Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Isnt there a religion thread you could discuss this in?
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      It was a natural progression, and doesn't really apply to religion. It's more about using lots of money to make bad decorating tastes.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
        Go BU baby. Only the best and the brightest for us!
        We finally found the key to get Rover supporting Berniecrats!
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          I think the point is that church has nothing to do with religion.

It is tough to try to do new things -- it's always easy to criticize. But for example the Iceleandic rocketship church is awesome. All it needs is to equip Jesus with friggin' lasers.

Look at this church in Arkansas. I think it's the most divinely inspired building I have ever seen. My spirituality would feel very comfortable there.

So, it can be done. Just don't expect the people who run your local chamber of commerce or real estate development association to give you anything but gaudy consumerist shart.
          Last edited by Kepler; 06-27-2018, 11:22 AM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            It is tough to try to do new things -- it's always easy to criticize. But for example the Iceleandic rocketship church is awesome. All it needs is to equip Jesus with friggin' lasers.
            Kinda plain on the inside though. Darn boring Lutherans.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              Kinda plain on the inside though. Darn boring Lutherans.
              It takes all kinds. I wouldn't want all Lutheran all the time, but Baroque can be an overrich meal.

Give me this:

over this Donald Trump crap:

Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I say give me as tacky as is possible. This is purely as a tourist, mind you, not as any sort of worshiper. Based on that measurement, Eastern Orthodox is where it's at.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  I say give me as tacky as is possible. This is purely as a tourist, mind you, not as any sort of worshiper. Based on that measurement, Eastern Orthodox is where it's at.
                  The Hindus would like a word.

Cornell University

Comment

Probably the only (future) member of Congress with her own asteroid (23238 Ocasio-Cortez).

The rest gaze at the heavens and see themselves in the stars.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      It takes all kinds. I wouldn't want all Lutheran all the time, but Baroque can be an overrich meal.

Give me this:

over this Donald Trump crap:

One is Ponderosa. The other is Commanders Palace. Both will adequately serve your needs.

-----
                      BTW, the next speaker, if it is not Nancy, will need a course on how to herd cats effectively. Ryan just can't get his troops in line.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

We went here the other day. Pretty cool.

Comment

That’s a neat building
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            We went here the other day. Pretty cool.

Wat that?
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Wat that?
                              Boooooooooo

Comment

Hagia Sophia

https://previews.123rf.com/images/ro...e-landmark.jpg

https://images.fineartamerica.com/im...le-burgess.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X