Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Hmmmm........Better get Todd D on the case.
    Already did. He is working on it. He had some theories, but it wasn't confirmed so I won't post those here.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      Already did. He is working on it. He had some theories, but it wasn't confirmed so I won't post those here.
      I love giving Todd leads on possible stories, I do that on the women's side quite frequently because Mark Johnson is mega hush hush on everything. Maybe YOU are Todd D.....
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I love giving Todd leads on possible stories, I do that on the women's side quite frequently because Mark Johnson is mega hush hush on everything. Maybe YOU are Todd D.....
        sadly no, I am Todd, but Todd K....
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Updated the decommit/non-pro early departure list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18ImvKLUHKZyhn5-GSaO-5FHUVbRJv9Uypm4FIAQuLj8

It’s amazing: only eight NHL draft picks on roster this year. We’ve lost four since the last season ended.
          Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 09-07-2018, 01:33 PM.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Updated the decommit/non-pro early departure list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...9Uypm4FIAQuLj8

It’s amazing: only eight NHL draft picks on roster this year. We’ve lost four since the last season ended.
            That is a lot of talent down the crapper......

Comment

Some interesting tidbits from Todd recently

Would be interesting to see how ticketing is handled, since this comes long after the season tickets packages were purchased.

Also of interest is that it looks like the game in Chicago may or may not happen this year. That would create another situation for tickets since only one of the home Notre Dame games was included in the season ticket package.

Also saw a couple of familiar names on this line chart

Last edited by KaMiGo; 09-07-2018, 04:08 PM. Reason: copy/paste error

Comment

Grant Standbrook in the house today! Woot!

Loved that guy, fantastic recruiter.
                Also, I miss John Johansson doing color “brooks got hit with so many lefts he was begging for a right” Alex Brooks vs Mike Commodore😀
                Last edited by solovsfett; 09-07-2018, 04:40 PM.
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  That is a lot of talent down the crapper......
                  1/3 of drafted players on the team dropped their commitments. ****, I wish I was a little mouse under a desk in the "hawkey awffice" to find out *** is going on. I am disappointed in the lack of Canadian-made boys as well. For quite a while, we had a pretty good pipeline from western Canada, not to mention Ontario. That pipeline seems to have been shut down. 😔
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Well, the hockey gods have granted us one less week of waiting for hockey!

Exhibition game against University of Victoria just added for Sunday the 7th at 5pm.

Not part of season ticket package, info on tickets not yet announced.

Comment

With this young team I'm just glad they managed to schedule an exhibition before the season starts. Those BC games are going to be big later in the year.
                      Originally posted by WiscTJK
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                        Well, the hockey gods have granted us one less week of waiting for hockey!

Exhibition game against University of Victoria just added for Sunday the 7th at 5pm.

Not part of season ticket package, info on tickets not yet announced.
                        If the Athletic Dept was smart, and we all know, that's debatable!, they price these tickets on the cheap to draw in bodies. I'll drop up to 10 for a ticket, full price would be a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          If the Athletic Dept was smart, and we all know, that's debatable!, they price these tickets on the cheap to draw in bodies. I'll drop up to 10 for a ticket, full price would be a joke.
                          Make em 7 - get the season ticket holders who wouldn't go out of their way for this game for more, get families who never pay much attention because why are the cheapest tickets 20 bucks, and sell them some snacks (and sell them future UW hockey games).

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                            Make em 7 - get the season ticket holders who wouldn't go out of their way for this game for more, get families who never pay much attention because why are the cheapest tickets 20 bucks, and sell them some snacks (and sell them future UW hockey games).
                            University of Victoria was here a few years ago for another season-opening exhibition. I can't find any articles that support this right now, but I recall reading/hearing that for one reason or another the players had to chip in for their own travel expenses.

If what I am seeing online is right, they are a club team at the university, they aren't even a school-sponsored varsity team...

Comment

Consider me shocked, $5 tickets.

https://uwbadgers.com/news/2018/9/13...hl-center.aspx
                              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                                What a SAVE! Awesome, I will be there.

Comment

Working...
                                X