Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I have to say I'm somewhat surprised the Justice Department hasn't caved on any of this. Certainly Chump wouldn't mind turning the country into a banana republic. I wouldn't have expected his own appointees to hold out on him, but people have surprised us before. I remember thinking during the Bush II fiasco that it fell to John freakin' Ashcroft to be the only guy in the admin with an ounce of integrity (refusing to sign torture memo while in hospital).
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

lol

I almost can't believe I live in a country where 11 lawmakers would sign that piece of trash.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So basically a third of the Freedom Caucus. Yawn.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          lol

I almost can't believe I live in a country where 11 lawmakers would sign that piece of trash.
          I'm actually surprised it's ONLY 11. That just shows how cowardly many other lawmakers are. They are such wastes of breathable air they can't even sign their name to something they probably believe in.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
            I'm actually surprised it's ONLY 11. That just shows how cowardly many other lawmakers are. They are such wastes of breathable air they can't even sign their name to something they probably believe in.
            Those 11 and the other 200 that didn't sign it get to have it both ways anyway. Scooter Libby was pardoned. That cemented what I already knew about the law.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
              Donnelly has an uphill battle for sure, but I don't think you can write off that seat yet. The primary focus is his vote on the tax bill. I haven't seen any of the republican candidates mention it yet, but I see at least one FB ad a day, whether it is from some group admonishing him for "voting against hard working Hoosiers" or from Donnelly himself about why he voted against it.

For comparison sake, Republican Todd Young was elected with 52.1% (about 250,000 votes, I think) of the vote in 2016.
              Donnelly is actually polling well against two of the people who were thought to be front runners in the republican primary for the US Senate seat Donnelly currently holds. Donnelly would win against either Luke Messer or Todd Rokita an April survey showed. Surprisingly to me, both Donnelly and the Todd Young have almost the same "somewhat" or "strongly" disapprove numbers, 32% and 33%. Everybody hates politicians, but they keep voting for the same ones.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                RINOs are OK with those dealings. Best not to lump them in with those who actually want America to succeed.

Comment

Cruz 47, O'Rourke 44 in Quinnipiac poll

Making the GOP have to spend to defend Texas
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    Cruz 47, O'Rourke 44 in Quinnipiac poll

Making the GOP have to spend to defend Texas
                    Why wouldn't any candidate with a brain put effort towards getting votes? Don't want to pull a Hillary in Wisconsin, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      So basically a third of the Freedom Caucus. Yawn.
                      Hey sweet, a local rep is one of the 11. Too bad I'm not living about 30 miles east...

And I'm pretty sure she isn't part of the Freedom Caucus.

Comment

Making discrimination profitable again...

Comment

The US Senate actually makes a rule change that is sensible and < gasp > garnered bi-partisan support.

Thank you Maile for proving it still is possible.
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                            Whenever I see a story like this I think to myself: people are continually telling me that nothing got accomplished in the Obama era (whether or not they hold him responsible). If that's true, why would any of us care when the GOP does something like this?
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              Whenever I see a story like this I think to myself: people are continually telling me that nothing got accomplished in the Obama era (whether or not they hold him responsible). If that's true, why would any of us care when the GOP does something like this?
                              I partially agree with this, but real accomplishment needs to be lasting and not subject to repeal because the wrong guy wins the next election. This isn't Obama's fault, more of a sign of how dysfunctional our government has become.

Presidents of either party now seem to accomplish a lot by executive order, and as we all know, many of those get reversed when the next president takes office since the next president elected is always of another party. (IINM once in the last 90 years this was not true, GHWB in 1988) The CFPB was a big deal, as were Obamas appointments to the NLRB and the passage of the ACA. But a two-term republican president with a republican congress would likely dismantle the ACA, leaving it completely unworkable, and the ACA was to be the hallmark of the Obama presidency, especially if it opened the door to truly "universal" health care for everyone. We are still reaping the benefits of Medicare and Medicaid, the EPA and Social Security. I wonder if after 10 years we will say that about anything that happened during the Obama presidency. It helps that right now I doubt the republicans will hold the White House after the 2020 election.

Comment

Joe Manchin strikes again

Comment

Working...
                                X