Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    You mean another "CA is in complete chaos" story is BS? The hell, you say.
    Ranks up there with the "Minnesota is going R in the General" in the amount of times people say it but it is never true
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Ranks up there with the "Minnesota is going R in the General" in the amount of times people say it but it is never true
    See also: Texas will be purple in 10 more years.

Texas has been "about to go purple" since I was in grad school.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Yep, still here

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    For all of the press bleating about Dems getting shut out of competitive races in CA due to the top 2 finishers rule regardless of party affiliation, we should note that this didn't actually end up happening last night. There was a big shut out in a major race however. Unfortunately for the "Dems in disarray" crowd, it was for the US Senate race, and it was the GOP who won't be fielding a candidate against 105 year old Diane Feinstein.
    They were also hoping to get top two for the Governors race and leave Republicans with only local races to vote on. So 1 for 2.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    They were also hoping to get top two for the Governors race and leave Republicans with only local races to vote on. So 1 for 2.
    Yep. That would've been ideal. They failed on that one. They shouldn't have but they did.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

Also, the GOP candidate who harassed a trans woman in CA lost. BADLY.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Yep. That would've been ideal. They failed on that one. They shouldn't have but they did.
    That's a bit of a stretch. Dems did well out in CA and now need to cut the GOP delegation in half on election day. A total wipeout of all targeted races next them about a third of the seats they need to recapture the House.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

The leading candidate wanted an R to run against because it'd make him all but a shoo in to win.

Yep, still here

There are also 2.6 million remaining votes to count from Tuesday. Vote by mail: Effective but slow. If the House comes down to a few California districts in November, we might not know who controls it for a week or two.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

wubba lubba dub dub

At least he's honest about having checked out, on his senior slide, so to speak.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Feinstein is literally begging and pleading with her fellow members to sign the bill to stop the family separations. Not one Republican so far has agreed including all those brave warriors like Susan "The Fraud" Collins, Jeff "It Isnt Like I Have Any Political Future" Flake" and John "Sometimes Maverick" McCain. What a disgrace...
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

Feinstein is literally begging and pleading with her fellow members to sign the bill to stop the family separations. Not one Republican so far has agreed including all those brave warriors like Susan "The Fraud" Collins, Jeff "It Isnt Like I Have Any Political Future" Flake" and John "Sometimes Maverick" McCain. What a disgrace...
    Pro-life, but only when they're in the womb.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

That's how extreme their positions are right now. To get leverage on Democrats the Republicans have realized that they must have the indefensible for a policy to begin with. It's the difference between a party that will compromise to make incremental progress and a party that will not.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

No friggin BLEEP!
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

It's a clusterf-ck in the World's Greatest Deliberative Body this morning as Republicans literally shout and scream at one another over maneuvers, betrayals, and posturing.

But as things usually go with the Freedom Caucus, the whole thing kicked off Wednesday afternoon with a literal shouting match on the House floor. Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC), leader of the maniacs, confronted House Speaker Paul Ryan on the floor during an unrelated vote, accusing Ryan of doing a bait-and-switch with conservative bills and lying to Meadows about it, and saying that two of the provisions he wanted in the compromise bill were left out.

Ryan has apparently given in and told Meadows the compromise bill—the one that's supposed to bring in the moderates—will have his provisions. Meanwhile, the moderates are completely out of the loop and have no idea what Ryan and Meadows are getting into the bill. Rep. Jeff Denham (R-CA), who has been leading the moderate faction in this fight, "told Chuck Todd on MTP Daily that 'it is unbeknownst to him' what the Freedom Caucus wants. Moreover, he said that everything that the conservative caucus wanted was included in the final compromise bill text."

Adding to the chaos, a drafting error brought the House Rules Committee into an emergency session late Wednesday night. One of the bills would have given Trump $125 billion for his border wall instead of the agreed upon $25 billion. Rules set up a procedural vote to fix it for Thursday morning that is likely to kick off the day of debate and fighting, the result of which is probably going to be abject failure.

What a swath of conservative Republicans—who don't trust Ryan and think they're being cheated, as usual—want now is "to make sure the President is very visible in his support for both bills this week," as Rep. Mark Walker (R-NC) from the other conservative wing, the Republican Study Committee puts it. "They want to see it constantly as we move forward."
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    It's a clusterf-ck in the World's Greatest Deliberative Body this morning as Republicans literally shout and scream at one another over maneuvers, betrayals, and posturing.
    Republican and moderate should never occur in the same sentence.

Republican and moderate should never occur in the same sentence.
    Moderate Republican: he's not personally a racist... but it's not a deal breaker.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Thread Information