if you want to live.
                            Cornell University

Comment

I'm not happy with that. I don't think we should have to cannibalize ourselves for votes. Republicans never do that and that's why they win.

EDIT: I shouldn't say never. When they do it they move farther right.
                              Actually they do that quite a bit especially when Itch McConnell is concerned.

But, were Nancy Pelosi not coming up to the end of her career, I'd agree completely to not let knucks' dictate who we choose to lead us. However, if she's come to symbolize entrenched power that's gone stale, whether that's a fair description or not, then I think she should call it a career sometime after this current election. She absolutely deserves to be Speaker again if the Dems win this year. But, she's been Dem House leader since like 2003. Its not a bad idea for 1) Dem candidates to run on a "shake up the party" platform since that's what voters want, and 2) to transition to some new leadership sometime in the next Congress which makes it more orderly. This gives Bernouts and ConservaDems and everyone in between the chance to settle which wing will be calling the shots.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                                You think the knucks will be enamored with the next speaker? They will hate the next one just as much, won't make a difference.
                                Its different just like it was with Clinton. The name (and sex) brings out a special breed of hatred. If it was Sam Pelosi he would be hated but not with the vitriol. These clowns truly hate women with any power.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X