Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress - Fantastik! Try to remember we vote in November.

Didn't realize it but he actually does have a challenger. But your logic that a primary winner would go on to be less competitive in a general election is pretty terrible.
    Last edited by trixR4kids; 05-03-2018, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      Didn't realize it but he actually does have a challenger. But your logic that a primary winner would go on to be less competitive in a general election is pretty terrible.
      Only if R and D general results were independent trials. They are not. The dependencies mean while a more liberal D may inspire greater D turnout she (it's WV, who are we kidding?, he) will generate greater R turnout and also move greater D to R losses than R to D gains.

Now it's true those dependencies are weakening as R disappears into the Sunken Place. There may come a day when you just try to shoot the moon with every seat, knowing the game is 100% to inspire your side and the other side has become completely cut off. But we're not there, yet.
      Last edited by Kepler; 05-04-2018, 09:06 AM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        Right, cause we've never seen that kind of thing happen on the other side with the Tea Partiers.

Todd Akin, Roy Moore, etc...

Comment

We all know why Roy Moore lost lol.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            It was nice to see him lose, for whatever reason, but it's a shame his loss gets blamed on his fancy for young girls, with little regard to his history of bigotry and his complete disregard for the constitution while he was under oath to uphold it. The guy was dangerous to a lot more than young girls.

Comment

I wish that's why he lost (and the dem turnout was obviously great in that one) but from what I understand the suppressed turnout on the other side was mostly what did it and if I had to guess that was the main problem.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                It was nice to see him lose, for whatever reason, but it's a shame his loss gets blamed on his fancy for young girls, with little regard to his history of bigotry and his complete disregard for the constitution while he was under oath to uphold it. The guy was dangerous to a lot more than young girls.
                Alabamans only actually care about one of those things. They like to claim the others, but they're only interested, in hush tones, of course, about the S-E-X.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  But by your logic, he won the primary and therefore was the best chance for the GOP to win.

Just because you win a primary doesn't mean you've got the best chance of winning a general. Those are two different electorates.

Comment

I get that, the problem is you're using the absolute worst possible example to prove your point.

Comment

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...nt-and-insider

“My favorite meat is hot dog, by the way. That is my favorite meat,” he told a gathering of supporters as they joined him recently for a casual dinner organized by his campaign. “My second favorite meat is hamburger. And, everyone says, oh, don’t you prefer steak? It’s like, I know steaks are great, but I like hot dog best, and I like hamburger next best.”
                      Oh my god, Mitt, stop. Just...stop. I don't even want to make fun of this. It's just painful.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Oh my god, Mitt, stop. Just...stop. I don't even want to make fun of this. It's just painful.
                        Makes sense. Practice on hot dogs before having to fellate dump daily

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post

There's a reason he has to face a primary. Half the state sees him for the carpetbagging, phony, SOB that he is.

Comment

I highly doubt Willard M. Romney has ever eaten a hot dog in his life.
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

So I think McConnell is one of the biggest PoS alive and I’d like him to sufffer but wow.
                              They’re now eating their own

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...rnd=1525385642

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                So I think McConnell is one of the biggest PoS alive and I’d like him to sufffer but wow.
                                They’re now eating their own

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...rnd=1525385642
                                That is fantastic.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X