Comment

• Re: 2018 NCAA DIII Women's Tournament

Originally posted by MND3Dad View Post
      Down goes the champ.
      Yup and they went down hard.....

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

The best match up on paper lived up to the hype.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          The best match up on paper lived up to the hype.
          +1....If Elmira can get their legs back....Tomorrow night will be a classic as long as the Cadets do what is expected !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Congrats to Elmira slaying the dragon. They earned it playing hard and making the most of mistakes.

Congrats to Norwich your setup was amazing.

And for the rest of the weekend I say: Go Pipers!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
              Congrats to Elmira slaying the dragon. They earned it playing hard and making the most of mistakes.

Congrats to Norwich your setup was amazing.

And for the rest of the weekend I say: Go Pipers!
              I would still rather it stay East.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                That's Ray Biggs on the color.
                Yeah, I know and I know he's a Utica guy. And just for the record, I posted that comment long before the game was decided. Good luck to the Eagles tomorrow night. That game was a classic.
                Steve
                Penn State Class of '95
                Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• What's with the NCAA.com live streaming of semi #1 cutting off within milliseconds of the OT goal being scored?!?! The play-by-play guy was still reacting with excitement to the goal when everything stopped streaming. Very amateurish! No replay of the goal. No closing comments by the broadcasters. Terrible job NCAA! Hopefully you won't make that blunder again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                    I would still rather it stay East.
                    I tried to muster that sentiment but I can't. After the ECAC West years, I don't think I could root for Elmira in a neutral game unless their careers were on the line like an old school wrestling retirement match stipulation.

Norwich, I wanted them to have to avenge 9-2 if they were going to win on home ice. I just can't root for them.

If it were any other Eastern team except these two and Midd I might feel like you.

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                      What's with the NCAA.com live streaming of semi #1 cutting off within milliseconds of the OT goal being scored?!?! The play-by-play guy was still reacting with excitement to the goal when everything stopped streaming. Very amateurish! No replay of the goal. No closing comments by the broadcasters. Terrible job NCAA! Hopefully you won't make that blunder again.
                      Probably trying to get a breather and prep for game 2 after the OT. Not great to see happen, but having broadcasted I can see their perspective being one crew.

There's generally not a lot of post game on these streams anyway, having watched the replays of past 4 championship games on that site.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                        Probably trying to get a breather and prep for game 2 after the OT. Not great to see happen, but having broadcasted I can see their perspective being one crew.

There's generally not a lot of post game on these streams anyway, having watched the replays of past 4 championship games on that site.
                        For the sake of a couple more minutes?! I don't think so. Finish the moment at hand for crying out loud. Then make a couple of closing remarks, including the new start time of semi #2. Maybe that takes 3 minutes, tops. Cutting it off prematurely like that was ridiculous and completely amateurish.

Comment

A blown icing call led to Elmira’s 1st goal making the score 2-1 in the 3rd. How this got pass review is unexplainable. As you can see, the player closest to the ref is clearly first to the hash mark by a lot.

https://www.dropbo*****/s/pdxg2bz8cp...%20PM.mov?dl=0

Comment

The Cadets got things done 5-1 over Hamline. Can't say I like the NCAA announcing team.
                            Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bar Down View Post
                              A blown icing call led to Elmira’s 1st goal making the score 2-1 in the 3rd. How this got pass review is unexplainable. As you can see, the player closest to the ref is clearly first to the hash mark by a lot.

https://www.dropbo*****/s/pdxg2bz8cp...%20PM.mov?dl=0
                              I’m pretty sure icing is not reviewable.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                                I’m pretty sure icing is not reviewable.
                                Perhaps you’re right, but a goal is reviewable. For example, goals have been negated for offsides after review. Would be nice to know what is and what isn’t in the NCAA

Comment

Working...
                                X