Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

Ustaski has a goal in each of his last two games. Big guy's a regular scorin' machine.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      I e-mailed the author once you guys started to. This has blown up. I was ****ed when I attached the link, but I had no idea it would take off. Some of these people write their opinions and the sheep absorb and believe it without any research.

Good job, y`all
      Just sent a reply back to him. We'll see what he thinks about my "it is poor form to use a single anomalous year to prove a point" argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        Nic Kerdiles is now on a one year, standard 2-way contract that guarantees him $100k in the minors and $650k in the NHL, plus zero signing bonus. He's made around $17,500 in the NHL this year.
        Shoulda stayed from a hockey standpoint.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Bump over spam.....
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

I don't give a ****** what the rest of the country thinks, but the NCAA hockey tourney isn't the same without Wisconsin, North Dakota,or Minnesota. I thought my interest waned when the Badgers ****ed up,now I have ZERO interest, although my best wishes go to Air Force or Denver.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              I don't give a ****** what the rest of the country thinks, but the NCAA hockey tourney isn't the same without Wisconsin, North Dakota,or Minnesota. I thought my interest waned when the Badgers ****ed up,now I have ZERO interest, although my best wishes go to Air Force or Denver.
              I don’t disagree, but watching the Goophers go from 98 percent chance of getting in at noon yesterday to watching all six of their potential doors shut through the afternoon toward the perfect storm of elimination, did make my Badger heart smile a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Shoulda stayed from a hockey standpoint.
                My simple rules for early departure that very few seem to follow:

Go to the show? Tally-Ho! -- Play in the A? Stay!

Right now the economics of the CBA pushes teams to sign you as early as possible as it provides them with a (relatively) cheap labor pool for 2-3 years. (and beyond if they keep you in the minors early on.) Hindsight is 20/20 of course, but it plays out over and over the same way. To be fair, Kerdiles has struggled with injuries, but had he played one more year of NCAA, got stronger, worked on his shot and his skating with Eaves, who was an excellent skating coach, possibly become an All-American, and then gone to camp, I just feel like his chances of making the big club were going to be much, much better. If he did stay and then went and played even a half season in the NHL, he'd probably have at least 2-3x the money he's made so far. Not to mention what his next contract would have been in comparison to the one he's on right now.

Frederic may very well end up on the Boston roster next year, he sees the game well, has a stellar shot and is incredibly strong, but it would be somewhat of a surprise. He's not great around the net and has been inconsistent. I didn't get the impression that Tony was nearly as high on Freddy's readiness right now as he was on Kunin a year ago.

We'll see what happens with him vs. guys like Ryan Donato and Troy Terry who both opted to stay an extra year. Hopefully he'll do great.
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                  Last time the Badgers, Gophers, and Siouxies all played golf during the tournament?

===> 1969 <===

1966 if you include BC.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Last time the Badgers, Gophers, and Siouxies all played golf during the tournament?

===> 1969 <===

1966 if you include BC.
                    That is crazy. I have no horse in the race this year and have almost no interest as a result.
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                      That is crazy. I have no horse in the race this year and have almost no interest as a result.
                      I am rooting for Air Force.

I loved the fact the rodents got slowly straggled out of the tourney.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        I am rooting for Air Force.

Yeah, it was kind of like having a 10 foot slow burning fuse attached to a book of matches in between toes on Goldy's paw. Better them than us, but it's still not the same.

(I'm still having issues with the website and it's ****ing me off.)
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

After getting embarrassed by the goofs at home it's a small consolation, BUT... at what was sadly the high point of this season, we won at Mariucci on Saturday.

If the goofs sweep the Badgers at home there instead of splitting, they are a 2 seed in this tournament.

So there's that.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

If the goofs sweep the Badgers at home there instead of splitting, they are a 2 seed in this tournament.

So there's that.
                            So UW knocked both the UM men's and women's teams out of the ncaa's......I can live with that. Is it also possible to say the Sue's tie with UW also hurt their chances AND UW's win against BC did the same?

Comment

So UW knocked both the UM men's and women's teams out of the ncaa's......I can live with that. Is it also possible to say the Sue's tie with UW also hurt their chances AND UW's win against BC did the same?
                              Our tie with UND doesn't really affect Sue's 14th spot much win, lose, or draw. Had BC beat us, they would be 14 and UND would be 16. With all the autobids this year 14th is still out, but in some years 14th is enough to get in... I guess the best you could say is in combination with some other team beating BC and UND, we helped keep them out... kind of a stretch, but is technically true. Which is the best kind of true.
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Luciapet out as Goofer coach. Not sure if retired or fired.
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X