Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We can’t have nice things.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
      We can’t have nice things.
      I’m really not 👀 my forward to another .500 or less season and nothing but questions in goal. Ranta was supposed to contribute on O and there are some guys now who I think have plateaued at the average mark on that front...ugh
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

Just a rumor, keep calm everyone. These things never come true. It's only a coincidence that Brady Tkachuk has left BU and now Sampo has "admissions" issues.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Just a rumor, keep calm everyone. These things never come true. It's only a coincidence that Brady Tkachuk has left BU and now Sampo has "admissions" issues.
          If that were the case why would Todd Milewski retweet it? I believe he has admission issues. I’m just mad they couldn’t figure out and solve these issues ahead of time. Didn’t the same thing happen with Philip Nyberg?

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
            If that were the case why would Todd Milewski retweet it? I believe he has admission issues. I’m just mad they couldn’t figure out and solve these issues ahead of time. Didn’t the same thing happen with Philip Nyberg?
            The original tweet said it was "rumored", but you are saying that by Todd RT'ing it, it must be true. I still hold out HOPE.

Comment

Back to despair side of the thread title. I just don't understand how things can come up at the last minute like this.
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Mark Divver just tweeted Sampo Ranta is headed to Minnesota.

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                Back to despair side of the thread title. I just don't understand how things can come up at the last minute like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                  Mark Divver just tweeted Sampo Ranta is headed to Minnesota.
                  And another excuse to miss the playoffs? Yeah team! We’re No. 2!!!
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Yep Despair....
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      Yep Despair....
                      Anger.

Comment

• Going from, "WOW, these guys are going to be great" to "Whatthe**** happened?" in a few weeks.

I hate to be a downer, but nothing good can come out of this. If this continues, we'll juxt have a bunch of "guys" like we've had for 5 - 6 years.

GOSHDAMMIT.
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• I’ll be the optimistic one this time. We now have scholarship money to spend. One leaves, you go out and find another. Maybe a ****ing goalie #Imjustsaying. Defense held this year’s team back. That won’t happen this upcoming year.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                            I’ll be the optimistic one this time. We now have scholarship money to spend. One leaves, you go out and find another. Maybe a ****ing goalie #Imjustsaying. Defense held this year’s team back. That won’t happen this upcoming year.
                            I respect your glass half full perspective. However, losing those blue chippers, especially at this time of year, is a ****ing disaster. Besides that, sure it freed up school money but this time of year I feel the well is dry. So, is this another "rebuilding" year?
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                              I respect your glass half full perspective. However, losing those blue chippers, especially at this time of year, is a ****ing disaster. Besides that, sure it freed up school money but this time of year I feel the well is dry. So, is this another "rebuilding" year?
                              The way I look at it it, they were 2nd in the league on 36 points in the first year of the new regime (with two less games.) 6th on 28 points last year. It seems like this team would be set up for a similar point output to those two seasons. A .500 overall record with a 4th or 5th place finish seems in the cards at this point, and the NCAA tournament seems another year off.
                              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                                AGREED and besides for the fact that three blue chippers have gone to other teams in our own conference. It's a mess and closing in on a disaster. Maybe the coaches should have been working this instead of being at some cottage celebrating birthdays.

Comment

Working...
                                X