Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    They just need the 51 for Judges. Harry Reid and Turtle Boy took care of that. ...
    Dumbest thing Reid ever did is give McConnell the "well Harry did it first!" out.

Harry just didn't think about the flip side of his actions, i.e., what about the day you're the minority party, Harry.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Dumbest thing Reid ever did is give McConnell the "well Harry did it first!" out.
      Do you really think that mattered at all? Remember what they did to Garland?

The Republicans are terrorists, not legislators. They are going to do whatever is necessary to get their way, whether that's a nuclear option or a Reichstag Fire.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Do you really think that mattered at all? Remember what they did to Garland?

The Republicans are terrorists, not legislators. They are going to do whatever is necessary to get their way, whether that's a nuclear option or a Reichstag Fire.
        I tend to agree. They would've found another way. They always find a way. That's their nature. It's easy to do. I imagine they had meetings when the Kenyan became President and asked themselves what they needed to do and they did it. And now with Dump in office all their dreams are coming true.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Do you really think that mattered at all?
          Yes, I do.
          Back then I said Reid was making a mistake and he should think about the day where he's not majority.

Harry opened the door.
          Mitch is more than willing to keep using it.

Harry gave the Rs a play-toy. Garland got whacked with it.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Yes, I do.
            Back then I said Reid was making a mistake and he should think about the day where he's not majority.

Harry opened the door.

The Garland thing would've happened anyway. They hung their hat on no Judges in a Presidential election year for that. They may have not done the Gorsuch Supreme Court only takes 51 votes ploy but I doubt it. They were going to get their new Thomas on the Court no matter what.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Questioning a Senator's public voting record or stances? That's what we do here.
              Questioning where a Senator gets their donations from? That's what we do here.

Now imagine if someone went after your private life and posted it here because of your comments in this forum.
              We arent public servants...talk about apples and oranges.

Senators are elected to represent us, we absolutely have the right to know anything relevant about them and whether they are doing that. If they want to keep their privacy go back to the private sector.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Yes, I do.

Harry opened the door.

This is nonsense. The GOP is an out of control cement mixer barreling down a steep grade towards an elementary school. They don't give a sh-t if there's a stop sign at the bottom of the hill.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  Yes, I do.

Harry opened the door.

Garland got whacked by McConnell's bat. That would've happened regardless of anything Reid did or didn't do.

But go on with your BSABSVR shtick.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    We arent public servants...talk about apples and oranges.
                    Sen. Heitkamp's brother (a radio talk host in Fargo and former D in the state legislature) went after the private life of a Fargo Forum columnist. Is the Forum columnist a public servant?
                    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 05-14-2018, 09:55 AM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

If there was no precedent the uproar if McConnell had tried it first would've been, well, uproarious.

It came back to bite Reid; it will come back to bite McConnell.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Sen. Heitkamp's brother (a radio talk host in Fargo) went after the private life of a Fargo Forum columnist. Is the Forum columnist a public servant?
                        Public figures and media should not go after non-public citizens' private lives.

Now, who's your President again?
                        Cornell University

Comment

Sen. Heitkamp's brother (a radio talk host in Fargo and former D in the state legislature) went after the private life of a Fargo Forum columnist. Is the Forum columnist a public servant?
                          I would argue yes, but their family isnt. I misread what you were saying though I thought you were talking about the private life of Heitkamp (her specific private life can be examined) not the columnist of the Forum. It is definitely bad form to do that though not really that uncommon.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            It is definitely bad form to do that though not really that uncommon.
                            Port, the Forum columnist, is far from a sympathetic figure; however, I do believe this will backfire on the Heitkamps (the Senator and her brother). It's not the way politics is done in ND traditionally.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Port, the Forum columnist, is far from a sympathetic figure; however, I do believe this will backfire on the Heitkamps (the Senator and her brother). It's not the way politics is done in ND traditionally.
                              I expect her to be out of office. North Dakota deserves a full fledged Dump supporter in both Seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                I expect her to be out of office. North Dakota deserves a full fledged Dump supporter in both Seats.
                                Agreed, although her name sounds like a Nazi and I’m sure that appeals to some

Comment

Working...
                                X