Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dtrumbower View Post
    I vote @MadCityRich for goalie coach.

Or full time skype with Korn.
    I DO have MCRJr's 4 different sets of Bill Howard Goalie School videos from the late 90s until 2008ish. I could bring a VCR (Look it up, punks), sit the boys down in front of a CRT TV (Look that up, too), and sit back with Doritos and Budweiser. BTW, I still have Korn CDs!
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

I love Howie, but Howie can't run his camps AND be the volunteer goalie coach. NCAA rules prohibited it the summer Howie left coaching the Badgers. Probably not a coincidence there.
      Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 09-26-2018, 04:56 PM.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
        I DO have MCRJr's 4 different sets of Bill Howard Goalie School videos from the late 90s until 2008ish. I could bring a VCR (Look it up, punks), sit the boys down in front of a CRT TV (Look that up, too), and sit back with Doritos and Budweiser. BTW, I still have Korn CDs!
        I am 100% behind this idea!

It's simple. Just stop the freakin' puck boys! Now toss me another cold one.
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

I would like to attend these sessions. I will just bring better beer (or some Zima.)
          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
            I love Howie, but Howie can't run his camps AND be the volunteer goalie coach. NCAA rules prohibited it the summer Howie left coaching the Badgers. Probably not a coincidence there.
            True, but it's all wishful thinking. I guess we've got to trust G on this move.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

True, but it's all wishful thinking. I guess we've got to trust G on this move.
              My faith in TG has been shaken to the core, when I look at this goalie coach thing, look back on the goalie trainwreck last year, the lack of tight play in the D zone, and the recruiting flips/losses. A negative aura has sunk over me. This season is a referendum on TG as a head coach.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Me too! MY son did the Korn camp one year and we had him in the Fox Valley a few times too.

Comment

This is something new...

Those that have been begging for 3 on 3 are getting their wish.

Comment

Having Kalynuk and Miller gives us a couple of very good, mobile, offensive defenseman we can put out on consecutive shifts 3x3, so it seems ok to me from the Badgers standpoint.

I was intrigued by Todd M. posting a working line combo of Zimmer-Malone-Johnson the other day. May seem a little 'meh' to some fans... but I thought Zimmer was really coming on late in the year last year. He's a terrific skater and if he has finally gotten up to pace and has learned to use his speed and mobility to make things happen without the puck.. I could see him being a real disruptor if he embraces that role, and that becoming a surprisingly good line.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

People complain no matter what, but 3 on 3 is 100x better than straight to shootout. We can accept gradual improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                        Having Kalynuk and Miller gives us a couple of very good, mobile, offensive defenseman we can put out on consecutive shifts 3x3, so it seems ok to me from the Badgers standpoint.

I was intrigued by Todd M. posting a working line combo of Zimmer-Malone-Johnson the other day. May seem a little 'meh' to some fans... but I thought Zimmer was really coming on late in the year last year. He's a terrific skater and if he has finally gotten up to pace and has learned to use his speed and mobility to make things happen without the puck.. I could see him being a real disruptor if he embraces that role, and that becoming a surprisingly good line.
                        I like that line, Zimmer needs to be with top end guys so he has the best opportunity to show what he can really do. And being up against the opposing team's top line will also help push him to use his assets to the fullest.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          I like that line, Zimmer needs to be with top end guys so he has the best opportunity to show what he can really do. And being up against the opposing team's top line will also help push him to use his assets to the fullest.
                          Yeah, Zimmer has the wheels and ability to be one of those guys that ends with 8 goals but is still a MVP type guy for you. I'd love to see him play that way and I think maybe he can.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                            People complain no matter what, but 3 on 3 is 100x better than straight to shootout. We can accept gradual improvement.
                            Absolutely!

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                              Maybe Tony was just too preoccupied last year to do his job at UW.
                              I will say that I am pretty happy Tony isn't going to school or coaching the Olympics this year. Personally, I'm hoping to see a bit more out of Tony.

Regardless of all Eaves recruiting or personnel problems, one thing I always liked about him at his best (and probably worst) was his intensity. You could get third degree burns 5 rows up behind the bench when they were facing down a #1 team or in a big tournament game, he radiated so much intensity.

Tony is a super competitive guy, I wouldn't mind if he maybe let go a few times to get the boys cranked up even higher. Get some bench minors, throw some chairs in the locker room, take a swing at a ref! You know, old time hockey!
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Timmy me boy, I know Lindenwood isn't a good barometer, but what did you think of the women?

Comment

Working...
                                X