Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Ty Emberson -Arizona (73rd) ; Sampo Ranta -Colorado (78th) ; Jack Gorniak -Montreal (123rd) Let's Go Red!
    Badgers going to places without Badgers (Colorado & Montreal), good to spread out a bit more.

Super-stoked Miller is with the Rangers! It was painful to see my favorite team go from 3 Badgers to Badgerless. Of course I hope he's at UW for 4 years, I am a patient guy.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

A 1st, two 3rd's and a 4th is not a bad class considering most players in this year were committed before Tony took over. Going to be fun watching these guys develop. Let's Go Red!
      Overall a pretty awesome draft, I'll take 1, 3, 3, 4. BU had the best draft with 1, 1, 3, 6. I could see NoDak even with us from their 1, 2, 4, 6

But it could have been even better!

I didn't look for all of the decommits, but I did see the the Krygier brothers go within a few picks of each other in the 7th.

I get that there are circumstances and issues and whatnot...but how amazing would it have been to get 4 D drafted in a single draft?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
        Overall a pretty awesome draft, I'll take 1, 3, 3, 4. BU had the best draft with 1, 1, 3, 6. I could see NoDak even with us from their 1, 2, 4, 6

But it could have been even better!

I didn't look for all of the decommits, but I did see the the Krygier brothers go within a few picks of each other in the 7th.

I get that there are circumstances and issues and whatnot...but how amazing would it have been to get 4 D drafted in a single draft?!?
        Yeah, that’d have been awesome
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Nothing to do with hockey, but I am up in Eagle River watching guys muskie fishing. This is awesome.
          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
            Nothing to do with hockey, but I am up in Eagle River watching guys muskie fishing. This is awesome.
            If you want to watch musky fishing, hop on the boat with MCR and I, we'll show you the ropes. My musky fishing has been de-railed a bit this year due to other obligations, but it's about to get back in gear. We caught a 34 last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
              With us both probably being the farthest away from WI, is it odd that I will also be in Vilas County this coming week?

Will probably spend a little time Muskie fishing... at least that's my plan, I'm not sure Mrs. McBadgerton is all up to speed on that. Yet.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

With us both probably being the farthest away from WI, is it odd that I will also be in Vilas County this coming week?

Will probably spend a little time Muskie fishing... at least that's my plan, I'm not sure Mrs. McBadgerton is all up to speed on that. Yet.
                I was there LAST week......

You can't be in Vilas or Oneida without tossing some big hardware in the water, it's against county ordinances.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  If you want to watch musky fishing, hop on the boat with MCR and I, we'll show you the ropes. My musky fishing has been de-railed a bit this year due to other obligations, but it's about to get back in gear. We caught a 34 last weekend.
                  I've caught and released a few "average" Muskies out of Monona this year, but fishing Monona and Waubesa has been miserable due to the rains/high water run-off/blue-green algae. I don't fish for 'ski's as much as I used to, I really enjoy chasing Walleyes and Bronzebacks!

I've been up to my brother's home north of Eagle River a few times, but when I'm up there I don't give a rats *** if I catch anything!

When will the 1st annual USCHO - Wisconsin party in Conover take place?
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

So funny that you will be up here as well soon. We need to coordinate our trips next time. This is a yearly trip with a few of my friends to get up here in the summer.

I need to get in some fishing in the next few days though. It would be wrong not to.
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Tischke is Captain Badger with Seamus backing him up. Was Tischke an AC last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Tischke is Captain Badger with Seamus backing him up. Was Tischke an AC last year?
                        I don't think so. It was C Hughes, AC - Malone, Frederic, Wagner, and maybe Linhart??
                        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich
                          Kerdiles to The Pegger!
                          A reason to root for the Jets, besides their cool jerseys. The big question is do they have room for him at the big club?

Reading up on Sampo, his favorite thing to the is go fishing! I'd love to chat about fishing in Europe, MONSTER pike all over the place there.

Comment

• Kerdiles to The Pegger!

......and McDonagh extends 7 years.
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

bump to the top.

Any predictions for this year? I'm over last years underperformance.

I really really like this freshman class. I think they have a nice mix of studs and blue collar guys and many potential leaders who were captains on their former teams. This class reminds me of Burish's class and we all know how that ended......

For the first time since it was announced Tony and Mark were coaching, I am generally excited for the future. although I think this will be a rough year unless the frosh get up to speed quick.
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                                bump to the top.

Any predictions for this year? I'm over last years underperformance.

I really really like this freshman class. I think they have a nice mix of studs and blue collar guys and many potential leaders who were captains on their former teams. This class reminds me of Burish's class and we all know how that ended......

For the first time since it was announced Tony and Mark were coaching, I am generally excited for the future. although I think this will be a rough year unless the frosh get up to speed quick.
                                I14 wins or 20, neither would surprise me but I feel less than 20 wins will be a complete failure.

I am very cautiously optimistic.
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X