2018 NCAA DIII Women's Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 NCAA DIII Women's Tournament

Plattsburgh wins 3-1 (ENG by Millen)! No Meneghin, no Kraus and Moriarty was not seen on the ice after the 1st. A very gritty win. Two goals from players who only had 4 goals coming into the game (McArdle and Songin).

They take on Elmira next week.

Comment

Norwich finishes off Morrisville 8-2. They await the winner of UWEC @ Hamline (hosted by neutral site GAC) tonight at 8PM ET.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
        Norwich finishes off Morrisville 8-2. They await the winner of UWEC @ Hamline (hosted by neutral site GAC) tonight at 8PM ET.
        When the attendance was announced at 877 it was one of the first times I think they were low. It looked more like 1200 to me.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
          When the attendance was announced at 877 it was one of the first times I think they were low. It looked more like 1200 to me.
          Hope some of that crowd filters over to Kreitzberg next weekend! Have to imagine a potential Norwich/Plattsburgh final could crack the four digits, if not more. Should be a great weekend of hockey. Three very good hockey teams already advanced and will be joined by one more in 2ish hours.

Should be a fantastic weekend.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Darby Dodds has scored twice to put Hamline up 2-0 over UWEC almost through the 1st. Includes a shorthanded goal.

Eau Claire has had their chances though, couldn't score on a 90+ second 5 on three and they had a 2 on 0 breakaway where they couldn't get the shot on goal.

Refs calling it very tight.

Comment

Darby Dodds has scored twice to put Hamline up 2-0 over UWEC almost through the 1st. Includes a shorthanded goal.

Eau Claire has had their chances though, couldn't score on a 90+ second 5 on three and they had a 2 on 0 breakaway where they couldn't get the shot on goal.

Refs calling it very tight.
              Blugolds can't stickhandle or pass well tonight. Sloppy. They look tired mentally.

Refs are putting on a show.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                Refs are putting on a show.
                Did they bring the refs from Adrian out there?

Comment

Interesting intermission interview with the UWEC AD. Says WIAC made a mistake pulling out of the NCHA. Says teams usually don't even play a sport without an AQ.

Comment

Interesting intermission interview with the UWEC AD. Says WIAC made a mistake pulling out of the NCHA. Says teams usually don't even play a sport without an AQ.
                    Is he new? Seems sort of "toolish."
                    Last edited by shelfit; 03-10-2018, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                      Is he new? Seems sort of "toolish."
                      His bio says he's been there since 2014. Previously at Chicago State

Comment

His bio says he's been there since 2014. Previously at Chicago State
                        Still seemed like a bit of a tool.

Comment

Is it time for the Blugolds to put their 6'2" goalie in net just to try giving some different chemistry out there? Hamline leads 3-0. If Eau Claire doesn't score the next goal in this game then they're pretty much done. As it is I think I'm starting to smell toast cooking.
                          Last edited by shelfit; 03-10-2018, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                            Seemed low to me too. Only 100 more than the game against Oswego the week before and Middlebury seemed to have a couple hundred fans there. I would have thought at least 1000 as well.
                            Steve
                            Penn State Class of '95
                            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

3-1 at the end of two. Blugolds with a power play goal to give them some life.

Comment

Plattsburgh wins 3-1 (ENG by Millen)! No Meneghin, no Kraus and Moriarty was not seen on the ice after the 1st. A very gritty win. Two goals from players who only had 4 goals coming into the game (McArdle and Songin).

They take on Elmira next week.
                                Not often seen, but the Cards have a lot of depth. It showed tonight!!

Comment

Working...
                                X