Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
    NHL playoffs are about to begin. Are all ye Hawks fans alright?
    I'm not shedding a tear, though I do want DG to succeed. No reason to cheer for the Wild with Suter out. Looks like I'm left with the Preds, Sharks, Flyers and Bolts. I really want to see Pavs vs Els in the final. I love the fact that St. Louis & Calgary dumped Els and now they are both out. Haha. Interesting fact....Els' Dad was a director for the Red Green show, one of the greatest tv shows of all time.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Interesting fact....Els' Dad was a director for the Red Green show, one of the greatest tv shows of all time.
      How had I never heard this before? Awesome bit of trivia there.
      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
        NHL playoffs are about to begin. Are all ye Hawks fans alright?
        Wild.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Random thoughts on tickets...

I understand if someone eats 4 women's tickets that cost a grand total of $20, but to eat 4 tickets that are pushing a hundo for a men's game is just crazy from an economics standpoint. The disposable income of the people in the Madison Metro area is just crazy to whizz a hundo or hundos down the toilet and not really care. There are many ways to try and get them into people's hands who want to go to games.

It makes me irritated that I'm sitting in the 3rd tier when there are literally 1000's of better seats bought and just left empty. UW needs to come up with a system to move people down into the lower tiers. Makes for a better atmosphere and happier attendees.

I'd love to see how many games are eaten per ticket holder.

Maybe they can adjust the ticket prices for season tickets based on how many games worth of tickets you eat; the more you eat, the higher the ticket price.
          Student tickets.

I'm pretty sure (not 100%) they had some kind of single game option for students this year (in the main part of the student section, not the upper corner reserved seats they sold down the stretch 4 years ago to top it off) so it's harder to estimate, but considering the games that had people (basically dead bodies, but people nonetheless) in the second deck, and other non-holiday games had a few rows not all the way across, that accounts for a lot of unused tickets that were technically sold/distributed.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Wild.
            Let's Go Wild! Sucks that Suter is out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              I love the fact that St. Louis & Calgary dumped Els and now they are both out..
              I feel the same way including your thoughts on the Wild. By default, I've always been an Avalanche fan, actually going back to the Nordiques. I even have a Quebec Nordiques Forsberg jersey!

So needless to say, I've been without a playoff team for years.....UNTIL 2018!!! Tough first round for me because I really like the Preds since Smitty is a family friend. I just hope I don't run into his dad in the next couple of weeks.🙊
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                I'm an Islanders fan. What is this word that you refer to? Play... what?
                https://youtu.be/s2R2sH2ScBM

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                  I feel the same way including your thoughts on the Wild. By default, I've always been an Avalanche fan, actually going back to the Nordiques. I even have a Quebec Nordiques Forsberg jersey!

So needless to say, I've been without a playoff team for years.....UNTIL 2018!!! Tough first round for me because I really like the Preds since Smitty is a family friend. I just hope I don't run into his dad in the next couple of weeks.🙊
                  Ewwwww, a Colorado fan? Gross.

Edit: My dislike spurs from the 2014 playoffs Avs vs Wild.
                  Last edited by digitalbooya; 04-11-2018, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• Brian Elliott not looking very good.

Comment

Brian Elliott not looking very good.
                      Yeah, too bad. I thought he should've had all 3 of those so far.

By the way, if you have Center Ice like I do, it's done for the season. NBC takes over. Watch for games on NBCSN, NBC, CNBC, USA and wait for it.......the GOLF Channel 🏌️ haha! 🤣

As usual, the Wild are still on Fox North, and some Wild games might still be on Fox Wisconsin unless the Bucks or Brewers are in the way.
                      Last edited by MadCityRich; 04-11-2018, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Schultz picked up an assist last night for the Pens. Haxs says his gut feeling is to go with Els in game 2. I think he has to.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

It’s absurd to me how Els never gets a fair break in the playoffs.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            It’s absurd to me how Els never gets a fair break in the playoffs.
                            What do you mean?

Comment

What do you mean?
                              He didn’t do himself any favors, but neither did his defense yesterday.

And he would regularly outplay goalies that took his spot when he was in St Louis and Ottawa.

Comment

I just read that Kyle Hayton signed an ATO with the Admirals. I'll stop there.

Comment

Working...
                                X