Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

Originally posted by burd View Post
    He seemed exhausted. He was a horse last night. Glad to see him get the Cup at last.
    There was that big pause to fix the clock, so he could have been rested enough to give it a go. My guess is he's not a great faceoff guy nor a top 3 defensive forward. And that's ok, he's a heck of a player.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Great article on NHL.com about Sampo. I am SO jacked for this upcoming season. Dude's gonna light the lamp. Ranta-Malone-Weissbach, which one will win the Hobey? I'm afraid they'll split the vote.

Comment

Rumps signed with the Braehead Clan, good for him. He sure deserved a better fate at UW. I do really like non-Viqueen purple, I may have to get a jersey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Rumps signed with the Braehead Clan, good for him. He sure deserved a better fate at UW. I do really like non-Viqueen purple, I may have to get a jersey.
          Just when you think you know almost everything about Euro hockey, I read about this Scottish team. Who knew?
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Man I read “Rumps” as “Ranta” and about had a heart attack.

Comment

I was in Madison all week, and would like to apologize to Wisconsin for all the thoughtless negative things I’ve assumed and said about your wonderful city over the years. It’s a great place to hang out and moves well ahead of St. Paul (concrete jungle) and Ann Arbor (obviously) on my list. The people I met were great, the traffic is effortless to navigate (at least in June), it’s beautiful.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                I was in Madison all week, and would like to apologize to Wisconsin for all the thoughtless negative things I’ve assumed and said about your wonderful city over the years. It’s a great place to hang out and moves well ahead of St. Paul (concrete jungle) and Ann Arbor (obviously) on my list. The people I met were great, the traffic is effortless to navigate (at least in June), it’s beautiful.
                Who are you? What have you done to geezer?

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                  Must be high on life.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                    Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                    That's part of the reason summer recruiting should also be successful for UW. Madison is indeed a great town.

Comment

My wife must have been cutting onions during the NHL awards banquet tonight. There was a lengthy tribute to the Humboldt Broncos and I was tearing up at the same time. ****ing onions.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        His twitter feed is looking pretty happy.
                        Happy ending, never thought it could happen )))))))

Comment

NY Rangers realize they can't live without a Badger D after trading former first rounder Ryan McDonagh away to Tampa, so they select K'Andre Miller 22nd overall. Congrats to K'Andre who joins the group of Badger first round D that includes McDonagh, Brendan Smith, Jake Gardiner and Ryan Suter. Can't wait to see him on the ice in the fall.

Today should be Sampo Ranta, Ty Emberson, and Jack Gorniak. Good luck boys!
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            NY Rangers realize they can't live without a Badger D after trading former first rounder Ryan McDonagh away to Tampa, so they select K'Andre Miller 22nd overall. Congrats to K'Andre who joins the group of Badger first round D that includes McDonagh, Brendan Smith, Jake Gardiner and Ryan Suter. Can't wait to see him on the ice in the fall.

Today should be Sampo Ranta, Ty Emberson, and Jack Gorniak. Good luck boys!
                            K'Andre and Coach Oz got a ton of love from Brian Lawton and Panger on NHL Network. Lawton mentioned Gardiner, McCabe, McDonagh, and Schultz under Oz' tutelage. I hope we get 2 good years out of Miller!

Who the **** WOULDN'T want to come here? 😉

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                              Happy ending, never thought it could happen )))))))
                              Who was with you? 🤣

Comment

Ty Emberson -Arizona (73rd) ; Sampo Ranta -Colorado (78th) ; Jack Gorniak -Montreal (123rd)

Sampo slipped a little further than I thought he might but still a good spot. Gorniak was all over from top 50 to Undrafted in various pre-draft predictions. His monster performance at the combine had to help the Habs decision to pull the trigger on him. Congrats boys!

A 1st, two 3rd's and a 4th is not a bad class considering most players in this year were committed before Tony took over. Going to be fun watching these guys develop. Let's Go Red!
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X