Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2018 NCAA DIII Women's Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post
    It seems to me that the NCAA should make use of the local resources when the NC tournament is at a facility that has the expertise to produce a quality production. Rather than the quirky NCAA feed, it would seem to me that they could have had the Norwich crew produce the usual NSN feed and link to it from the NCAA site. They could use their own choice of voices if they want, but maybe they could have just used George Commo and Lee Kitttel or George Commo and Corey Gustafson (with instructions to be appropriately neutral). I've never seen a good D3 championship production. I don't know if I have just looked at the wrong time, or if this is a common occurrence.

It also seems to me that with games at the Frozen Four, that it would be appropriate to have intermission shows instead of just dead air. Shows a lack of respect for the importance of this event.
    Agreed!

Hey, am I seeing this right? Is Plattsburgh losing 3-1 to Hamline right now?!

Re: 2018 NCAA DIII Women's Tournament

Hamline leading 3-1 after the 1st. I'm a fan of Western hockey and have been excited by play in the MIAC and WIAC this season, so I'm not too surprised to see Hamline doing well. I wish there were more chances for teams to play each other (Imagine what fun it would've been to see Hamline, GAC and UWEC all playing against Eastern teams in the first round, or earlier in the season and throw in UWRF and St. Thomas!). Looking forward to the rest of this game to see if Hamline can keep it up or if Plattsburgh picks things up in the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by egon_getts View Post
    Hamline leading 3-1 after the 1st. I'm a fan of Western hockey and have been excited by play in the MIAC and WIAC this season, so I'm not too surprised to see Hamline doing well. I wish there were more chances for teams to play each other (Imagine what fun it would've been to see Hamline, GAC and UWEC all playing against Eastern teams in the first round, or earlier in the season and throw in UWRF and St. Thomas!). Looking forward to the rest of this game to see if Hamline can keep it up or if Plattsburgh picks things up in the 2nd.
    My best guess is after winning 4 titles in a row, this game is a meaningless throwaway for Platty whereas it means tons more for Hamline. That being said, I think it would be an embarrassment for Plattsburgh to lose twice this weekend and come home empty-handed.

Colorado Cadets Fan

Third place games are always kind of odd. Both teams are out of the running for the title and one may be more motivated than the other to take bronze medal as it were. A team may just go through the motions if they don't really care, although one would hope there would be a little pride on the line.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

And Hamline takes it 5-4 in OT with 6 seconds left!

No trophy for Plattsburgh to take pictures with while drinking beer with this year I guess.

Colorado Cadets Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie44 View Post
    No trophy for Plattsburgh to take pictures with while drinking beer with this year I guess.
    Isn't there an aluminum medal for 4th place?
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Quote Originally Posted by egon_getts View Post
    And Hamline takes it 5-4 in OT with 6 seconds left!
    These two games by Hamline rank as the best performance by a western team in the championship weekend, IMO. They were more impressive than any other western team on this weekend that I can remember. I'm gonna follow the Pipers of Hamline now! (Get it?!)

Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post
    Isn't there an aluminum medal for 4th place?
    Unfortunately, with the tariffs in place, the NCAA cannot provide these.

Video with no audio once again for player intros. Oh wait, there it is now! Woohoo! They must have read this forum and decided to pipe in the audio.

I've got my computer audio full up and the NCAA feed full up and can barely hear it.
    Formerly known as NUSuntan

Norwich with a PPG with 1:33 left to take a 2-1 lead

And the Cadets hit an ENG with 13.6 left to clinch it.
    Last edited by joecct; 03-17-2018 at 09:35 PM.

Congrats to the lady cadets, impressive season!!

r

ENG didn't count. Final 2-1 Norwich. Congratulations for a fine season and the Championship.
    Formerly known as NUSuntan

I have to tell on myself. After Norwich scored the go ahead goal, I accidentally dropped my coffee into the section of Elmira fans below. It was 100% an accident and I am sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    These two games by Hamline rank as the best performance by a western team in the championship weekend, IMO. They were more impressive than any other western team on this weekend that I can remember. I'm gonna follow the Pipers of Hamline now! (Get it?!)
    Nothing against the Pipers (enjoyed watching them for the first time these two days), but what about Wisconsin-Stevens Point '03-'04 (beat Manhattanville 4-1 in the semi and lost to Middlebury 2-1 in the final)?

Congratulations to Norwich on their '17-'18 NCAA DIII women's championship! Hope to see you all next season.

Perfect! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by KrbFlint View Post
    I have to tell on myself. After Norwich scored the go ahead goal, I accidentally dropped my coffee into the section of Elmira fans below. It was 100% an accident and I am sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by KrbFlint View Post
    First good laugh I've had since Elmira scored in OT yesterday. Thanks for your letting us know!
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Ahhh....there it is!

"McGovern's goal with 1 minute, 33 seconds left came on a shot from the high slot and it followed a controversial Elmira roughing penalty 41 seconds earlier." (Elmira Gazette)

A great third period of action, and very physical play by two talented teams, absolutely ruined by a sketchy call at a very critical time. Neither an Elmira fan or Norwich hater, I was very disappointed by this call. And then just after the "winning goal" an Elmira player, as Elmira presses for the equalizer, takes a solid 2-hander to the back a sprawls to the ice....no call. Always a tragedy when an outstanding contest is literally diminished by poor official judgement.

Very enjoyable game to watch. I think the best team won fair and square.

Thread Information