Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

Badger Backer

Re: Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I kind of expect Connelly to do the "coaching," by analyzing video and such, but he can't be on the ice as he is a team official.
    I think there is nuance her that Granato alludes to in the article. Connely can't be on the ice during the actual team practice (i.e. designated practice time with the coaches.) But, since he isn't a coach, I'm pretty sure that means he CAN spend time on the ice outside of the designated coached practices with just the goalies (much like the team is allowed to work on-ice without the team's coaches, but with external coaches, former teammates, etc. during the summer or outside of practice, or how they can work with UW strength and conditioning staff (but not coaches) outside of the designated practice times. So, in this case, Connely's limits for not being able to coach "during practice," could actually allow for more actual goalie coaching outside of designated official practice time, because he is not a coach. You know, the usual, completely sensical NCAA rules...

From the article: "UW has a former goalie on its staff in director of hockey operations Shane Connelly. Under NCAA rules, however, operations staff members can't do any coaching during practice.

"They'll be taken care of," Granato said. "That's certainly something we're aware of from a coaching standpoint on making sure they get the proper work. We'll go out early (to practice) with them.""

Sad Panda
    My Body is in Georgia. My Heart will always be in Wisconsin

TV schedule.

https://uwbadgers.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey&

18 games on TV. Not even all of the home games... Good grief.

Badger Backer

Quote Originally Posted by gwhinwi View Post
    TV schedule.

Glad to see the promise of the Big Ten Network really paying off in hockey coverage...

Quote Originally Posted by sunprairie View Post
    Glad to see the promise of the Big Ten Network really paying off in hockey coverage...
    Dripping with sarcasm. I agree with you. almost all the TV is non BTN. But BTN plus will cover the rest for mo money!

Let's go RED!

TV schedule.

None of the games @ UND, UND or UM are on TV. Ridiculous.

If Sanger needs to be with his family, by all means be there, family comes first. It's still TG's responsibility to find another goalie coach. No disrespect to Cons, but he isn't a goalie coach, he's an x goalie, it doesn't mean he can coach. I find no other way to characterize this other than very distressing.

I can't wait until Friday night and get to chant "more goals than shots". It's better be a bloodbath @ LaBahn.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

TV schedule.

And this is what Barry Im not a hockey guy Alvarez touted as a bonus of forming the B10 hockey conference. There would be more coverage via btn. Welp, several years in and same old ****.

Badger Backer

Dripping with sarcasm. I agree with you. almost all the TV is non BTN. But BTN plus will cover the rest for mo money!
    With all of the alternate feeds BTN has that sit unused on cable and Dish systems on Friday and Saturday nights, that BTN Plu$ racket really grinds my gears...

Sad Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by sunprairie View Post
    With all of the alternate feeds BTN has that sit unused on cable and Dish systems on Friday and Saturday nights, that BTN Plu$ racket really grinds my gears...
    As an EPL supporter that has to pay for NBC Sports Gold, I agree.

SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators
    Quote Originally Posted by solovsfett View Post
    Exactly!

Also, I know hes older but would Howie consider coaching for a year until they land a permanent goalie coach?
    He's not too old to run his camps in 5 different cities! However, Im sure he has lots of help and has some time for the Badgers ;-) , after all, he's the Chancellor of Goaltender University.

HOWIE, whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when we come for you?

Quote Originally Posted by dtrumbower View Post
    I vote @MadCityRich for goalie coach.

Or full time skype with Korn.
    I DO have MCRJr's 4 different sets of Bill Howard Goalie School videos from the late 90s until 2008ish. I could bring a VCR (Look it up, punks), sit the boys down in front of a CRT TV (Look that up, too), and sit back with Doritos and Budweiser. BTW, I still have Korn CDs!

Teaching you how to Bucky.

I love Howie, but Howie can't run his camps AND be the volunteer goalie coach. NCAA rules prohibited it the summer Howie left coaching the Badgers. Probably not a coincidence there.
    Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 09-26-2018 at 04:56 PM.
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Quote Originally Posted by MadCityRich View Post
    I DO have MCRJr's 4 different sets of Bill Howard Goalie School videos from the late 90s until 2008ish. I could bring a VCR (Look it up, punks), sit the boys down in front of a CRT TV (Look that up, too), and sit back with Doritos and Budweiser. BTW, I still have Korn CDs!
    I am 100% behind this idea!

It's simple. Just stop the freakin' puck boys! Now toss me another cold one.
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Sad Panda

I would like to attend these sessions. I will just bring better beer (or some Zima.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    I love Howie, but Howie can't run his camps AND be the volunteer goalie coach. NCAA rules prohibited it the summer Howie left coaching the Badgers. Probably not a coincidence there.
    True, but it's all wishful thinking. I guess we've got to trust G on this move.

Let's go RED!

True, but it's all wishful thinking. I guess we've got to trust G on this move.
    My faith in TG has been shaken to the core, when I look at this goalie coach thing, look back on the goalie trainwreck last year, the lack of tight play in the D zone, and the recruiting flips/losses. A negative aura has sunk over me. This season is a referendum on TG as a head coach.

Me too! MY son did the Korn camp one year and we had him in the Fox Valley a few times too.

This is something new...

Those that have been begging for 3 on 3 are getting their wish.

Having Kalynuk and Miller gives us a couple of very good, mobile, offensive defenseman we can put out on consecutive shifts 3x3, so it seems ok to me from the Badgers standpoint.

I was intrigued by Todd M. posting a working line combo of Zimmer-Malone-Johnson the other day. May seem a little 'meh' to some fans... but I thought Zimmer was really coming on late in the year last year. He's a terrific skater and if he has finally gotten up to pace and has learned to use his speed and mobility to make things happen without the puck.. I could see him being a real disruptor if he embraces that role, and that becoming a surprisingly good line.
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

People complain no matter what, but 3 on 3 is 100x better than straight to shootout. We can accept gradual improvement.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Having Kalynuk and Miller gives us a couple of very good, mobile, offensive defenseman we can put out on consecutive shifts 3x3, so it seems ok to me from the Badgers standpoint.

I was intrigued by Todd M. posting a working line combo of Zimmer-Malone-Johnson the other day. May seem a little 'meh' to some fans... but I thought Zimmer was really coming on late in the year last year. He's a terrific skater and if he has finally gotten up to pace and has learned to use his speed and mobility to make things happen without the puck.. I could see him being a real disruptor if he embraces that role, and that becoming a surprisingly good line.
    I like that line, Zimmer needs to be with top end guys so he has the best opportunity to show what he can really do. And being up against the opposing team's top line will also help push him to use his assets to the fullest.

Thread Information