Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132
Results 621 to 635 of 635

Thread: Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

  1. #621
    Sad Panda
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    My Body is in Georgia. My Heart will always be in Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,080

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

    Berry on Friday
    Lebedeff on Saturday.

    https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...7302869a6.html

    DROP THE PUCK!!!!!

  2. #622
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    10,101

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

    Quote Originally Posted by gwhinwi View Post
    Berry on Friday
    Lebedeff on Saturday.

    https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...7302869a6.html

    DROP THE PUCK!!!!!
    YES!

    I had forgotten Miller used to be an F, he looked like it in the exhibition, in a good way.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  3. #623
    SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    77 Square Miles Surrounded By Reality
    Posts
    2,816

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

    Quote Originally Posted by altazo View Post
    Hey guys, Ranta originally wanted to go to UW. Seems to me your beef is with the admissions department, not him. I think the kid just wanted to play NCAA hockey and Minnesota is an incredible place to be able to do so (and so is UW.)

    I donít recall anyone in the St. Lawrence thread last season advocating for someone to run Hayton when they played UW, even just in jest.

    You wanna show Ranta whatís what? Beat the Gophís on the ice, itís really pretty simple...
    Like I wrote, "If he took the easy way out **** Ranta, too". Nobody outside the program knows what happened, but if he said, "Screw it, I'm going to Rodentsota." without pursuing it, I stand by **** him .
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

    "License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

  4. #624
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    256
    Anyone else concerned that Berry gave up 2 goals on 7 shots against Victoria? Iím thinking Lebedeff will probably be the #1 guy by the end of the season. Debating on going to the game Saturday night after I get done with work. Really want to see him play and Friday night is on TV.

  5. #625
    who the hello?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alta, Ut.
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Like I wrote, "If he took the easy way out **** Ranta, too". Nobody outside the program knows what happened, but if he said, "Screw it, I'm going to Rodentsota." without pursuing it, I stand by **** him .
    How do you feel when the roles are reversed? Do you think the school owed it to Jurusik not to bring in Hayton as a transfer after the previous coaching staff rushed him in too early?

    I bet Granato and staff donít worry too much about people outside the UW locker room and I bet they would advise you to do the same.
    Last edited by altazo; 10-09-2018 at 05:01 PM.

  6. #626
    Teaching you how to Bucky.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    A den.
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalbooya View Post
    Anyone else concerned that Berry gave up 2 goals on 7 shots against Victoria? Iím thinking Lebedeff will probably be the #1 guy by the end of the season. Debating on going to the game Saturday night after I get done with work. Really want to see him play and Friday night is on TV.

    I watched it and personally I'm not too concerned. You don't expect Kalynuk to try to split two defenders 10 feet in front of the goal on a break out attempt and create a two on zero. Still made the first two saves there but not the third. Second one was 50/50 on a one on none. Some of those are definitely going to go in on everyone, and that one did. No big deal really but I don't suppose he felt all that great about it himself.

    Fact remains if we give up a whole bunch of 1 and 2 on zero attempts to BC, doesn't matter who is in goal, they're going to score a lot of goals on not many shots. So let's not do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

  7. #627
    Wisconsin Badgers Crease Creature
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,941
    Quote Originally Posted by altazo View Post
    How do you feel when the roles are reversed? Do you think the school owed it to Jurusik not to bring in Hayton as a transfer after the previous coaching staff rushed him in too early?

    I bet Granato and staff donít worry too much about people outside the UW locker room and I bet they would advise you to do the same.
    I don't know how far you got in English class in high school, but pay attention to the tone of MCR's comment (including the smiley). He's in fan mode. I don't know if you know this, but fans are neither analysts nor coaches.

  8. #628
    who the hello?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alta, Ut.
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscDC View Post
    I don't know how far you got in English class in high school, but pay attention to the tone of MCR's comment (including the smiley). He's in fan mode. I don't know if you know this, but fans are neither analysts nor coaches.
    I rite good talk.

  9. #629
    Drunkard
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Promised Land
    Posts
    17,280

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

    I donít even need to look for post history to know who this clown cheers forÖ

  10. #630
    Wisconsin Badgers Crease Creature
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,941
    Quote Originally Posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    I donít even need to look for post history to know who this clown cheers forÖ
    The Atlanta Braves, Minnesota Gophers hockey, and the Green Bay Packers?

  11. #631
    who the hello?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alta, Ut.
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    I donít even need to look for post history to know who this clown cheers forÖ
    Iím a Badger fan, but I donít obsess about 18 year olds who choose to play elsewhere.

    Maybe the kid thinks he has a better chance of winning a National Championship at Minnesota? Letís prove him wrong...

  12. #632
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    10,101

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalbooya View Post
    Anyone else concerned that Berry gave up 2 goals on 7 shots against Victoria? Iím thinking Lebedeff will probably be the #1 guy by the end of the season. Debating on going to the game Saturday night after I get done with work. Really want to see him play and Friday night is on TV.
    I'm not worried, as Wisko said, if they play like that in front of him, we're screwed no matter who the goalie is. And if they make boneheaded plays like that in real games it will be infuriating. I was more concerned about Lebedef on one of the shots he faced, a shot on the ice that JUST missed the far post but cleanly got under the butterfly.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  13. #633
    SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    77 Square Miles Surrounded By Reality
    Posts
    2,816

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

    Quote Originally Posted by altazo View Post
    I rite good talk.
    Lighten up, fella. Do we have to post *sarcasm*, and a bunch of winky eyes now so we don't offend anybody? WiscDC got it and I'm sure everybody else did as well.

    Honestly, I don't know what happened, I really wanted him, but he's now a goof. So....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7-51DeTRRQ
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

    "License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

  14. #634
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    10,101

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

    Ben Street scored his first NHL goal last night, what an inspirational deal that is.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  15. #635
    Sad Panda
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    My Body is in Georgia. My Heart will always be in Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,080

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Ben Street scored his first NHL goal last night, what an inspirational deal that is.
    He's actually had a pretty solid career through the AHL and quite a few cups of coffee in the NHL. Here's hoping that he sticks around with Anaheim for a while.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •