No announcement yet.

2018 NCAA DIII Women's Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eau Claire needs the next goal to make it a one goal difference. If Hamline scores next it's over. Lots of penalties in this one!

Comment

A shortie for Eau Claire to make it 3-2! Score clock shows the Blugolds leading in shots 22-16.

Penalty on Hamline with 4:11 remaining in regulation. Blugolds power play has been awful disorganized all night.

Empty net. Icing on Hamline. 12 seconds left. Timeout Eau Claire. The refs changed their minds about the icing call and put the faceoff at center ice killing Eau Claire's chances to tie it up. Brutal decision. Hamline wins.

The Gusties were probably pulling their hair out all night watching this one.
      Last edited by shelfit; 03-10-2018, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Re: 2018 NCAA DIII Women's Tournament

The Frozen Four is set:

Elmira vs Plattsburgh - 3:30 PM ET
        Hamline vs Norwich - 7:00 PM ET

Kreitzberg Arena, Northfield, VT

Comment

Looks like Darwitz whined her way to a center ice faceoff and Eau Claire had no shot. Refs are so intimidated by Darwitz it’s just a joke.

Maybe the refs out east won’t be so scared.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
            The Frozen Four is set:

Which means Norwich will most certainly make it to the championship game after watching Elmira and Plattsburgh go toe to toe in the afternoon. I like Norwich's road to the championship game. It appears much smoother than the road for either Elmira or Plattsburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by MND3Dad View Post
              Looks like Darwitz whined her way to a center ice faceoff and Eau Claire had no shot. Refs are so intimidated by Darwitz it’s just a joke.

Maybe the refs out east won’t be so scared.
              Good thing Middlebury isn't playing Hamline next weekend. We'd have a battle of the whiniest coaches.

Comment

The Frozen Four is set:

those times are not official yet.
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

It's really too bad about those first 3 Hamline goals on their first 10 shots because I think Eau Claire was the better team after that. Hamline was only able to get 10 more shots total after that point which was 1:20 into the second. I chalk that first period up to Eau Claire having played the night before. However them's the breaks. I felt bad for Connelly but she really settled down after giving up those three goals. Credit goes to Hamline for doing all they had to do to advance to the next round. Neither of these two teams is on the same level as Norwich so I don't really think it mattered who won last night but good luck to Hamline anyway. They're going to need a lot of it.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    That's a bad job out of the NCAA.com website for posting them then if they're not official. They should have just left it as TBD.

Comment

That's a bad job out of the NCAA.com website for posting them then if they're not official. They should have just left it as TBD.
                      Agreed.
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Interesting intermission interview with the UWEC AD. Says WIAC made a mistake pulling out of the NCHA. Says teams usually don't even play a sport without an AQ.
                        It was all about that midWestern idea that athletically public schools can't compete with private schools, so we will take our ball and go home. The. WIAC schools are getting at large bids with both genders, however.
                        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          Doesn't the Handbook say that the home team should play in the second game? I'm sure Norwich would prefer the early game if they can get it. Is there still a consolation game in the Women's Tournament?
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                            Doesn't the Handbook say that the home team should play in the second game? I'm sure Norwich would prefer the early game if they can get it. Is there still a consolation game in the Women's Tournament?
                            I don't believe it is in the handbook but you are right about them wanting the early game, The 3 times Plattsburgh hosted they played the early game, gives them more rest than the team they are playing if they win. Also yes, still a consolation game.
                            Last edited by Scorin33; 03-11-2018, 03:24 PM. Reason: Forgot a couple of words, it happens.

Comment

Looking forward to welcoming those that have never been to Northfield, Vermont and the central Vermont area.

For those that are new or may have even been here before, wanted to give a little information to help plan their trip.

Hotels:
                              I would recommend Capitol Plaza in Montpelier. About 15 minutes from campus. it's right in downtown Montpelier, state capital and walking distance to many restaurants as well as shops etc. There is also a fantastic steakhouse right adjacent to the hotel. The Comfort Inn will be totally booked I believe with all the teams staying there.

Other places I would recommend would be the Quality Inn in Barre as well as the Best Western and Fairfield?Marriott Inn Suites in Waterbury. Quality Inn is about 20 minutes from the rink. The two places in Waterbury might be the best bang for your buck, just a little bit further drive. Both are about 30 minutes from campus, but they are also 25-30 minutes from downtown Burlington which is a fantastic area right on Lake Champlain if you've never been. Highly recommend Church Street if you have time to kill in Burlington.

The two places in Waterbury are also right near the "tourist trail" of Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream, Cold Hollow Cider Mill and Cabot Cheese Factory. Excellent area with good restaurants and the famous Alchemist Brewery with Headytopper is right in town.

Restaurants: I would recommend trying to go to Cornerstone Burger Company right in downtown Northfield. it's a great burger joint with beers and they have been fantastic supporters of Norwich and the hockey programs. Bobby runs the place and does a great job. I fully expect this place to be hopping all weekend with hockey fans.

There is only one other true bar in Northfield and it's just on the outskirts of town heading toward Montpelier. It's called the Rustic and it's a family-owned bar/restaurant. Mark is the owner, also a great guy and great supporter of Norwich. Bigger place and a little bigger menu than what Cornerstone has. Highly recommend the Ramsey if you go there! grilled cheese with a burger in the middle.

Northfield also has a Subway and Depot Pizza. There is a craft brewery that has done well right next to Cornerstone Burger company called Good Measure Brewing. They also just opened up a coffee shop right next to Cstone called Carrier Roasting that has been getting rave reviews from the coffee drinkers (not me.).

Two decent options for breakfast in town. Common Cafe is right downtown and is your typical diner style breakfast joint. My favorite is Falls general store near the Rustic. They have a great breakfast menu and great coffee. The FGS breakfast plate is solid choice any day of the week.

Montpelier and Barre are the two "bigger" cities in the area with a few more dining options, "nightlife" and hotels.

There are a couple Bed and Breakfasts in Northfield that may have limited availability if you just have a smaller group and want to stay right in town.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any more questions. My contact information is pretty easy to find on www.norwichathletics.com!

Classes are not in session so parking and tickets will not be an issue. We have 1500 seats and 2200 with standing room. We're expecting a good turnout but certainly not getting a sellout. A Plattsburgh/Norwich final though would certainly be a pretty good ticket and we might approach being able to sell all the seats.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Nice run down on the local attractions Prez...and I'd only add that I hope the visitors get to see what those amazing women Cadets showed us this past weekend...especially if we get a crack at the Birds for the NCAA title. What a great showing!!! Go Cadets
                                Last edited by Old Rook NU'66; 03-11-2018, 09:52 PM.
                                Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                                Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

Working...
                                X