Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    I feel like I recall bunch or recent seniors in the 90s and that none of them made it.

Which leaves… Mersch?

And unless Hughes or Bessie or one of the other recent guys did it, I’m going to say it was an early Eaves guy. Gilbert?
    Michael Mersch will always be a favored Badger in my eyes. He just wasn't a very good skater and didn't seem to have the natural talent that some guys have, yet he worked and worked and worked and just built himself into THE guy that could put the puck in the net when you needed it. Mike Mersch's outstanding UW career came to an end in 2014 with 67 goals and 120 career points, making him # 49 on the Badgers all time list and just a bit ahead of Hobey Blake Geoffrion. Excited to see if Dom can follow in the footsteps of his big brother this year.

Grant Besse is an excellent guess that I'm surprised wasn't made sooner, however he couldn't buy a goal in the last half of his senior year and finished just short with 97 points.

Tom Gilbert has already been guessed.... WRONG!

Just one player since 2000 with 100 career points or more remains. Who the heck could it possibly be?
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I saw that Ronny Wolf!

On the one hand I'm admonishing you for not reading the previous posts fully. On the other hand I'm giving you credit for a correct answer with Michael Davies as clearly no one who was cheating the system would have posted Michael Davies as an answer at this point. My rules so good guess!

So again to recap where we stand:

23. Mark Zengerle - 162 points - 2014

45. Michael Davies - 123 points - 2010

47. Robbie Earl - 121 points - 2006

49. Michael Mersch - 120 points - 2014

51. Blake Geoffrion - 114 points - 2010

53. Dany Heatley - 113 points - 2001

53. Justin Schultz - 113 points - 2012

57. Ryan MacMurchy -110 points - 2006

67. Joe Pavelski- 101 points - 2006

67. ???
      Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 08-28-2018, 08:34 AM.
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        I saw that Ronny Wolf!

On the one hand I'm admonishing you for not reading the previous posts fully. On the other hand I'm giving you credit for a correct answer with Michael Davies as clearly no one who was cheating the system would have posted Michael Davies as an answer at this point. My rules so good guess!

So again to recap where we stand:

23. Mark Zengerle - 162 points - 2014

45. Michael Davies - 123 points - 2010

47. Robbie Earl - 121 points - 2006

49. Michael Mersch - 120 points - 2014

51. Blake Geoffrion - 114 points - 2010

53. Dany Heatley - 113 points - 2001

53. Justin Schultz - 113 points - 2012

57. Ryan MacMurchy -110 points - 2006

67. Joe Pavelski- 101 points - 2006

67. ???
        Tyler Barnes?
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          Tyler Barnes?
          DING! DING! DING!!! We have a winner!

Perhaps a bit overshadowed by a few of his teammates and a bit underrated by some fans, Tyler Barnes put up 4 solid years of production to achieve what so many Badgers have not. His 101 points ties him with Little Joe, the Big Pavelski at #67 all time for UW. Tyler has been tearing up the ECHL with 222 points in 3 years with 6 different teams, but he hasn't been able to stick in the A yet. I'd love to see him take an opportunity to go to Europe and play where I think his considerable offensive skills could really shine.

Thank you all for playing, as a reward, you will all be my guests at the Chuck Schwartz Suite at the Kohl Center for a Badger Hockey game on a date yet TBD**. (Even gwhinwi, despite his obvious self control issues.)

Here's a softy for the special bonus question: There are just six Badgers with an amazing 200 or more career points. All but one played for Badger Bob Johnson. Who is it?

** Likely to take place sometime after my first really significant lottery win.
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

It’s gotta be Coach Granato.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              It’s gotta be Coach Granato.
              In the words of the immortal Arthur Fonzarelli - Correctamundo!

"Tony the Tiger" aka "Tony Terriffic" aka "The Downers Grove Dazzler" aka "The West Side Weapon" aka "The Northwoods Night Train" aka "The Badger Bullet" aka "The Badger Bully" aka "The New York Nuclear Option" aka "The Los Angeles Locomotive" aka "The San Jose Sledgehammer" aka "The Colorado Kingpin" aka "The Pied Piper of Pittsburgh" aka "The Detroit Duke of Demolition" and soon to be known as "The Wizard of Wisco" lit the lamp a perfect 100 times for the Badgers to go along with his 120 helpers giving him 220 career points and making him the last Badger to crack the double century mark.

This bonus answer earns EODS the coveted place nearest the Spotted Cow beer fountain within the Chuck Schwartz Suite at the Kohl Center at a time yet TBD. Congratulations.
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

This bonus answer earns EODS the coveted place nearest the Spotted Cow beer fountain within the Chuck Schwartz Suite at the Kohl Center at a time yet TBD. Congratulations.
                I'll take my place next to the Menard's Paint Thinner trough.
                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

When will the friggin schedule be announced?
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Interesting he doesn't have Goofs or Badgers or Denver in top 16
                    Last edited by WiscTJK; 08-29-2018, 12:35 PM.
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      Interesting he doesn't have Goofs or Badgers or Denver in top 16
                      I can't see a reason that UW would be ranked that high right now. Gotta see what they have before you give them any initial accolades.
                      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        When will the friggin schedule be announced?
                        The schedule was released months ago...

Here is the link to the article from UWBadgers.com

Still waiting for details on the Chicago trip...Kohl Center is booked for a basketball game vs Michigan on the 19th (Saturday). United Center is booked for a Bulls game on the 19th (Saturday) and a Blackhawks game on the 20 (Sunday). The interesting tidbit is that the Blackhawks game is crazy early, 11:30AM start. Maybe they scheduled to allow for an NHL / NCAA double-header?

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post

Here is the link to the article from UWBadgers.com

Still waiting for details on the Chicago trip...Kohl Center is booked for a basketball game vs Michigan on the 19th (Saturday). United Center is booked for a Bulls game on the 19th (Saturday) and a Blackhawks game on the 20 (Sunday). The interesting tidbit is that the Blackhawks game is crazy early, 11:30AM start. Maybe they scheduled to allow for an NHL / NCAA double-header?
                          That sounds kind of cool with the Blackhawks. Unfortunately that is my annual snowshoe trip up north (ie drinking and sheepshead).
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                            That sounds kind of cool with the Blackhawks. Unfortunately that is my annual snowshoe trip up north (ie drinking and sheepshead).
                            Thought the ticket sale last week said Friday vs ND was at Kohl Center?

Comment

Originally posted by Bratbill View Post
                              Thought the ticket sale last week said Friday vs ND was at Kohl Center?
                              It is. the Saturday game is at the United Center that weekend, probably Sunday afternoon based on KaMiGo post.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                                No times, I need times so I can make plans. Once the men set up their times, then the women get squeezed around BB and men's hockey like the unwanted step child they are.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X