Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    The US Senate actually makes a rule change that is sensible and < gasp > garnered bi-partisan support.

Thank you Maile for proving it still is possible.
    If the GOP thought they could get away with making it difficult for Duckworth to get on the floor for votes, they would. Let's not pretend they suddenly found a conscience.

Comment

• Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
      If the GOP thought they could get away with making it difficult for Duckworth to get on the floor for votes, they would. Let's not pretend they suddenly found a conscience.
      They are the party of voter suppression after all.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
        ...[R]eal accomplishment needs to be lasting and not subject to repeal because the wrong guy wins the next election...
        Let's remember that sword cuts both ways. I'm hoping that most of the damage done by the Trump Administration is subject to repeal because the right guy wins the next election.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
          Let's remember that sword cuts both ways. I'm hoping that most of the damage done by the Trump Administration is subject to repeal because the right guy wins the next election.
          Some of it obviously will be. The tax scam not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            Some of it obviously will be. The tax scam not so much.
            We'll need a complete sweep by Dems of Congress and by liberals of the Democratic party to undo The Heist. We're talking about the sort of complete change of mind that accompanied the Progressive Era or the New Deal. There's no way to undo the rot with the cast of characters that inhabit DC right now, from both parties. It's a Plutefest.

Most of Dump's damage will be undone by restaffing with competent people, re-passing legislation, and re-regulating. We should take this as an opportunity to go a lot farther than before. Use Dumpy as the Fire of London and build a new and better city rather than trying to rebuild the old, half-as-sed one. Hated Obamacare? Fine, here's Single Payer. Hated Sarbanes-Oxley? Fine, here's real regulation.
            Last edited by Kepler; 04-19-2018, 11:46 AM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Chuck takes the high road..

@vicenews: BREAKING: Senator Chuck Schumer (@SenSchumer) changes position and says he will submit a bill aimed at decriminalizing marijuana. See the exclusive interview on VICE News Tonight at 7:30PM on @HBO https://***********/vicenews/status/...287744/video/1
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Chuck takes the high road..

@vicenews: BREAKING: Senator Chuck Schumer (@SenSchumer) changes position and says he will submit a bill aimed at decriminalizing marijuana. See the exclusive interview on VICE News Tonight at 7:30PM on @HBO https://***********/vicenews/status/...287744/video/1
                And he's not even up for re-election (unless he's trying to make Gillibrand look good). This is the proper way to get Sessions to shut up about it.

Comment

Risk factors in 2018 House races

Out of the 65 GOP incumbents rated as less than "Solid," 49 were first elected in 2010 or after, meaning more than three quarters have never had to face this kind of political climate before.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    We'll need a complete sweep by Dems of Congress and by liberals of the Democratic party to undo The Heist. We're talking about the sort of complete change of mind that accompanied the Progressive Era or the New Deal. There's no way to undo the rot with the cast of characters that inhabit DC right now, from both parties. It's a Plutefest.

Most of Dump's damage will be undone by restaffing with competent people, re-passing legislation, and re-regulating. We should take this as an opportunity to go a lot farther than before. Use Dumpy as the Fire of London and build a new and better city rather than trying to rebuild the old, half-as-sed one. Hated Obamacare? Fine, here's Single Payer. Hated Sarbanes-Oxley? Fine, here's real regulation.
                    No way loaded Dems pump up their own taxes.
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

"Conservatives" are opposed to Senator Tammy Duckworth bringing her newborn baby to the senate floor because she might 'weaponize' it. Apparently they fear it is a high-capacity infant and spews twice as much **** as the average senator.

The Senate did vote unanimously to allow it.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        No way loaded Dems pump up their own taxes.
                        You're wrong.

I am an upper middle class liberal who wants to have taxes raised on people like me.

Conservatives make the mistake of assigning their nefarious motives to liberals. The point is liberals have different nefarious motives.

Ours are actually much darker.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          You're wrong.

I am an upper middle class liberal who wants to have taxes raised on people like me.

Conservatives make the mistake of assigning their nefarious motives to liberals. The point is liberals have different nefarious motives.

Ours are actually much darker.
                          except YOU are not in congress.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

POTY was the first step in my master plan.

But point taken.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              Bankroll my campaign and I'll hold a retirement party for Chellie Pingree this November.

Comment

I got to sit in the house for about 10 minutes a few days ago. Does that count for anything :P

Comment

Working...
                                X