Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

Great to see the Sharks get a W last night, now the Preds need to bounce back in a bad way, and so do the Bolts. Pens are cruising along nicely. Bawstin is my team to hate on in the playoffs.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      38 games - 93 for 238 - 39.1 %. ...
      Which was good for 2nd place in power play % that year.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Which was good for 2nd place in power play % that year.
        Who was #1?

The NCAA record book lists '76-'77 Badgers as the second highest total PPG's at 93 behind only '80 MN with 99 in 41 games. #3 was '97 MI at 91 in 45 games.
        Also lists the Badgers .391 PP% as the second highest ever behind '71 BU at .402. #3 is shown as '75 MI Tech at .383.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Season ticket renewal information is out.
          Here is a LINK to all of the information.

Start the season with BC on Oct 12-13 and MTU on Oct 26-27.
          Probably making a trip to "the north country" in the week between for the Clarkson/St Lawrence trip
          Then away to NoDak on Nov 2-3 before jumping right into conference play with Minnesota on Nov 9-10.

There will be some conflicted weekends:
          Oct 13 is BC at UW for hockey and UW at Michigan for football (could be a prime time game)
          Oct 27 is MTU at UW for hockey and UW at Northwestern for football
          Nov 10 is Minnesota at UW for hockey and UW at Penn State for football (could be a primetime game, could be a huge game for bowl considerations)
          Dec 1 is PSU at UW for hockey and B1G football championship in Indy (if UW makes it that far, heck it might be UW vs PSU).

I wonder what it would take to do "super weekends" where if we host a school for both football and hockey we get all 3 games in one weekend? Who wouldn't love a Friday Hockey / Saturday Football / Saturday Hockey weekend against Minnesota. Could probably get a lot more of the "casual" fans to buy in.

Also an important item to note in the release is that all B1G playoff games would be at the Kohl Center if UW is hosting. This also means that the second weekend's single game would be on a Sunday, but it would still be on campus rather than at the Coliseum.

Only 163 days until the puck drops, but who is counting...

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
            Who was #1?

The NCAA record book lists '76-'77 Badgers as the second highest total PPG's at 93 behind only '80 MN with 99 in 41 games. #3 was '97 MI at 91 in 45 games.
            Also lists the Badgers .391 PP% as the second highest ever behind '71 BU at .402. #3 is shown as '75 MI Tech at .383.
            Clarkson with 40%+
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

With DU in all likelihood needing a new coach, I wonder if Oz would sniff that one. Next to UW, that's a pretty sweet spot to land.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                With DU in all likelihood needing a new coach, I wonder if Oz would sniff that one. Next to UW, that's a pretty sweet spot to land.
                Let's hope not.
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  You have to wonder if he wants to be a head coach right now. He had a shot at Ohio State, it didn't go well. He's got a pretty good gig at UW right now. In a town he knows, with people he knows, at a school he knows. and let's face it, he's got some ridiculous talent lined up for the next few years.

If anything, I could see him settling in for the long-haul at UW with the unsaid assumption that when Granato goes elsewhere that he would be at the top of the list for the UW spot.

Comment

I would be shocked if Oz was in the running for the DU job. I think he's pretty well committed to being here for a couple more years for one, and two, I think there might be other candidates that DU already has in mind.

Last week I had thought about the prospects of UW having $$ in hand combined with the rumored coaching departure at DU. I wondered if the staff might wait to see if everyone is really happy becoming Pio's with no Monty at the helm. Especially Filip Larrson, 6th round Redwing's pick and top Sweden and USHL goalie who committed a year ago. Presumably the Redwings would have no problems with their guys playing for Tony. Brendan Budy, Brett Stapley, and especially Norwegian, Emilio Pettersen, are all centers possibly to be picked in the later rounds of the draft that are committed to DU for next year, (although I believe Pettersen has been committed for years.) Probably slim chance but Monty was never adverse to taking a run at other team's players, so I wouldn't mind it at all.

Instead the staff has made the interesting choice of accelerating Ben Almquist. Which I'm not upset about, he's a very good player, 2nd team MN all-state, great character, plus I watched a couple of games of his last year and was really impressed with his abilities. Maybe that gives a little insight into how the staff is thinking going forward though.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                      You have to wonder if he wants to be a head coach right now. He had a shot at Ohio State, it didn't go well.
                      His big beef with OSU was the lack of their commitment to the hockey program. In DU, hockey is the undisputed king.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        You shut your whore mouth
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Clicking here is a great way to spend a couple minutes.

Eddie is always going to be high on my list of favorite Badgers.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            You shut your whore mouth
                            Oz leaving or calling DU a sweet spot?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

"Maybe if you want to learn, don't watch #20. Pick someone else." Humility and humor...... Good stuff and thanks for sharing.
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

That was awesome. Thanks for posting that.
                                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Working...
                                X