2018 NCAA DIII Women's Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    I’m pretty sure icing is not reviewable.
    Correct. That replay shows the ref sort of facing away from the Plattsburgh player at the hash marks in front of her net. He was probably only seeing the Elmira and Plattsburgh players together in the faceoff circle and the Elmira player was ahead of that Plattsburgh player. Oh well. Plattsburgh looked like they were playing safe conservative hockey waiting for scoring chances to arise. On the other hand, Elmira looked more aggressive and hungry to win. In OT you have to go for it IMO and Elmira did that better than Plattsburgh and that resulted in the big W.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
      The Cadets got things done 5-1 over Hamline. Can't say I like the NCAA announcing team.
      Wow, the streaming broadcast stayed on long enough to show the teams shaking hands while the broadcasters did a nice little game wrap-up and brief setup of tomorrow's two games, and it only took a couple of minutes altogether. Who would have thunk it?!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
        The Cadets got things done 5-1 over Hamline.
        Hamline wasn't the same after that "too many players" penalty during their own power play. That cost them any chance of tying Norwich. The Cadets' goal on the ensuing 4 on 4 was too much for the Pipers to overcome. Gotta stay organized on the bench and know who's going over the boards next. Other than that mistake I thought the Pipers represented the West admirably. I don't think the shots reflected the better team. Watching the game I never had a single thought that Norwich was at risk of losing tonight. They were the team in charge of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
          Correct. That replay shows the ref sort of facing away from the Plattsburgh player at the hash marks in front of her net. He was probably only seeing the Elmira and Plattsburgh players together in the faceoff circle and the Elmira player was ahead of that Plattsburgh player. Oh well. Plattsburgh looked like they were playing safe conservative hockey waiting for scoring chances to arise. On the other hand, Elmira looked more aggressive and hungry to win. In OT you have to go for it IMO and Elmira did that better than Plattsburgh and that resulted in the big W.
          Perhaps you’re right but what if they got the call right and there was no OT. That said, where was the 2nd ref? What was he watching? Look I get the refs are human, but this one wasn’t even close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bar Down View Post
            Perhaps you’re right, but a goal is reviewable. For example, goals have been negated for offsides after review. Would be nice to know what is and what isn’t in the NCAA
            It doesn’t matter. Icing is not reviewable, therefore anything that results from icing, including a goal, can not be reversed.

Offsides is reviewable, therefore that can result in a goal being reversed.
            Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 03-16-2018, 10:24 PM.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              It doesn’t matter. Icing is not reviewable, therefore anything that results from icing, including a goal, can not be reversed.

Offsides is reviewable, therefore that can result in a goal being reversed.
              It appears the board is being spammed just bumping this to top.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                It appears the board is being spammed just bumping this to top.
                Just remembered that 2/3 of the Prezidential Three will be playing in the final.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: 2018 NCAA DIII Women's Tournament

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Just remembered that 2/3 of the Prezidential Three will be playing in the final.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    He best remember where his rooting interest should lie
                    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Watched some of the EC/Platty game yesterday. Quality of the hockey has certainly declined. Now I understand how Platty won four in a row and dominate year after year. Have to say, the National Championship game was yesterday. Today's just the house league competition.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
                        Watched some of the EC/Platty game yesterday. Quality of the hockey has certainly declined. Now I understand how Platty won four in a row and dominate year after year. Have to say, the National Championship game was yesterday. Today's just the house league competition.
                        I found the second semi to be more exciting to watch. There were long stretches of the first semi where I found myself bored to death. Maybe because Platty and Elmira have faced each other so often over the years. I don't know. I just enjoyed the second game a lot more. Who are you picking to win today's games? Platty should win the 3rd place game, but the championship could be a toss-up.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                          I found the second semi to be more exciting to watch. There were long stretches of the first semi where I found myself bored to death. Maybe because Platty and Elmira have faced each other so often over the years. I don't know. I just enjoyed the second game a lot more. Who are you picking to win today's games? Platty should win the 3rd place game, but the championship could be a toss-up.
                          If Elmira plays the whole game today like they did in the third of the Semi.....they walk away with it. If not...a toss-up.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Nice job NCAA...no audio for line-ups or National Anthem.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

What happened to Kraus for Plattsburgh? I know she was benched for the Middlebury game on an ncaa violation. But she has not been on the ice since sometime in the third period of the Oswego game

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                                Nice job NCAA...no audio for line-ups or National Anthem.
                                It seems to me that the NCAA should make use of the local resources when the NC tournament is at a facility that has the expertise to produce a quality production. Rather than the quirky NCAA feed, it would seem to me that they could have had the Norwich crew produce the usual NSN feed and link to it from the NCAA site. They could use their own choice of voices if they want, but maybe they could have just used George Commo and Lee Kitttel or George Commo and Corey Gustafson (with instructions to be appropriately neutral). I've never seen a good D3 championship production. I don't know if I have just looked at the wrong time, or if this is a common occurrence.

It also seems to me that with games at the Frozen Four, that it would be appropriate to have intermission shows instead of just dead air. Shows a lack of respect for the importance of this event.
                                Last edited by NUProf; 03-17-2018, 03:07 PM.
                                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                                X