Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Speaking of Wisconsin, this is why I don't understand knuckledraggers...

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...ons/461545002/

Sooo...Scott Walker wants to cancel two special elections because his party might lose. Even though if these seats did flip the GOP would still be in power until the general election at least. What am I missing here? Its like the PA redistricting idiocy that looks like it got shot down. There's zero upside, but the downside is that it correctly paints the party in power as corrupt azzholes with little interest in democratic elections.
    The GOP has made the calculation that after Garland they can get away with anything. Not a single one of their supporters will withhold support as a protest about process and legitimacy -- all that matters to them now is power. The right no longer cares about rule of law, they only care about winning.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      The GOP has made the calculation that after Garland they can get away with anything. Not a single one of their supporters will withhold support as a protest about process and legitimacy -- all that matters to them now is power. The right no longer cares about rule of law, they only care about winning.
      I agree, but there's also something called strategy. After Creepy Roy Moore got bounced in Alabama, one would think the aura of invincibility would be reconsidered. Not sure why my incompetent great uncle Karl for example isn't calling up Walker and advising him to at least make it look good that he cares about fair elections even though he actually doesn't. There's zero upside to all of this. It sort of reminds me of where the GOP was in 2006, thinking that gerrymandering and campaign $$$ would allow them to get away with bribery, bigamy, mistress choking, house page poking, wife beating, extortion, incompetence, child molester as House speaker, etc etc.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I agree, but there's also something called strategy. After Creepy Roy Moore got bounced in Alabama, one would think the aura of invincibility would be reconsidered. Not sure why my incompetent great uncle Karl for example isn't calling up Walker and advising him to at least make it look good that he cares about fair elections even though he actually doesn't. There's zero upside to all of this.
        They have decided it doesn't matter when their voters never even hear about any of this inside the Fox killing jar.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Which is why you lose middle America. Snobbery does make friends or influence people.
          Blue collar snobbery is still snobbery, Joe. "That's your education talkin'" is more destructive, frankly.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            Blue collar snobbery is still snobbery, Joe. "That's your education talkin'" is more destructive, frankly.
            Cornell University

Comment

Snobbery is in. If you can't look down on stupid people, what's the point of succeeding?

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Yeah, but there has been a massive shift in the education gap over the last 20 years. Smerconish highlighted this yesterday on his show. College-educated voters have started to swing left by a significant margin (of change). Conversely, those with only high school education have shifted to the republicans.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's over 55% now.
                Last edited by Kepler; 03-27-2018, 02:40 PM.
                Cornell University

Comment

A second judge has ordered Walker to hold special elections

https://www.salon.com/2018/03/27/sec...ial-elections/
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...pelosi-n860451

All running away from Nancy Pelosi. Which means they're running away from Democratic policy. Which means that all the "Berners" out there are not going to get what they want this election cycle. We're going to get a bunch of Democrats who waffle on real Democratic ideas that need implementing.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

All running away from Nancy Pelosi. Which means they're running away from Democratic policy. Which means that all the "Berners" out there are not going to get what they want this election cycle. We're going to get a bunch of Democrats who waffle on real Democratic ideas that need implementing.
                      Not really. If the Dems take back the House, Pelosi should do a one year victory lap as a thank you for her service (and I hold her least to blame for the Dems current standing - she did her job and passed Obama's agenda unlike Harry Reid). Then, she needs to step down and hand the reigns over to someone else in time for the 2020 elections. I'm indifferent as to whether that person is a hard core progressive or a more center lefty but that would be the time for the progressives to flex their muscle.

Comment

Not really. If the Dems take back the House, Pelosi should do a one year victory lap as a thank you for her service (and I hold her least to blame for the Dems current standing - she did her job and passed Obama's agenda unlike Harry Reid). Then, she needs to step down and hand the reigns over to someone else in time for the 2020 elections. I'm indifferent as to whether that person is a hard core progressive or a more center lefty but that would be the time for the progressives to flex their muscle.
                        I'd prefer Pelosi staying. She's very effective and the knucks who flip out over her are exactly the ones I want speaking in public for the right. If we on the left ever get our act together pragmatic centrists like Nancy will suddenly discover that they are really fire-breathing leftists. Pols don't have principles -- they move with the fashion.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Its called strategy Scooby. Nancy Pelosi is the devil to all Republican voters and will be used as a way to paint every candidate under the same brush. You neutralize that by walking away from her. You know do the opposite of what they did with Hillary Clinton. Not one of them will hold to it when they get into office. Same thing Republicans did when they took back Congress. They were all "Anti War" and "Fiscal Responsibility" and "Anti Dubya" yet as soon as they got in they flipped right back to the same BS they always do.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            I'd prefer Pelosi staying. She's very effective and the knucks who flip out over her are exactly the ones I want speaking in public for the right. If we on the left ever get our act together pragmatic centrists like Nancy will suddenly discover that they are really fire-breathing leftists. Pols don't have principles -- they move with the fashion.
                            Yeah except those knucks you hate vote when they have a reason and she is a big reason. She needs to not be Speaker of the House. As long as she is in leadership the Dems will have problems because their turnout blows.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Yeah except those knucks you hate vote when they have a reason and she is a big reason. She needs to not be Speaker of the House. As long as she is in leadership the Dems will have problems because their turnout blows.
                              You think the knucks will be enamored with the next speaker? They will hate the next one just as much, won't make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                                You think the knucks will be enamored with the next speaker? They will hate the next one just as much, won't make a difference.
                                This.

It's all more Democrats running against Democrats. Their is never a coalition and that's why they consistently lose. Running from Pelosi to me spells more disaster. Just like running from Clinton was disaster. Not only did that lose them the Supreme Court and the Presidency but it gave Republicans majorities in both Houses of Congress.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X