Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Its different just like it was with Clinton. The name (and sex) brings out a special breed of hatred. If it was Sam Pelosi he would be hated but not with the vitriol. These clowns truly hate women with any power.
    Thank you for this post. I couldn't agree more.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

One of the biggest changes in American politics is how much the GOP has become a self-cannibalizing, self-destroying caricature of its former self. The GOP used to be run like US Steel: all arguments were inside the closed executive office and it was all smiling photo ops when they appeared before the boobs. They were a perfectly run killing machine -- that's how they destroyed the middle class and rolled back the American Dream for the robber baron Briber Class. The fact that they now air all their dirty laundry in public and turn on each other in cannibalistic orgies is hilarious. After the Dems held the title from the late 60s through the mid 00s, the GOP is now the undisputed f-ck up party.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        She's not "a big reason." They'll be given another reason. Obama was the most dignified, competent, moderate president of the last hundred years and they hated him with the passion of the mentally unstable. We have to stop self-censoring and stop self-editing and start putting forward the strongest people, and if that gives the righties the vapors so much the better. People don't vote for the Dems because they think we are cowards -- if we can't stand up to the Republican zombies how are we going to protect them from Putin? And from a certain angle they are right.

It's time to tell the "not in the face!" Dems to sit down, shut up, vote straight ticket and have the sincere, passionate left take over. Or rather, it's time for the real left to take over the party and push the moderates out of the way. Without that we just have another lost generation of leadership twiddling their thumbs (and getting personally rich) while the nation turns into a rightwing death camp.
        Obama is a Black Man...only thing they hate worse than women is uppity Negroes with book learnin and power.

You have to win to have the power to change things. What you are suggesting has ****ed the Democrats for decades. They need to learn to play the game again or they will always be second place. It isnt enough to have the right ideas you need to be in place to implement them. Right now not supporting Pelosi is the best way to do that...just ask a certain victor in Pennsylvania. She is toxic in close elections just like Trump is.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          Actually they do that quite a bit especially when Itch McConnell is concerned.

But, were Nancy Pelosi not coming up to the end of her career, I'd agree completely to not let knucks' dictate who we choose to lead us. However, if she's come to symbolize entrenched power that's gone stale, whether that's a fair description or not, then I think she should call it a career sometime after this current election. She absolutely deserves to be Speaker again if the Dems win this year. But, she's been Dem House leader since like 2003. Its not a bad idea for 1) Dem candidates to run on a "shake up the party" platform since that's what voters want, and 2) to transition to some new leadership sometime in the next Congress which makes it more orderly. This gives Bernouts and ConservaDems and everyone in between the chance to settle which wing will be calling the shots.
          If the best leader the Dems have is Nancy Pelosi we are in serious trouble. She is 78 years old for chrissakes. The Dems are supposed to be the Party of the youth.

I am not saying let the Knucks dicatte it, I am saying you say you wont support her until she is your boss. Basic politics 101.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Obama is a Black Man...only thing they hate worse than women is uppity Negroes with book learnin and power.

You have to win to have the power to change things. What you are suggesting has ****ed the Democrats for decades. They need to learn to play the game again or they will always be second place. It isnt enough to have the right ideas you need to be in place to implement them. Right now not supporting Pelosi is the best way to do that...just ask a certain victor in Pennsylvania. She is toxic in close elections just like Trump is.
            Exactly. Get a white man in charge.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Thank you for this post. I couldn't agree more.
              I know you and I have always been on the same page about how Women in Leadership are treated. It is downright disgusting even down to the tone they use to describe them. It is way worse for Pelosi than Schumer and Schumer is a flipping Jew! (just ask the Nazis at the U of M these days...)
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Exactly. Get a white man in charge.
                How about someone who isnt older than my dad
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I don't understand how yielding to Republican racism and sexism helps us. Obviously it's morally repellent, but beyond that it doesn't even make sense as a pragmatic tactic. Anyone who votes against a candidate because they are non-white or a woman is already a straight-ticket Republican voter who votes in every election because they think Baby Jesus wants them to usher in the new White Christian Age. We should not even acknowledge the existence of those mouth-breathers -- beyond them being utterly disgusting drip slime they are lifetime Republicans who we would never, ever be able to get.

Gore, Kerry, Obama, Hillary. The only 1 of the 4 who won was the scary black dude with the Muslim name. Don't run away from bigotry -- face it down and tear it to shreds. Bullies are always the worst cowards -- just look at Dump.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I don't understand how yielding to Republican racism and sexism helps us. .
                    Hey wait, didn't you parrot just about every Russian bot line about Hillary last election?

I kid, I kid. I don't care if the person who replaces Pelosi is male, female, or transgender. What I am saying is that if she's a detriment in swing districts due to her longevity in DC it dovetails with the need for the Dems to get younger leadership anyway in the party if she steps down sometime in the next Congress after assuming a well deserved Speakership one more time.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      Hey wait, didn't you parrot just about every Russian bot line about Hillary last election?

I kid, I kid. I don't care if the person who replaces Pelosi is male, female, or transgender. What I am saying is that if she's a detriment in swing districts due to her longevity in DC it dovetails with the need for the Dems to get younger leadership anyway in the party if she steps down sometime in the next Congress after assuming a well deserved Speakership one more time.
                      I can see that, but I think the longevity line is just some made up BS and they'll find something else for any other person. The thing they hate is the "D."* That's all that matters.

* Actually, we're learning with their reaction to Mueller that it isn't even the D, it's just not getting their way. The entire Republican party and their voters is the biggest bunch of victimized snowflakes in the country. They make Millenials look like rock-ribbed, self-reliant John Waynes.
                      Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post

I honestly only want someone younger...
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I honestly only want someone younger...
                          -- Donald J. Trump
                          Cornell University

Comment

-- Donald J. Trump
                            Not only that but it takes a long time to get to leadership.

Comment

Not only that but it takes a long time to get to leadership.
                              Not to mention the price of incumbency.
                              Cornell University

Comment

http://www.startribune.com/vp-pence-...s/478172013/#2

Pence was in Minnesota. Selling his brand or Republicanism. Sitting with him and embracing him were Erik Paulsen, Tom Emmer, and Jason Lewis. Time for all 3 of those clowns to go. At a minimum Lewis and Paulsen should be gone for sure given their district make up. Emmer is a tougher district for Democrats to win.

Comment

Working...
                                X