Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    You are mistaken. Every Dem Senator voted against the tax heist even the most vulnerable ones.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...bill-vote.html
    Thanks for pointing that out, I looked through his record and it said he supported the tax reform bills so I thought it was that one but apparently what I saw was a different bill. That said the guy has too many knuckle dragger positions including voting for decreased Dodd Frank regulations among other things.
    Last edited by trixR4kids; 05-03-2018 at 03:50 PM.

"I guess at some point you have to ask the question, how does Sarah Huckabee Sanders go to work every day if she was sent out there to mislead the American people? asked GOP Rep. Charlie Dent, leader of the moderate Republican caucus.

Yep, still here

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    The problem is Joe Manchin is basically bought by the financial industry and his seat is not all that safe right now. The guy voted for the tax heist if I'm not mistaken and basically represents everything that is wrong with the party. I'm sure the DCCC supports him though because they're ran by morons.
    Manchin is infinitely preferable to felon Don Blankenship. That's your option in West Virginia.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

I get that but I think ideally you'd still have a primary challenger and run someone more progressive against him.

Yep, still here

I get that but I think ideally you'd still have a primary challenger and run someone more progressive against him.
    And win said primary, so your progressive gets 28% in WV in November.

Great plan.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Didn't realize it but he actually does have a challenger. But your logic that a primary winner would go on to be less competitive in a general election is pretty terrible.
    Last edited by trixR4kids; 05-03-2018 at 05:13 PM.

Didn't realize it but he actually does have a challenger. But your logic that a primary winner would go on to be less competitive in a general election is pretty terrible.
    Only if R and D general results were independent trials. They are not. The dependencies mean while a more liberal D may inspire greater D turnout she (it's WV, who are we kidding?, he) will generate greater R turnout and also move greater D to R losses than R to D gains.

Now it's true those dependencies are weakening as R disappears into the Sunken Place. There may come a day when you just try to shoot the moon with every seat, knowing the game is 100% to inspire your side and the other side has become completely cut off. But we're not there, yet.
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-04-2018 at 09:06 AM.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Right, cause we've never seen that kind of thing happen on the other side with the Tea Partiers.

Todd Akin, Roy Moore, etc...

We all know why Roy Moore lost lol.

It was nice to see him lose, for whatever reason, but it's a shame his loss gets blamed on his fancy for young girls, with little regard to his history of bigotry and his complete disregard for the constitution while he was under oath to uphold it. The guy was dangerous to a lot more than young girls.

I wish that's why he lost (and the dem turnout was obviously great in that one) but from what I understand the suppressed turnout on the other side was mostly what did it and if I had to guess that was the main problem.

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    It was nice to see him lose, for whatever reason, but it's a shame his loss gets blamed on his fancy for young girls, with little regard to his history of bigotry and his complete disregard for the constitution while he was under oath to uphold it. The guy was dangerous to a lot more than young girls.
    Alabamans only actually care about one of those things. They like to claim the others, but they're only interested, in hush tones, of course, about the S-E-X.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

But by your logic, he won the primary and therefore was the best chance for the GOP to win.

Just because you win a primary doesn't mean you've got the best chance of winning a general. Those are two different electorates.

I get that, the problem is you're using the absolute worst possible example to prove your point.

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...nt-and-insider

My favorite meat is hot dog, by the way. That is my favorite meat, he told a gathering of supporters as they joined him recently for a casual dinner organized by his campaign. My second favorite meat is hamburger. And, everyone says, oh, dont you prefer steak? Its like, I know steaks are great, but I like hot dog best, and I like hamburger next best.
    Oh my god, Mitt, stop. Just...stop. I don't even want to make fun of this. It's just painful.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post

Oh my god, Mitt, stop. Just...stop. I don't even want to make fun of this. It's just painful.
    Makes sense. Practice on hot dogs before having to fellate dump daily

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post

There's a reason he has to face a primary. Half the state sees him for the carpetbagging, phony, SOB that he is.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

I highly doubt Willard M. Romney has ever eaten a hot dog in his life.
    A bad cause requires many words.

So I think McConnell is one of the biggest PoS alive and Id like him to sufffer but wow.
    Theyre now eating their own

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...rnd=1525385642

RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    So I think McConnell is one of the biggest PoS alive and Id like him to sufffer but wow.
    Theyre now eating their own

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...rnd=1525385642
    That is fantastic.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Thread Information