Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 NCAA DIII Women's Tournament

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
    These two games by Hamline rank as the best performance by a western team in the championship weekend, IMO. They were more impressive than any other western team on this weekend that I can remember. I'm gonna follow the Pipers of Hamline now! (Get it?!)
    Nothing against the Pipers (enjoyed watching them for the first time these two days), but what about Wisconsin-Stevens Point '03-'04 (beat Manhattanville 4-1 in the semi and lost to Middlebury 2-1 in the final)?

Congratulations to Norwich on their '17-'18 NCAA DIII women's championship! Hope to see you all next season.

Comment

Perfect! Thank you!

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
      I have to tell on myself. After Norwich scored the go ahead goal, I accidentally dropped my coffee into the section of Elmira fans below. It was 100% an accident and I am sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
        I have to tell on myself. After Norwich scored the go ahead goal, I accidentally dropped my coffee into the section of Elmira fans below. It was 100% an accident and I am sorry.
        First good laugh I've had since Elmira scored in OT yesterday. Thanks for your letting us know!

Comment

Ahhh....there it is!

"McGovern's goal with 1 minute, 33 seconds left came on a shot from the high slot and it followed a controversial Elmira roughing penalty 41 seconds earlier." (Elmira Gazette)

A great third period of action, and very physical play by two talented teams, absolutely ruined by a sketchy call at a very critical time. Neither an Elmira fan or Norwich hater, I was very disappointed by this call. And then just after the "winning goal" an Elmira player, as Elmira presses for the equalizer, takes a solid 2-hander to the back a sprawls to the ice....no call. Always a tragedy when an outstanding contest is literally diminished by poor official judgement.

Comment

• Very enjoyable game to watch. I think the best team won fair and square.

Comment

• Originally posted by obserbear View Post
              Nothing against the Pipers (enjoyed watching them for the first time these two days), but what about Wisconsin-Stevens Point '03-'04 (beat Manhattanville 4-1 in the semi and lost to Middlebury 2-1 in the final)?

Congratulations to Norwich on their '17-'18 NCAA DIII women's championship! Hope to see you all next season.
              If you re-read my post I said, "that I can remember." I don't remember ancient history.

In 03-04 most teams were only a few years old and not as deep as today's teams as was D3 overall, in spite of the recent diluting of the talent pool. I'd say the top teams in D3 today are much better than they were back in 03-04. Just my opinion of course.
              Last edited by shelfit; 03-18-2018, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mucker44 View Post
                Ahhh....there it is!

"McGovern's goal with 1 minute, 33 seconds left came on a shot from the high slot and it followed a controversial Elmira roughing penalty 41 seconds earlier." (Elmira Gazette)

A great third period of action, and very physical play by two talented teams, absolutely ruined by a sketchy call at a very critical time. Neither an Elmira fan or Norwich hater, I was very disappointed by this call. And then just after the "winning goal" an Elmira player, as Elmira presses for the equalizer, takes a solid 2-hander to the back a sprawls to the ice....no call. Always a tragedy when an outstanding contest is literally diminished by poor official judgement.
                Watching the video stream (which was not of the greatest quality) the activity behind the Norwich net was pretty blatant. Calling it roughing was a bit odd, but it certain affected the play of the game.I have always found the attitude that "the players, not the refs" should decide the game missing the point. If a player commits a penalty it needs to be called. If the refs don't call obvious penalties, then the non-call is deciding the game. I did not see the incident you referred to at the end, but if it happened, it should have been called.
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                  These two games by Hamline rank as the best performance by a western team in the championship weekend, IMO. They were more impressive than any other western team on this weekend that I can remember. I'm gonna follow the Pipers of Hamline now! (Get it?!)
                  Hamline lost 5-1 in the semifinal game vs Norwich. Not sure how a team that lost 5-1 and never had a lead was all that impressive.
                  In 2017, GAC lost the semifinal game vs host team Adrian in OT and then beat Norwich for 3rd place.

Comment

• Originally posted by KWJM View Post
                    Hamline lost 5-1 in the semifinal game vs Norwich. Not sure how a team that lost 5-1 and never had a lead was all that impressive.
                    In 2017, GAC lost the semifinal game vs host team Adrian in OT and then beat Norwich for 3rd place.
                    And what did Hamline do on Saturday against four-time defending national champion Plattsburgh again? Oh yeah! All I'm saying is of the NCAA tournament games (not just the final four) that I've seen over the years, Hamline had more speed, more energy, more tenacity, better shooting skills, and just a better overall quality than any Western team I've seen over the years. It's just my opinion and keep in mind that I haven't seen every game in D3 NCAA tournament history even though I've seen a ton of them. My opinion is based on what I have seen in person or watching online, not just by lookong at boxscores.
                    Last edited by shelfit; 03-19-2018, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Our official Championship highlight video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui_d...ature=youtu.be
                      WDEV/NSN Color Analyst 2011-2014
                      NSN NU Women's Hockey PBP 2014
                      Follow Me On The Twitter: @Tannerace

2000, 2003, 2010, 2011 (W) National Champions

Comment

Way to Go NORWICH!!!!!!!!!!
                        It was their year to bring home the Gold!!

Comment

Working...
                        X